Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game Ball Wk6 @ Cincy

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Game Ball Wk6 @ Cincy

It's a very close call, but Ben gets my game ball today. He was harried, but never sacked and only off target once.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="SteeleReign is a name known to all">

Re: Game Ball Wk6 @ Cincy

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    It's a very close call, but Ben gets my game ball today. He was harried, but never sacked and only off target once.
    Game ball to the o-line by a MILE.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

More good news: Cleveland lost. We're no longer basement roomies
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Game ball to O-line, Ben, Conner, Juju, AB, Vance, Haden.

- - - Updated - - -

More good news: Cleveland lost. We're no longer basement roomies
    Bungles play at KC next week.

We have Cleveland at home

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Game Ball Wk6 @ Cincy

Game Ball: Ben. Then Conner, JuJu, AB O-Line and D-Line. Ben audibles that call to AB on the game winner. That was all him and he played very well. FORGOT: Vance McDonald...not sure how, but I did...lol.

Goats: Danny Smith Special Teams. Coaching. Tomlin botched two challenge situations. Also, Artie Burnt. Do the Steelers have the decision to make this year on picking up Burnt’s 5th year?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Game Ball - offensive line. They played flawlessly.

Goat - Cam SUtton and the defensive plan to ask him to repeatedly deal with a TE that had him outsized by like half a person. Burnett and Allen need to get ready to play so that this secondary doesn’t have to keep putting its DBs in no win situations.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Lot of game balls: Big Ben (another drive), Conner (another 100 yard multi-TD game), AB (has been starting out slow in games, but once again clutch), Vance McDonald(beastly on some catches), O-line (great game today) a season best.

Goats: Tomlin (challenge flag incompetence almost cost them), Fichtner (red-zone play-calling on that drive before Cincy took the lead was atrocious), Defense (disappearing act near the end of both halves), Special teams (those big long returns, smh), refs (Barfass gets away with another cheap shot)

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Game Ball: Ben. Then Conner, JuJu, AB O-Line and D-Line. Ben audibles that call to AB on the game winner. That was all him and he played very well.

Goats: Danny Smith Special Teams. Coaching. Tomlin botched two challenge situations.
    Don't forget Vance McDonald. He was an absolute beast. Als, I don't fault Tomlin for the challenge problems. They don't let you see the replay at visiting stadiums.

Best,
    -Slashy

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Wow Burns not mentioned as a goat. I guess people didn't want to confuse him as Greatest of All Time using the word Goat.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Don't forget Vance McDonald. He was an absolute beast. Als, I don't fault Tomlin for the challenge problems. They don't let you see the replay at visiting stadiums.

Best,
    -Slashy
    I totally forgot Vance. My Bad. I’ll add him on. I also forgot to add Burnt as my Goat.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Gameball: Ben, o-line, juju
    goat: refs for missing the Conner TD and Tomlin for calling a challenge on the wrong play (should have been a challenge on the Conner actual TD instead),

Also, not a goat, bit if we lost he would be: Haden, had two passes he should’ve picked off. This game would not be this close if he gets even one of those. Gotta make those plays against the pats and jags.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Burns should no longer see the field.

Hopefully Burnett is ready to go after the bye so Sutton can replace Burns.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Burns should no longer see the field.

Hopefully Burnett is ready to go after the bye so Sutton can replace Burns.
    Sutton isn’t anything to get excited about...lol.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Wow Burns not mentioned as a goat. I guess people didn't want to confuse him as Greatest of All Time using the word Goat.
    Burns didn’t play well,a t all. But Sutton was identified and targeted every time Cindy needed to move the chains. If he made at least 2 pass defenses, Bungles are never in position to win this game.

But if my AUnt had balls she’d be my uncle. So....both guys are simply not playing well at all right now.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Road Ben,Conner,AB,McDonald and the offensive line.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Sutton isn’t anything to get excited about...lol.
    Doubt he'll be defending the back of the end zone like Burns on the Bengals 2nd TD.

Sutton isn't perfect but he's around the receiver, I can see him getting more consistent with more playing time. Burns needs to be benched, such a dumb player.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Also, great time for a bye week. Bell should be back in the fold, not sure how that will play out because no way can you play him over Connor whom is playing like a franchise back.

As mentioned above, Burnett should return which should help the middle of the defense on passing downs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Burns didn’t play well,a t all. But Sutton was identified and targeted every time Cindy needed to move the chains. If he made at least 2 pass defenses, Bungles are never in position to win this game.

But if my AUnt had balls she’d be my uncle. So....both guys are simply not playing well at all right now.
    Not sure if “Cindy” was done on purpose but funny either way...

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Road Ben,Conner,AB,McDonald and the offensive line.

To be fair, how many backs qualify for that stat?

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Much focus on Roethlisberger's stats on the road in the last couple years, but the steelers as a team are much better on the road since last year.

9 wins in 11 games since last year on the road ..... only 7-5 at home including our playoff game.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Much focus on Roethlisberger's stats on the road in the last couple years, but the steelers as a team are much better on the road since last year.

9 wins in 11 games since last year on the road ..... only 7-5 at home including our playoff game.
    2-0-1 on the road vs 1-2 at home

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

I think Sutton sux too and haven't seen anything from him otherwise to change my opinion

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Heroes: Schuster, Conner, O-line, BR, McDonald, Haden

Goats: OLBs, Burns, Tomlin
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Game balls - Ben, Conner, O-line, JuJu, McDonald

Goats - Burns, special teams, Tomlin on challenges

This from a Cincinnati Enquirer columnist

“I knew it was over after we scored,’’ Tyler Boyd said. He hasn’t been here very long.
    “Nothing’s too big for’’ Roethlisberger, said A.J. Green, who has....
    The thought remains that the Bengals can’t beat the Steelers, and if they can’t beat the Steelers, what’s the point?

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/columnists/paul-daugherty/2018/10/14/paul-daugherty-column-pittsburgh-steelers-beating-cincinnati-bengals/1643871002/

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Game Ball: Ben. Then Conner, JuJu, AB O-Line and D-Line. Ben audibles that call to AB on the game winner. That was all him and he played very well. FORGOT: Vance McDonald...not sure how, but I did...lol.

Goats: Danny Smith Special Teams. Coaching. Tomlin botched two challenge situations. Also, Artie Burnt. Do the Steelers have the decision to make this year on picking up Burnt’s 5th year?
    The Dude is the worst Challenger in the league by a mile. Stupid ass plays by his guy instead of actual knowledge proof evidence rules .

Had to listen slash watch inline while in a long drive today. Sounds like Ben and Conner get game balls. If they could finish drives I the second half they would have been up by multiple scores

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

That’s a terribly written article.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

That’s a terribly written article.
    What do expect from a writer in Cinncy? He was probably drunk.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    What do expect from a writer in Cinncy? He was probably drunk.
    Imagine if he had been from Baltimore:

ThE SteeLeRs wiNneD tHe gAEm beCusE thE BenGals doN’t owEn Owl dOg swEAterS.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

BUTLER METER:
    10 Alfred Pennyworth
    9 J.A.R.V.I.S.
    8 Jeeves
    7 Benson
    6 Mr. Belvedere
    5 Woodhouse
    4 Coleman
    3 Lurch
    2 Riffraff
    1 Bertram (from Jessie)
    .5 Tattoo

I modified it a bit. That said, during the bye week, we need to figure out the exact rankings. (In a few days, I’ll start a thread for discussing this... since we won’t have much to talk about for a week.)

Oh... it’s only at level “Woodhouse” because, that drive at the end of the first half stole all of the momentum that the offense had just accrued. Scores are going happen, but the timing of that touchdown was awful... ergo, I dropped them a spot based solely on the timing.

Likewise, they dropped an additional spot, because they gave up the go-ahead touchdown (a stop ends the game). So, again, the timing dropped them down an entire spot.

21 points = no higher than Benson
    drop one spot for end of half
    drop one spot for end of game

The Teegre has spoken. So shall it be done