Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burfict Fined $112K/No Suspension

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Burfict Fined $112K/No Suspension

Last edited by AtlantaDan; 10-20-2018 at 05:22 PM.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: Burfict Fined $112K/No Suspension

$112K is significant. I would have liked a suspension and it should've happened, but that's still a lot of $.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

He lost half his income from that one game for intentionally trying to injure multiple players. Not much... but since I was expecting the league to ignore it, I suppose it's better than nothing.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    $112K is significant. I would have liked a suspension and it should've happened, but that's still a lot of $.
    Seems like he is willing to pay the fines, which only hurt him. This is Burfict's rap sheet (suspensions list games suspended and salary lost due to suspension)

10/20/2018 $112,000 Unnecessary roughness hits vs. Steelers
    03/16/2018 4 games $1,839,362 PED policy violation
    10/27/2017 $12,154 Unsportsmanlike Conduct, kicking
    08/28/2017 3 games $1,400,469 Illegal hit on Anthony Sherman
    11/25/2016 $12,154 Unsportsmanlike Conduct, obscene gesture at fans
    10/19/2016 $75,000 Unsportsmanlike Conduct, stepping on a player
    04/01/2016 3 games $502,941 Hit to a defenseless receiver
    01/11/2016 $50,000 Late hit
    12/18/2015 $69,454 Unsportsmanlike Conduct, various
    10/15/2014 $25,000 Ankle-Twisting
    11/01/2013 $21,000 Spearing
    09/27/2013 $21,000 Hit to a defenseless receiver
    09/27/2013 $10,000 Striking player in groin
    10 total $4,150,534 total
    https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/201...nsion-history/
    https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinna...t-10100/fines/

If the fine is supposed to deter future conduct questionable how this will change anything.

Taking him off the field hits the team and arguably might give Lewis, owner Mike Brown, or his teammates the motivation to try to get Burfict to quit. Of course that did not work after he was suspended for three games in 2017 after hitting a Chiefs receiver and three games for the AB playoff hit.

FWIW this hit in 2017 got Burfict a proposed 5 game suspension reduced to three

But no suspension for the AB hit last Sunday

And this is the Conner hit to the head that was cited in imposing the penalty - Burfict did not even try to wrap Conner up first

https://steelersdepot.com/2018/10/vontaze-burfict-slapped-with-112k-fine-for-hits-on-brown-conner/

Last edited by AtlantaDan; 10-20-2018 at 05:34 PM.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

FUBAR
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="bendsteel is a splendid one to behold">

I hope everyone realizes that while this fine is deducted from his check, he will not pay a penny of that fine. Ownership will "take care of it" and everyone knows it. They LOVE this!

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Suspended for 10 games and fined for $4.1 million overall and he still doesn't get it. He's pure evil.

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

This will change his on field behavior for sure.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

We'll just have to see how the rest of the season plays out. If he feels like headhunting in Pittsburgh, then it's time for the players to lay down the law. If it winds up costing us fines and suspensions, then so be it.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    We'll just have to see how the rest of the season plays out. If he feels like headhunting in Pittsburgh, then it's time for the players to lay down the law. If it winds up costing us fines and suspensions, then so be it.
    Maybe he will hang out at Tequila Cowboy after the game and the fans will take care of business.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

At what point does a player get suspended based on the fact he puts the other players in the league in jeopardy of their career and lives??

Goddell is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Suspensions aren't getting through to him either. He should be ejected from the League and never be permitted to play the game again.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    Suspensions aren't getting through to him either. He should be ejected from the League and never be permitted to play the game again.
    Exactly and not just him but ndamukong suh as well.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    It's not significant to this moron. He doesn't care about fines when he steps on the football field, there is a real evil perversion of hurting people in his head. He should be issued a straight jacket and taken to the dump. Take Roger with him.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Lol. It’s funny that most of them hate Burfict.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    JuJu took care of business last year. Let’s do it right and send in a backup to take him out.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Joke league office and joke league "commissioner".

Goodhell blah blah blah player safety. Blah blah blah. I don't want to hear it anymore. Enough w/this clown as commissioner.

Burfuk is a disgrace.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Burfict isn’t exactly a fan favorite in KC. He was suspended for a hit on a Chief once.

It will be fun to see Burfict get trucked by Kelce after seeing him get tossed like a rag by Conner and McDonald last week.

Burfict’s problem now is that his talent doesn’t seem to be making up for his character issues anymore. Maybe he needed the PEDS and now that he’s off the juice his game is slipping. I’m not sure, but once it becomes clear to the Bengals that he’s becoming more of a liability than an asset, both the team and the fans will turn on him in a Cincinnati minute.

It’s already happening with many of the fans who still justify his behavior. They’ll tolerate a monster. But they won’t tolerate a monster who sucks.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

My favorite Bengals fan comment was about how AB would be “nothing” without his speed.

Uh, yea. And...???

In related news, Aaron Rodgers would be merely average if he couldn’t throw the football so well.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Refs should also be held accountable for looking the other way

Senior Member Array title="bendsteel is a splendid one to behold">

Hey Vontaz! Yo mama look like Terrell Suggs, but she fatter.....lol. Just tryin to get him riled up for the KC game.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Apparently, the only people that fail to recognize psychopathic tendencies are Bengals fans.....

What's the over/under on Burfict getting ejected tonight....

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

The"concrete cobbler" Array title="cold-hard-steel has a brilliant future"> cold-hard-steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    Burfict isn’t exactly a fan favorite in KC. He was suspended for a hit on a Chief once.

It will be fun to see Burfict get trucked by Kelce after seeing him get tossed like a rag by Conner and McDonald last week.

Burfict’s problem now is that his talent doesn’t seem to be making up for his character issues anymore. Maybe he needed the PEDS and now that he’s off the juice his game is slipping. I’m not sure, but once it becomes clear to the Bengals that he’s becoming more of a liability than an asset, both the team and the fans will turn on him in a Cincinnati minute.

It’s already happening with many of the fans who still justify his behavior. They’ll tolerate a monster. But they won’t tolerate a monster who sucks.
    How long is a "Cincinnati minute"? About the 5 seconds it takes for AB to grab a quick dump-off pass and score the winning TD?

- - - Updated - - -

Sakrete hydraulic is the answer. Just 2 bags fit all sizes.
    Two bags are guarenteed to fit all sizes ,or your money back. If you are not completely satisfied call 1-800-GOO-DHELL We show 5 bags to choose from,most problems only need 2 bags .

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    And we mean it this time!!!
    And if this doesn't work we will give you another good stern talking to, just ask Suh.

What a JOKE Go to hell and his henchmen are

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    My favorite Bengals fan comment was about how AB would be “nothing” without his speed.

Uh, yea. And...???

In related news, Aaron Rodgers would be merely average if he couldn’t throw the football so well.
    ABs “speed” is probably his biggest weakness...lol.

Bengals owner joins with Marvin Lewis in enabling Burfict's behavior

Per a league source, Bengals owner Mike Brown expressed to the league office in very specific and pointed terms his strenuous objection to the decision to punish Burfict in any way for lowering his helmet to hit Steelers running back James Conner and for putting a forearm in the helmet of Steelers receiver Antonio Brown.

Brown called the fine unfair and excessive, and he accused the league of improperly imposing discipline in situations where no fouls were called. (Neither infraction drew a flag.)

The Bengals owner also said that he has a significant disagreement with the league office on making the game safer, and that he believes the league’s current approach hurts the game and makes it less attractive to fans.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-burfict-fine/

No surprise - just confirmation that Burfict will continue to do this for reasons including his head coach and owner supporting his misconduct

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

This is pure entertainment. Hopefully the bungholes never change. As long as Brown is owner and Lewis is coach the bungholes will always be the bungholes, and as long as Birthdefect and Kirkpatrick is on the team they will always tear down whatever motivation the team is trying to build up. All you have to do is sit back and watch them do some asinine, unprofessional antic. And you know that player's from other teams know you can pull their strings and set them off.....LOL....what fun, and the bunghole organization and fan base is just too stupid to see it.....hahahaha

Brown called the fine unfair and excessive, and he accused the league of improperly imposing discipline in situations where no fouls were called.

I wonder if they'll fine him for criticizing like they did Tomlin...