Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Burfict Elbow to AB's Head INTENTIONAL !

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Burfict Elbow to AB's Head INTENTIONAL !

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    At some point, doesn't there have to be a voice from the Bengals side that sees this whole Burfict /Lewis for what it is?
    Geno Atkins

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers...n-to-teammates

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

I get it teeg. I'm sure Atkins did say that to Heyward. But while that's all well and good, It wasn't a public statement.

This needs to be said publicly by someone close to the organization or within the organization....or it is on all of them IMO.

They have constructed a roster composed of far too many people with off the field issues....many times violent off the field issues. They have chosen to do that in an attempt to get elite talent at reduced rates. In the wrong environment, bad people that make bad decisions are going to continue to do that. Marvin Lewis is the architect of that blueprint and he creates the environment they operate in.

People like Burfict and Pacman Jones love playing for Lewis because he lets them be themselves.

Bad people being themselves shouldn't be tolerated. Not the players themselves, or the people that have created that culture and embrace over the line violence to try to win football games while putting opposing players at risk.

If the league had any integrity at all, it would be coming down on Burfict hard...and next would be the organization if it continues to happen.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I get it teeg. I'm sure Atkins did say that to Heyward. But while that's all well and good, It wasn't a public statement.

This needs to be said publicly by someone close to the organization or within the organization....or it is on all of them IMO.

They have constructed a roster composed of far too many people with off the field issues....many times violent off the field issues. They have chosen to do that in an attempt to get elite talent at reduced rates. In the wrong environment, bad people that make bad decisions are going to continue to do that. Marvin Lewis is the architect of that blueprint and he creates the environment they operate in.

People like Burfict and Pacman Jones love playing for Lewis because he lets them be themselves.

Bad people being themselves shouldn't be tolerated. Not the players themselves, or the people that have created that culture and embrace over the line violence to try to win football games while putting opposing players at risk.

If the league had any integrity at all, it would be coming down on Burfict hard...and next would be the organization if it continues to happen.
    Good post!
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

So it is Friday evening and no announcement of even a fine against Burfict (after TJ Watt was popped for $20K for brushing against Matt Ryan)

Maybe Burfict has been placed on double secret probation

Fuck the NFL and its pious bullshit about “player safety”

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    This.

Time for a little player justice...

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    So it is Friday evening and no announcement of even a fine against Burfict (after TJ Watt was popped for $20K for brushing against Matt Ryan)

Maybe Burfict has been placed on double secret probation

Once a long time ago the raiders moved their team out of oakland despite the NFL. They were highly penalized

Not so long ago the Steelers were the only team to vote against the CBA because it gave go to hell to much power. hmmmm Didn't see this coming.

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Bill O Brien and Vance Joseph probably have something to say about that, so does Dirk Koetter
    Yeah, but Marvin Lewis is the only one who managed to stay HC for such a long time.

Hue Jackson might eventually, too (since if Cleveland wins like 5 games they probably will think of it as enough of an improvement). Vance Joseph and Dirk Koetter probably are gone in less than a year. On Bill O'Brien I would disagree. He went 9-7 three years in a row (reaching the playoffs in two of them) with really bad QBs. Last year they lost Deshaun Watson (who I think is really good) and then had even worse QBs.

Senior Member Array title="bendsteel is a splendid one to behold">

I am not sure how tall Roger Dodger is, but I did not know that one could pile human excrement that high!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

So no word at all...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

If I'm AR2 I'd make a public statement calling out the NFL for its hypocritical BS and take the fine. When are any of these chicken shit owners going to speak up? Ah, the money they get from daddy Roger. Rooney is just as bad as the rest. You have the best wr in the game, paying him millions and say nothing about a dirtbag trying to take him out. BS SCAM!

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Am I correct that Burfict has shown and vocalized intent to harm and is not currently being reprimanded or terminated by the NFL.

If so, if somebody is severely injured or killed by Burfict can they sue the NFL or Roger Goodell for negligence?

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    Am I correct that Burfict has shown and vocalized intent to harm and is not being reprimanded by the NFL.

If so, if somebody is severely injured by Burfict can they sue the NFL or Roger goodell for negligence?
    They should be permitted to sue the NFL and owner. This the biggest absurdity and contradiction I have ever seen. I don't buy the BS as some say, maybe Rooney is privately submitting a beef to the nfl. Burfict, on national TV has used that same move on many players. He did it publicly, the nfl did nothing, its Rooneys duty to publicly speak against. It's not going to be long before I stop watching this disgusting shit. Its as bad as politics in this country.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

It's a shame Burfict is breathing the same oxygen that we are. He could get hit by a bus tomorrow and I would say karma prevailed.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

$112,000 fine. No suspension.

Senior Member Array title="bendsteel is a splendid one to behold">

JOKE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    $112,000 fine. No suspension.
    NFL BS

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Think he should have gotten a suspension, but a $112K fine is better than the nothing I thought he'd get by with.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Think he should have gotten a suspension, but a $112K fine is better than the nothing I thought he'd get by with.
    He should have been suspended Gary.

I am shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post

This guy doesn't care about football fines when he's on the field, he's proven that over and over. Maybe him kill or putting some one in a wheelchair is what its going to take. Sue Roger for everything including his socks.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    This guy doesn't care about football fines when he's on the field, he's proven that over and over. Maybe him kill or putting some one in a wheelchair is what its going to take. Sue Roger for everything including his socks.

Unfortunately, I think that's exactly what it is going to take. He should have been ejected from the League by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    Unfortunately, I think that's exactly what it is going to take. He should have been ejected from the League by now.
    Agree. If Goddell cared about player safety, this would be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Agree. If Goddell cared about player safety, this would be the case.
    Goddell is just as big of a dirt bag as Burfict, he just hides it all behind his plactic appearence.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by j-d-s View Post
    Yeah, but Marvin Lewis is the only one who managed to stay HC for such a long time.

Hue Jackson might eventually, too (since if Cleveland wins like 5 games they probably will think of it as enough of an improvement). Vance Joseph and Dirk Koetter probably are gone in less than a year. On Bill O'Brien I would disagree. He went 9-7 three years in a row (reaching the playoffs in two of them) with really bad QBs. Last year they lost Deshaun Watson (who I think is really good) and then had even worse QBs.
    Bill O Brien only made the playoffs in incredibly weak AFC Souths. He has had talented players and only won divisions by default/other QBs in his division getting injured. Now with a lot of talented players, his team is underperforming in a division with no one with a winning record. He's part of the reason I never bought the Texans as a Super Bowl contender despite the talent he has had

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Burfict look like he got hurt bad by his own doing. Don't know if he was faking it like always but look kinda bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyhow was good to see Cinci get a beat down and as always bunch of pretenders!

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I’ve already told this story a million times... so, here goes a million & one.

2003 MNF Steelers @ Bucanners

Warren Sapp cheap shots Tommy Maddox. Sapp is talking all kinds of crazy sh!t, taunting Maddox... who gets up and lines up for the next play.

At the snap, Marvel Smith hooks Sapp under his right armpit while Alan Faneca hooks Sapp under his left armpit. Bettis runs right at Sapp. Right. At. Him. Sapp realizes what’s about to happen, and goes limp... falling to the ground (saving his knees/career).

Sapp jumps up, runs over to Maddox and extends his hand. Maddox stares at Sapp, and turns away. Sapp taps Maddox on the shoulder, and once again extends his hand... while looking at the Steelers O-line. Maddox shakes Sapp’s hand and nods to his O-line.

That is classic.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood