Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Patrick Peterson (All Pro CB) to the Steelers...???

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Patrick Peterson (All Pro CB) to the Steelers...???

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I’ll take it as a sign of hope!!!
    Exactly

AB extending a hand... is a small, small step. But heck, it’s taken less for a player to start talking to a new team.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Yep, they would be crazy to trade a shutdown corner in his prime.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Here are three reasons that I would trade a R1 without blinking:
    1. Artie Burns
    2. Bud Dupree
    3. Jarvis Jones

So, essentially, you’d be trading a R2 for Peterson.

#donedealIMO
    Woah, what happened in the past few weeks? Not so long ago you were still touting Burns as young and improving, now he is in the lineup with the "bust perpetrators"? I get the Peterson would be a huge upgrade and I would be willing to give up a 2nd for him, but just wondering why the fall of on Burns support.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

what is the chance of them trading for peterson?

Ed Bouchette - Blutarsky, which in Animal House speak means 0.0

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201810160128

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    what is the chance of them trading for peterson?

Ed Bouchette - Blutarsky, which in Animal House speak means 0.0

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201810160128
    Which means there’s a good chance...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Maybe it is the same chance that Edmunds gets drafted?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Lol.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

The Ed Bouchette Rule: For anything and everything that Ed says... believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Woah, what happened in the past few weeks? Not so long ago you were still touting Burns as young and improving, now he is in the lineup with the "bust perpetrators"? I get the Peterson would be a huge upgrade and I would be willing to give up a 2nd for him, but just wondering why the fall of on Burns support.
    Ike Taylor lost his way, and needed most of the 2006 season to regain his composure. Similarly, I think that Burns needs to sit for a good, long while.

Maybe it’s coaching. Because, Burns is already slow; adding in a DC who make strange play calls and/or has his players routinely confused as where to line up... isn’t helping.

In the meantime, if the Steelers can acquire the best (IMO) cornerback in the NFL, I’d be 100% for it. A draft pick would be cheaper; a draft pick would be younger; but, a draft pick is not a “sure” thing. Thus, give me the already-established All Pro.

Pat Pete sent out a tweet that said:

@joehaden23 Yo

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Ike Taylor lost his way, and needed most of the 2006 season to regain his composure. Similarly, I think that Burns needs to sit for a good, long while.

Maybe it’s coaching. Because, Burns is already slow; adding in a DC who make strange play calls and/or has his players routinely confused as where to line up... isn’t helping.

In the meantime, if the Steelers can acquire the best (IMO) cornerback in the NFL, I’d be 100% for it. A draft pick would be cheaper; a draft pick would be younger; but, a draft pick is not a “sure” thing. Thus, give me the already-established All Pro.
    Not to mention, our SB window is closing, Peterson would shore up our def immediately, would help our pass rush (we either need a better rush or a better cover unit). I really wanted Mack, but this is just as good an option IMO

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Would be nice...

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Pat Pete sent out a tweet that said:

@joehaden23 Yo

I could live with Haden and Peterson as the starting corners.

It would be a tough adjustment....but I'd get over it.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I could live with Haden and Peterson as the starting corners.

It would be a tough adjustment....but I'd get over it.
    I know right, I mean damn, what would we do without Artie Burns or Cody Sensabaugh?

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    Not to mention, our SB window is closing, Peterson would shore up our def immediately, would help our pass rush (we either need a better rush or a better cover unit). I really wanted Mack, but this is just as good an option IMO

The Twitterverse is rife with people saying that Peterson “only” has three good years left. Okay. Our Super Bowl window with Ben is about that long. So... (as you agree)... why not go for broke???

Plus, as one (logical) Twitterite mentioned: “Three years of good CB play is better than zero* years.”

*(As others have asserted on here, a late-R1-round pick is not likely to become an All Pro; outliers aside, you almost need a top ten pick. Plus, while the Steelers are adept at drafting WRs, they are not nearly as good at drafting DBs.)

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    What I like is the idea of Burns sitting behind them and soaking up everything he can from them. It just might be what the young kid needs to get over the slump. Well, that or maybe sacrificing a live chicken.

“Are you sayin’ that Jesus Christ can’t intercept a football!?!”

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Word on the street (aka local sports talk radio) is he'd really like to go back to Stinky Town (aka New Orleans)

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    Word on the street (aka local sports talk radio) is he'd really like to go back to Stinky Town (aka New Orleans)
    The saints don't have a first round pick in the next draft too.

- - - Updated - - -

The Twitterverse is rife with people saying that Peterson “only” has three good years left. Okay. Our Super Bowl window with Ben is about that long. So... (as you agree)... why not go for broke???

Plus, as one (logical) Twitterite mentioned: “Three years of good CB play is better than zero* years.”

*(As others have asserted on here, a late-R1-round pick is not likely to become an All Pro; outliers aside, you almost need a top ten pick. Plus, while the Steelers are adept at drafting WRs, they are not nearly as good at drafting DBs.)
    I’m all in with three years and then retool mode. Get it done...

Anything that’s a first round pick or less should’ve been done yesterday. Amari Cooper pulls in a first round pick? Peterson or Bell should be three first round picks each...lol.

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

I think we need to try to get Peterson right now, even for a first rounder. Our window to win a Lombardi is right now, Ben probably won't play for 5 years.

With Haden and Peterson at CB we would drastically improve our Defense, and we will need it when we play the Cheats or Chiefs in January or they'll drop 40 on us.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

A first-round pick for three years of All-Pro level play sure beats the hell out of a first-round pick for four years of crappy play, and no one else gets a chance at the position because "this is finally gonna be the year it all comes together for sure."
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Good point you’re pretty much getting first round talent for 2.5 years...so really you’re giving up 2.5 years of a 5-year gamble? No brainer. If that’s the true cost, Pittsburgh should be offering that and Artie Burns.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Saints just traded for Eli Apple from the Giants, so they are most likely off the table

Good point you’re pretty much getting first round talent for 2.5 years...so really you’re giving up 2.5 years of a 5-year gamble? No brainer. If that’s the true cost, Pittsburgh should be offering that and Artie Burns.
    I think that it will cost more that a first round pick....

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

The Cardinals are purging their roster.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/c...eshape-roster/

I’d be willing to give up a LOT to pair Patrick Peterson with Joe Haden. How much? R1 & R2.

(The Eagles are the other team rumored to be interested in acquiring him.)
    YES i would give a 1st or a 2nd for him.

With Ben only have maybe 3 years left , I think I would be ok with the win now approach.

We usually whiff hard on DBs anyway so why not get a sure fire all pro for 2 3 years?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    A first-round pick for three years of All-Pro level play sure beats the hell out of a first-round pick for four years of crappy play, and no one else gets a chance at the position because "this is finally gonna be the year it all comes together for sure."

YESSSSSS THISSSSS

Senior Member Array title="Hound is a jewel in the rough">

Bucs gave a 1st and a 4th for Revis

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hound View Post
    Bucs gave a 1st and a 4th for Revis
    Coming off an ACL tear also.

a PP trade would be a huge blockbuster. Two first round picks probably get the talks started.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa