Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Burfict Elbow to AB's Head INTENTIONAL !

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Re: Burfict Elbow to AB's Head INTENTIONAL !

I don't understand how no one in the media even mentioned this cheap AZZ dirty hit by Burfict!!! When James Harrison played is was always fined for just looking at certain players!

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Mike Florio:Vontaze Burfict needs to go, for good

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...o-go-for-good/

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Mike Florio:Vontaze Burfict needs to go, for good

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...o-go-for-good/
    Thanks for the link. Money quote from the linked Florio article

So why wasn’t he suspended? One possibility is that, with everything otherwise going so smoothly this year for the NFL, the league office opted not to undermine the upswing in scoring and ratings (and eventually revenue) by making a strong public statement about Burfict being a bad guy. With the league’s owners gathering on Tuesday for a quarterly meeting, the topic could/would have created plenty of sound bites regarding the unacceptability of the headhunting in which Burfict seemed to be engaged, drawing even more attention to the lingering dark underbelly of the game.

This video compilation of Burfict's serial misconduct sums it up well

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Time for the players to mete out their own brand of justice. I would never ask for a player to be injured on purpose. What I'm saying is a 'come to Jesus' meeting in the form of FBs and/or TEs leading the way right at him for an entire game. OR until he takes himself out due to swollen nutsack syndrome.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Kirkpatrick when fighting with JUJU early in the game tried slamming his helmet into Juju but whiff also. This team will always be scum as long as Lewis is coach.

Senior Member Array title="bendsteel is a splendid one to behold">

Honestly, I would love to know how/where to send a message that Fuckbag Goodell would/could actually read himself. I am pretty good with words and I would love to describe to him in detail how badly I wish mouth cancer upon him. I pray nightly that his wife and kids desert him to take up with Vontaz. I would go on the describe the ways in which Birthdefect will service his wife starting with a forearm shiver just to calm her down. There are very few people I wish would decide to suck on the business end of a glock, but Rodger Goodell is a person that I pray will soon off himself. But, hey, I am not bitter or pissed at all!

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Time for the players to mete out their own brand of justice. I would never ask for a player to be injured on purpose. What I'm saying is a 'come to Jesus' meeting in the form of FBs and/or TEs leading the way right at him for an entire game. OR until he takes himself out due to swollen nutsack syndrome.
    Steelers did not retaliate on Sunday, which I thought was smart football. But if the league does nothing significant, Gerry Dulac of the P-G seems to think the players will.

Although the Steelers did a good job of not being baited into retaliating against Burfict on Sunday, if the league takes no significant action for his latest assault are the players simply going to let bygones be bygones during the next Bengals game on December 30?
    Gerry Dulac: Quite the opposite. The offensive players are tired of his act and can't believe the league does nothing by fine him. If anything, it will keep boiling and boiling until someone really goes after him.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201810170110

My money is on DeCastro, who has tangled with Burfict in the past and had some salty comments this week about the situation

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

How does Marvin Lewis not get more blame placed at his feet for this? Pretty simple that Burfict and Kirkpatrick will continue to play this way until Lewis reigns them in. Not hard to do either. Have some Skippy the Intern quality control coach put together a tape of Burfict's plays each game and then if he keeps doing dirty, sit him down. Conduct detrimental to the team and what-not.

Since he is a gutless coward with almost infinite job security, he won't. And Burfict will continue to play this way because every coach he has ever had at every level has bent over backwards to excuse, explain, and sweep away his behavior in order to keep him on the field because underneath it all, the guy can flat-out play.

Unfortunately both Lewis and the NFL lack the backbone to do anything.

I KNOW that it will do absolutely ZERO, but I sent this email to Roger Dodger today. If for no other reason, just the cathartic yummy good feeling inside that I get from berating an obvious asshole.

As a 40 year fan of the NFL, I have been a little disheartened to see the game change the way it has. With that said, I too am all for player safety. If it takes some rule changes to temper the violence and subsequent injuries, then so be it. Here is where there is a serious problem with the hypocrisy displayed by the league and Roger Goodell in particular. His name is Vontaz Burfect. Here is a man that is hunting, targeting players and doing so blatantly. Now, I know that Marv Lewis is a perennial loser coach and he allows, if not encourages this behavior. The film is out there for all to see. If the league does not stop this it will continue because the Coach Marv LOVES it! My most honest opinion is that this is FIRST about money and then a little player safety thrown in for good measure. If you, Roger, look at the film of Birthdefect and do not see it....you are blind OR do not know the rules yourself. This man will paralyze somebody someday, probably sooner than later. I believe that being the hypocrite and liar that you are, and have always been, Roger, you will spin this away. Shame on you and I CANNOT wait until you are gone! I pray each night that you are gone tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    How does Marvin Lewis not get more blame placed at his feet for this?
    He is getting it.

Much to my surprise the Burfict story is getting some legs in national coverage even though the usual cheerleaders like ESPN (which is trying to get back in Roger's good graces) and Peter King want no part of it.

Good article by Robert Klemko at SI.com linked below

How did we get here, in the age of ‘player safety’?...

Glad you asked. First, you have to have a completely unrepentant human who lives in his own reality and has no problem maiming others for the purposes of winning a football game, or, in the case where he costs his team yards and points, simply exerting his will. That's Burfict....

Also, you’ve got to have a head coach who coddles the player and defends him at every turn. Enter Marvin Lewis, the Bengals coach with unfathomable job security....

Next, you need to have a weak locker room culture with no vocal leadership. Winning locker rooms with established vets typically police themselves before coaches ever get wind of an issue, but the Bengals are way beyond that point with Burfict....

We’re on our way, but we’re not done....

Integral to the Burfict nightmare is the NFLPA, which is contractually obligated to represent players in appeals for fines and suspensions, if the player chooses....

That Burfict won’t face suspension for his actions on Sunday, as reported, and will likely suit up this Sunday against the Chiefs and their offensive huddle chock-full of rising stars, is simply mystifying

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/10/17/vo...s-violent-play

Perfect! From SI no less. Not my cup of tea, but a big player nonetheless.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    He is getting it.

Much to my surprise the Burfict story is getting some legs in national coverage even though the usual cheerleaders like ESPN (which is trying to get back in Roger's good graces) and Peter King want no part of it.

Good article by Robert Klemko at SI.com linked below

How did we get here, in the age of ‘player safety’?...

Glad you asked. First, you have to have a completely unrepentant human who lives in his own reality and has no problem maiming others for the purposes of winning a football game, or, in the case where he costs his team yards and points, simply exerting his will. That's Burfict....

Also, you’ve got to have a head coach who coddles the player and defends him at every turn. Enter Marvin Lewis, the Bengals coach with unfathomable job security....

Next, you need to have a weak locker room culture with no vocal leadership. Winning locker rooms with established vets typically police themselves before coaches ever get wind of an issue, but the Bengals are way beyond that point with Burfict....

We’re on our way, but we’re not done....

Integral to the Burfict nightmare is the NFLPA, which is contractually obligated to represent players in appeals for fines and suspensions, if the player chooses....

That Burfict won’t face suspension for his actions on Sunday, as reported, and will likely suit up this Sunday against the Chiefs and their offensive huddle chock-full of rising stars, is simply mystifying

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/10/17/vo...s-violent-play

Glad to see this finally getting serious attention. Good summary of the main issues.

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    You’re a better man than me.
    Burfict is the exception to ”never asking for a player to be injured.”
    He’s earned it.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Steelers did not retaliate on Sunday, which I thought was smart football. But if the league does nothing significant, Gerry Dulac of the P-G seems to think the players will.

Although the Steelers did a good job of not being baited into retaliating against Burfict on Sunday, if the league takes no significant action for his latest assault are the players simply going to let bygones be bygones during the next Bengals game on December 30?
    Gerry Dulac: Quite the opposite. The offensive players are tired of his act and can't believe the league does nothing by fine him. If anything, it will keep boiling and boiling until someone really goes after him.

My money is on DeCastro, who has tangled with Burfict in the past and had some salty comments this week about the situation
    They didn’t overtly retaliate, but they sure did with their play. To the point where he went over to the bench and pouted after Vance ran over him. As someone else said, within a year of his leaving football, he will either be in prison or dead.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Joe Thomas ripped Burfict (on Wingo & Golic). Bengals fans responded by trashing Joe Thomas. #ofcourse

BengalGirl5150 claims that her boyfriend played football in high school, and thus, she knows more than Joe Thomas. I joke about the name, but some Bengals fan actually said that he knew more about football than Joe Thomas (citing his high school days). That’s... so typical of Bengals fans.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Problem is: if they are in playoff contention, they are at risk of jeopardizing playoff hopes if they get suspended for an amount of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    How does Marvin Lewis not get more blame placed at his feet for this? Pretty simple that Burfict and Kirkpatrick will continue to play this way until Lewis reigns them in. Not hard to do either. Have some Skippy the Intern quality control coach put together a tape of Burfict's plays each game and then if he keeps doing dirty, sit him down. Conduct detrimental to the team and what-not.

Since he is a gutless coward with almost infinite job security, he won't. And Burfict will continue to play this way because every coach he has ever had at every level has bent over backwards to excuse, explain, and sweep away his behavior in order to keep him on the field because underneath it all, the guy can flat-out play.

Unfortunately both Lewis and the NFL lack the backbone to do anything.
    Lewis turns a blind eye to all of it. The fact that he claims he doesn’t know this is happening is concerning that he either doesn’t watch film or just doesn’t care what his team does on the field and as a head coach, it’s probably something he should be aware of. He promotes and condones it. He should be fined as well.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Joe Thomas ripped Burfict (on Wingo & Golic). Bengals fans responded by trashing Joe Thomas. #ofcourse

BengalGirl5150 claims that her boyfriend played football in high school, and thus, she knows more than Joe Thomas. I joke about the name, but some Bengals fan actually said that he knew more about football than Joe Thomas (citing his high school days). That’s... so typical of Bengals fans.
    #PolkHigh4TDs

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Problem is: if they are in playoff contention, they are at risk of jeopardizing playoff hopes if they get suspended for an amount of games.
    True - if Steelers are out of playoff contention and the game means something to the Bengals (which would mean Burfict will play) he will be targeted

Lewis turns a blind eye to all of it. The fact that he claims he doesn’t know this is happening is concerning that he either doesn’t watch film or just doesn’t care what his team does on the field and as a head coach, it’s probably something he should be aware of. He promotes and condones it. He should be fined as well.
    Marvin now is going with the always reliable "everyone does it" defense

“Everybody makes a comment on everything (Burfict) does,” Marvin Lewis said. “They don’t comment on anything else does, so let’s just leave it at that.”

Lewis is a failure of a coach (since the standard benchmark of success is winning championships or at least playoff games) for a failure of franchise

True - if Steelers are out of playoff contention and the game means something to the Bengals (which would mean Burfict will play) he will be targeted

Marvin now is going with the always reliable "everyone does it" defense

“Everybody makes a comment on everything (Burfict) does,” Marvin Lewis said. “They don’t comment on anything else does, so let’s just leave it at that.”

Lewis is a failure of a coach (since the standard benchmark of success is winning championships or at least playoff games) for a failure of franchise
    Lewis is a terrible coach...and I hope he stays in Cincinnati forever...lol

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Not a peep about so much as a fine yet from the league office, and I'm not the least bit surprised.

I thought someone said after review nothing was coming as far as suspension or fine...

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

I think fines are handed out on Friday(s)... if there are any from the previous week?

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

Lewis is a terrible coach...and I hope he stays in Cincinnati forever...lol
    And Hue Jackson in Cleveland, that'd be great . Those are probably the two worst coaches in the entire NFL.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by j-d-s View Post
    And Hue Jackson in Cleveland, that'd be great . Those are probably the two worst coaches in the entire NFL.
    Bill O Brien and Vance Joseph probably have something to say about that, so does Dirk Koetter

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Bengals fans are funny. They posted that gif of AB jumping/kicking their kicker in the face mask... trying to say that AB is just as bad as Burfict.

Different scenario (AB was going to jump, but then didn’t). But, let’s assume that AB did in fact kick that dude in the face on purpose. Okay. That was one incidence. Meanwhile, Burfict had three transgression in this past game alone.

So, Bengals fans will put together a video complication of three different Steelers leading with the helmet. Okay. Again, that is one incident per Steeler... while, again, Burfict had three transgressions in this game alone.

So, they bring up James Harrison leading with the helmet. And, they are right, before the rule was changed, Harrison has a plethora of helmet-to-helmet tackles. But, after the rule change, Harrison stopped leading with his helmet. And, more importantly, Harrison NEVER twisted a player’s ankle (Cam Newton) nor gave a player a cheapshot (Maxx Williams) nor danced/celebrated after he had injured a player (Le’Veon Bell). Burfict has done all three, with one example of each (although there are several examples of each) listed in the parentheses.

SUMMATION:
    Bengals fans deserve Burfict... because, psychologically, they are Burfict.

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

Exclamation Re: Burfict Elbow to AB's Head INTENTIONAL !

Another fine and another suspension will on ENABLE his CRIMINAL bahavior.BirthDefect is way beyond the rehabilitation point. The dude is a pure Psychopath that is out to maim another player and perhaps even KILLING another player ! This dude NEEDS EXPELLED FROM THE NFL !!

If not already done so, I highly suggest we fans get another PETITION drawn up to DEMAND BirthDefect be EXPELLED from the League.
    "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Support Steelers Universe with a Donation via PayPal !

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru....php?do=donate

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Bengals fans are funny. They posted that gif of AB jumping/kicking their kicker in the face mask... trying to say that AB is just as bad as Burfict.

Different scenario (AB was going to jump, but then didn’t). But, let’s assume that AB did in fact kick that dude in the face on purpose. Okay. That was one incidence. Meanwhile, Burfict had three transgression in this past game alone.

So, Bengals fans will put together a video complication of three different Steelers leading with the helmet. Okay. Again, that is one incident per Steeler... while, again, Burfict had three transgressions in this game alone.

So, they bring up James Harrison leading with the helmet. And, they are right, before the rule was changed, Harrison has a plethora of helmet-to-helmet tackles. But, after the rule change, Harrison stopped leading with his helmet. And, more importantly, Harrison NEVER twisted a player’s ankle (Cam Newton) nor gave a player a cheapshot (Maxx Williams) nor danced/celebrated after he had injured a player (Le’Veon Bell). Burfict has done all three, with one example of each (although there are several examples of each) listed in the parentheses.

SUMMATION:
    Bengals fans deserve Burfict... because, psychologically, they are Burfict.

At some point, doesn't there have to be a voice from the Bengals side that sees this whole Burfict /Lewis for what it is?

Burfict is a person with violence issues that is allowed to try to injure others in the name of doing his job. Marvin Lewis is a willing enabler that benefits from his violence as Burfict takes out key members of the opposition. If he severely injures someone or maims them....Lewis is okay with it, because it ultimately helps him keep his job of coaching teams to underperform, acquiring more players that are bad people than any other team, and creating a culture of violence and dangerous hits with the intent to injure.

I don't see any other way to look at it. This has been going on for years. The modus operandi has been firmly established. This is who they are, and what they do.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    At some point, doesn't there have to be a voice from the Bengals side that sees this whole Burfict /Lewis for what it is?

Burfict is a person with violence issues that is allowed to try to injure others in the name of doing his job. Marvin Lewis is a willing enabler that benefits from his violence as Burfict takes out key members of the opposition. If he severely injures someone or maims them....Lewis is okay with it, because it ultimately helps him keep his job of coaching teams to underperform, acquiring more players that are bad people than any other team, and creating a culture of violence and dangerous hits with the intent to injure.

I don't see any other way to look at it. This has been going on for years. The modus operandi has been firmly established. This is who they are, and what they do.
    I’m not sure if anyone is truly in charge of the asylum.

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post

Cam Heyward claims one of the Bengals best players has admitted to Heyward the Burfict situation is simply out of control

Heyward offered up this conversation he had with Cincinnati defensive lineman Geno Atkins:

"I remember when we were at the Pro Bowl, talking to Geno Atkins about it," Heyward said. "And he was just like, 'I don't understand it.' They say Vontaze Burfict is a great guy. But when he plays us, he just likes to turn up."

I asked Heyward to clarify if Atkins was questioning Burfict's loose-cannon nature.

"I don't think he understands it. I don't think his own teammates understand it," Heyward said. "Sometimes they are just flabbergasted as to what is going on."

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers...n-to-teammates

Ray Lewis has said if it was his locker room he would have addressed it by now - IMO back in the day someone like Joe Greene (well at least late 70s Joe Greene after Mean Joe cleaned up his act) would have as well

Here’s Ray Lewis—who knows nothing if not how to command a locker room—on Burfict, in 2016: For me, as a teammate, I’m going to him and saying, ‘If this ever happens again, we have a personal problem.’

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/10/17/vo...mpaign=themmqb

Bengals are not wired that way. There are a lot of reasons the Bengals have done nothing in the playoffs under Lewis, but players being unable to rein in their out of control teammates is part of it.

If the league office does not suspend Burfict will be interesting to see if Tony Dungy and/or Rodney Harrison, who have pontificated about violent behavior they deem unacceptable in the past, have anything to say about Burfict on the Sunday night pregame prior to Bengals-Chiefs