Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Patrick Peterson (All Pro CB) to the Steelers...???

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Re: Patrick Peterson (All Pro CB) to the Steelers...???

Looks like the Eagles & Pats are sniffing per ESPN

http://www.espn.com/blog/philadelphi...for-the-eagles

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

I hate those rat bastards.. Watch them fucking cheats pull off a deal and win another super bowl

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Patrick Peterson (All Pro CB) to the Steelers...???

Quote Originally Posted by Hound View Post
    Bucs gave a 1st and a 4th for Revis
    He cane with an island though. I’d easily give that for Peterson with Artie thrown in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Patrick Peterson (All Pro CB) to the Steelers...???

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Looks like the Eagles & Pats are sniffing per ESPN

http://www.espn.com/blog/philadelphi...for-the-eagles
    I’d be willing to bet both of those teams would probably get him for less that the asking price. They always do. Steelers should just buck up and pay asking price. If Peterson does get moved and the Steelers weren’t close, it’s another “loss” in the season.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I’d be willing to bet both of those teams would probably get him for less that the asking price. They always do. Steelers should just buck up and pay asking price. If Peterson does get moved and the Steelers weren’t close, it’s another “loss” in the season.
    Who needs Peterson when you have Burns.

Senior Member Array title="ShoeHorn will become famous soon enough"> ShoeHorn's Avatar

If he ends up going to the friggen cheats, the collective eyeroll of Steeer Nation will be palpable

Senior Member Array title="Hound is a jewel in the rough">

Per nfl rumor mill, Steelers, Eagles and patriots are looking at Gareon Conley and Janoris Jenkins

Touché

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Torched
    FTFY

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Per nfl rumor mill, Steelers, Eagles and patriots are looking at Gareon Conley and Janoris Jenkins
    I'll pass on Jenkins and his contract. Seems like an easy name to throw out there since the Giants are in sale mode.

Conley is an interesting name. First round pick last year that played next to Marshon Lattimore at OSU and from what I remember he almost looked as good. Guess he has not put it together for the Raiders but that goes for the entire team.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    I'll pass on Jenkins and his contract. Seems like an easy name to throw out there since the Giants are in sale mode.

Conley is an interesting name. First round pick last year that played next to Marshon Lattimore at OSU and from what I remember he almost looked as good. Guess he has not put it together for the Raiders but that goes for the entire team.
    If I recall, he had a rape allegation right before the draft that dropped his stock.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Jenkins ... meh

Conley ... eh

Peterson ... I’d sell a body part to acquire him!!!

Senior Member Array title="ShoeHorn will become famous soon enough"> ShoeHorn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Jenkins ... meh

Conley ... eh

Peterson ... I’d sell a body part to acquire him!!!
    Any of them are an improvement over that hack Burns.... but yea, Peterson, man that would be HUGE!!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Hard pass on Jenkins, he seems like he's on the downswing

Hard pass for Conley, he'll be shit on this coaching staff and with Butler as DC. Plus this team really doesn't need another Boykin/Gilbert

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

i don't know Peterson, but if what yinz say about him is true, I would love to see us work out getting him and then let Bell walk, it's a win-win. Bell gets to play the rest of the season with a team that wants him and we get better on D. We get a quality player and get rid of the drama that is Bell, team gets a ton better and all sides walk away feeling good. I hope and pray the Steelers find a way to make it happen.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

First time I've seen the Steelers mentioned..............just not for Peterson....

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Bucs gave a 1st and a 4th for Revis
    DONE! Outside of Shazier our track record of using #1 picks on defense has sucked for the 10 years Tomlin has been here.

I would be in on Jenkins, but not at his current contract. Also rumors of Chris Harris being shopped by the broncos. Harris reminds me of Hayden, can cover everyone well but AB

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    DONE! Outside of Shazier our track record of using #1 picks on defense has sucked for the 10 years Tomlin has been here.
    Wait, what? Going back to Tomlin's first pick (which was 11 years ago rather than 10), There's Timmons, Hood, Heyward, Jones, Shazier, Dupree, Burns, Watt, and Edmunds in the first round. Timmons, Heyward, Shazier, and Watt were all hits. Edmunds is too early to tell. So, that's a fifty percent success rate while never drafting higher than the fifteenth overall pick.

And, believe it or not, 50 percent means a team is successful in their first round picks. That is, 1 out of every 2 drafted players in the first round usually are good drafts. If I recall correctly, that moves to 1-3 for the second and third rounds, and then it goes down hill from there. So, no. Tomlin and co. are actually right on target for drafts. Our problem is that we've seen so many misses in one position. LB. And, it's hurt us.

EDIT: Perhaps the first (and only?) Madden article I've ever agreed with. https://triblive.com/sports/steelers...houldnt-anyway
    Last edited by Craic; 10-24-2018 at 08:23 AM.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post

Price to high for everyone?

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Price to high for everyone?

Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

There are still possible trades out there for the Steelers. I wouldn’t be opposed to seeing what the Raiders want for Conley or what the Cardinals want for Reddick.

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    He will wind up in NE...lol

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

He will wind up in NE...lol
    Yep

And with the next thought, you realize that could be the next Timmons, Pouncy, Heyward, Castro, Shazier, or T. J. Watt. And suddenly, you realize you're trading in 10-12 years for 4-6 with a high cap rate to go along with it.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

The steelers have success in the drafts for offensive players (I not talk only for the first round) but in the last couple years, our drafts for the defensive players except for Shazier have been bad for most of the time.

I mean, just looking at the current roster, only 3 players on offense were a first round pick by the steelers (Ben, Pouncey and Decastro) but they were our best unit in the last 5 years, even if our last 6 first round pick have been in defense ....

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    And with the next thought, you realize that could be the next Timmons, Pouncy, Heyward, Castro, Shazier, or T. J. Watt. And suddenly, you realize you're trading in 10-12 years for 4-6 with a high cap rate to go along with it.
    have to think about windows too ( not microsoft ones ) but Ben's ...

what is a championship ( or maybe 2 worth ) ?

Beyond ben we have 2 young guys that may battle to the death over who starts post Ben but at this point we do not know if they are the future or not so is the window still open for the team or was it slammed shut the day ben walks away ?

do you risk it or do you maximize your chances now with a proven QB under center ... lets not forget AB has a window that is rarely spoken of that isn't that far behind bens based on the pos he plays ....
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Or it could be a Bell type situation.

I’d take the high chance at a Super Bowl now than a 10-12 year gamble with Whomever that is and Mason Rudolph.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

have to think about windows too ( not microsoft ones ) but Ben's ...

what is a championship ( or maybe 2 worth ) ?

Beyond ben we have 2 young guys that may battle to the death over who starts post Ben but at this point we do not know if they are the future or not so is the window still open for the team or was it slammed shut the day ben walks away ?

do you risk it or do you maximize your chances now with a proven QB under center ... lets not forget AB has a window that is rarely spoken of that isn't that far behind bens based on the pos he plays ....

For all the talk of "windows," take a look at any NFL roster - and then the same team's roster three years later, let alone four or five years. It'll be almost all different; maybe a half-dozen guys will still be there. The Steelers from 2004 through the early 2010s where we had all the same guys (on defense at least) were the extreme exception to that. Ben, AB, Heyward, Tuitt, Haden, Pouncey - pretty much all of them could be gone for one reason or another in three years.

Bottom line, the "window" is always RIGHT NOW. Assuming you are within striking distance of a title in the first place, that is. Since your Redskins, Jets, Raiders, etc., constantly make bold short-term moves thinking they are one piece away, when in reality they are several pieces away. Have to be aware of that, but I think we are in the former group, not the latter.
    See you Space Cowboy ...