Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Burfict Fined $112K/No Suspension

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Burfict Fined $112K/No Suspension

Probably not

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

If Burfict could kick in $100k/game to take a shot like that on any Steeler he would do it twice and with a smile

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    [/I]I wonder if they'll fine him for criticizing like they did Tomlin...
    I didn't consider that but it's a good point
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    Burfict isn’t exactly a fan favorite in KC. He was suspended for a hit on a Chief once.

It will be fun to see Burfict get trucked by Kelce after seeing him get tossed like a rag by Conner and McDonald last week.

Burfict’s problem now is that his talent doesn’t seem to be making up for his character issues anymore. Maybe he needed the PEDS and now that he’s off the juice his game is slipping. I’m not sure, but once it becomes clear to the Bengals that he’s becoming more of a liability than an asset, both the team and the fans will turn on him in a Cincinnati minute.

It’s already happening with many of the fans who still justify his behavior. They’ll tolerate a monster. But they won’t tolerate a monster who sucks.
    Well, I almost called it. It didn’t have to be Kelce in my head though. The Chiefs and I are clearly on the same page.

This is going to be a fun year for Burfict.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247spor...123642282/Amp/

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

See this is a consequence that I don’t think Burfict or the Bengals considered. Burfict is an anomaly amongst his fellow NFL players and that’s why the Steelers have no problem calling the guy out.

Burfict now has a target on his back that he put there himself, and not just for fines. Someone will “suspend” him one way or another.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Well, I almost called it. It didn’t have to be Kelce in my head though. The Chiefs and I are clearly on the same page.

Burfict flopped.

Wylie barely even touched him.

Same thing a few plays later (with Fisher).

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    My favorite Bengals fan comment was about how AB would be “nothing” without his speed.

Uh, yea. And...???

In related news, Aaron Rodgers would be merely average if he couldn’t throw the football so well.

Yeah, Bengals' fans aren't exactly known for their intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Refs should also be held accountable for looking the other way
    This, too. We should have seen all kinds of flags flying for those hits.

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Haha! What Butch said upthread. Goodell is a joke.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

lol i did laugh when he tried to spear conner, but conner made him his bitch and shrugged him off. wrap up next time son

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

There should’ve been a penalty on Burfict there for faking it. That was an NBA Style Flop there. No possible way he got hurt as a result of that “hit”. I would HARDLY call that being “laid out”. What JuJu did to him was being laid out.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Gotta be careful with your flopping technique, Vontaze! You might fall down and hurt yourself

I also hope the NFL noticed that blatant attempt to twist Spencer Ware's ankle.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Unbelievable. I wouldn’t say that’s as bad as when he tried to twist Bell up...but still...

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

They were talking about him on SNF last night and said the league said this is basically the final straw. Another incident and it's and indefinite suspension. I'll believe that when I see it.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    They were talking about him on SNF last night and said the league said this is basically the final straw. Another incident and it's and indefinite suspension. I'll believe that when I see it.
    In the SNF segment Mike Florio said the league did not suspend Burfict for reasons including not wanting to risk losing an appeal of the suspension - can't lose the appeal if you do not impose a suspension to appeal - brilliant!

Another PR battle lost for Goodell - frontrunner Peter King says the league office blew it

The NFL needed to have some stones about Burfict. Fining him half a game check, $122,000, is a slap on the wrist for what appeared to be a deliberate intent to injure when Burfict elbowed a defenseless Brown in the head. The NFL thinks it can puff its chest out and say, We fined the guy $122,000. We sent a warning shot across the bow here. Nonsense. Nothing gets through to Burfict. He’s a serial cheap-shot artist....

So who’s next? Who gets the next Burfict cheap shot? The blood of the next egregious hit by Burfict will be on the hands of the league office.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...?cid=nbcsports

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

The media has picked up on it.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...vVx?li=BBnb7Kz

Let's see if the league backs up their threat.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    The media has picked up on it.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...vVx?li=BBnb7Kz

Let's see if the league backs up their threat.
    another trick of this mental case. He did this on Cam Newton a few years ago. The nfl is as corrupt as burfict

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

So, Juju gets suspended for a first time offense but this clown gets a warning as a multiple time offender. MULTIPLE.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

He he wasn’t “laid out.” I didn’t see the clip until later. But I read the Burfict left the game with some injury. I thought perhaps was connected to Chiefs player doing something to him but I could be wrong.

Still, I think he’s hated and will continue to get abused throughout the season.

Wait...at what point did Burfict leave the game? Did he fake an injury to miss half the game because he lost half a game check in fines??

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    So, Juju gets suspended for a first time offense but this clown gets a warning as a multiple time offender. MULTIPLE.

Correct.

This is the 45,857th cheap shot by Burfict.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

He he wasn’t “laid out.” I didn’t see the clip until later. But I read the Burfict left the game with some injury. I thought perhaps was connected to Chiefs player doing something to him but I could be wrong.

Still, I think he’s hated and will continue to get abused throughout the season.
    His injury was bullshit, he really appeared to be faking it. He came in and tried to tackle of Chief who ran him over, then he got up and tried to tackle him again and missed. Then he limped off the field. The replay shows nothing happening to him. The guy is a total POS.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    His injury was bullshit, he really appeared to be faking it. He came in and tried to tackle of Chief who ran him over, then he got up and tried to tackle him again and missed. Then he limped off the field. The replay shows nothing happening to him. The guy is a total POS.
    He’s a total POS, agreed, but it’s not like him to want out of a game. I remember him getting hurt against us several times and throwing a fit on the sidelines to come back in.

He’s got a major screw loose and it’s hard to totally understand what happens to him when he hits the football field. He tries to injur people... I believe it’s intentional but not CALCULATED in any kind of personally advantageous football way.

Now maybe he’s changed and suddenly realizes he can’t compete like he used to or something... but it would be a very new kind of crazy for him to fake an injury in order to not play.

I see objectively that he’s slipping and isn’t nearly as good this year as he once was... but it’s still really hard for me to think he believes anything other than that his own greatness and desire to play.

I don’t see him as being that self aware. I could be wrong. He’s hard to totally figure out on his best day.

I read it was a hip injury but I didn’t see it happen. I believe he could have gotten up through adrenaline alone and didn’t feel the injury completely until after the play. He could have gotten the actual injury on an earlier play and played through it until landing in the hip again.

Either way, I just think it’s funny that he’s getting abused out there. He isn’t intimidating anyone and he isn’t really hurting anyone but himself and his own team no matter how hard he’s trying to be a dirty player.

He’s a total POS, agreed, but it’s not like him to want out of a game. I remember him getting hurt against us several times and throwing a fit on the sidelines to come back in.

He’s got a major screw loose and it’s hard to totally understand what happens to him when he hits the football field. He tries to injur people... I believe it’s intentional but not CALCULATED in any kind of personally advantageous football way.

Now maybe he’s changed and suddenly realizes he can’t compete like he used to or something... but it would be a very new kind of crazy for him to fake an injury in order to not play.

I see objectively that he’s slipping and isn’t nearly as good this year as he once was... but it’s still really hard for me to think he believes anything other than that his own greatness and desire to play.

I don’t see him as being that self aware. I could be wrong. He’s hard to totally figure out on his best day.
    But it is like him to muster as much sympathy as possible, injury or otherwise if he knows the nfl is looking at his ankle twisting tackles against KC

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Burfict left the field during the 3rd quarter. They showed him "limping" back to the locker room.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

The rumor (conspiracy theory) out there is that the NFL is giving Burfict enough rope to hang himself. They didn’t think that a suspension would have held up; so, they want him to play, so that he has one more infraction... and then, the NFL will give Burfict an indefinite ban.

The problem is: whose career will be sacrificed?

If Burfict twists Brees’s ankle...

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

The rumor (conspiracy theory) out there is that the NFL is giving Burfict enough rope to hang himself. They didn’t think that a suspension would have held up; so, they want him to play, so that he has one more infraction... and then, the NFL will give Burfict an indefinite ban.

Any injury that Burfict inflicts upon another player with his next cheap shot is completely on the NFL for not doing something more drastic, much earlier in his career.

Let's hope nobody gets hurt badly.

It will happen. It is only a matter of when.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

I was thinking the same thing.. I'd like to think this was his final warning and next time he'll get the suspension he deserves

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Any injury that Burfict inflicts upon another player with his next cheap shot is completely on the NFL for not doing something more drastic, much earlier in his career.

Let's hope nobody gets hurt badly.

It will happen. It is only a matter of when.
    If I were that player that got hurt by cheap shot I'd likely sue the league for letting the menace run around causing intentional injuries all while the league looks the other way
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    If I were that player that got hurt by cheap shot I'd likely sue the league for letting the menace run around causing intentional injuries all while the league looks the other way
    Or tell that joke of a union that the NFLPA represents the player(s) Burfict has attempted to injure as well as Burfict and that the NFLPA should exercise some discretion in deciding which fines/suspensions it should appeal rather than just file a knee jerk appeal of any fine/suspension when Burfict or any other player wants it to be appealed