Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Burfict Elbow to AB's Head INTENTIONAL !

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Re: Burfict Elbow to AB's Head INTENTIONAL !

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Burfict needs to take a ride in Uncle Ray Ray’s limo...
    I'm thinking more along the lines of the "Alvin Mack Treatment" (Warning: NSFW):

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    I'm thinking more along the lines of the "Alvin Mack Treatment" (Warning: NSFW):

I’ve already told this story a million times... so, here goes a million & one.

2003 MNF Steelers @ Bucanners

Warren Sapp cheap shots Tommy Maddox. Sapp is talking all kinds of crazy sh!t, taunting Maddox... who gets up and lines up for the next play.

At the snap, Marvel Smith hooks Sapp under his right armpit while Alan Faneca hooks Sapp under his left armpit. Bettis runs right at Sapp. Right. At. Him. Sapp realizes what’s about to happen, and goes limp... falling to the ground (saving his knees/career).

Sapp jumps up, runs over to Maddox and extends his hand. Maddox stares at Sapp, and turns away. Sapp taps Maddox on the shoulder, and once again extends his hand... while looking at the Steelers O-line. Maddox shakes Sapp’s hand and nods to his O-line.

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

https://steelersdepot.com/2018/10/ab...ntaze-burfict/

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Good. It should be and it should be a suspension if Goodell does his fucking job.
    BirthDefect's behavior is way passed getting suspended again, and again, and again....

It's time for God-dell to EXPEL this CRIMINAL from the League..... PERMANENTLY !

This hypocrisy of God-dell's "Making the League Safer for Players" is a total F'ing JOKE ! He fines brushing hits on QBs, yet ENABLES BirthDefect's Criminal shots time after time after time !
    "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

Support Steelers Universe with a Donation via PayPal !

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru....php?do=donate

Senior Member Array title="T&B fan has much to be proud of"> T&B fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    Looks like the same cheap shot he took that cost him and his team a post season appearance

yes it sure do
    we must never forget tell everyone you know New England cheated and might be back at it Edit 1-21-15 there back Edit #2__12-8-19 here we go again Edit #3__ 5-25-23 it never ends

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

A CBS writer wrote about this yesterday.

It is not even questionable.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    He cleans his own guy out as well. What a moron.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    He cleans his own guy out as well. What a moron.
    He has been trash since his NCAA days

Charming postgame behavior from Burfict

Burfict walked away from reporters waiting at his locker to talk to him. He later emerged from the training room as Kirkpatrick was being asked if he thought Burfict could be facing another suspension.

“It’s football, people get hit,” Williams yelled from a couple of lockers away.

“What’d they say, Dre,” Burfict asked before calling the reporter who asked the question the n-word and old before yelling, “Man, get your ass out of our locker room.”
    When the reporter, who was white, asked if Burfict wanted to talk about it, the linebacker said, “No, you from Pittsburgh.”

https://theathletic.com/589638/2018/...lers-insanity/ (link paywalled)

Within five years after his NFL career ends I would wager Burfict is either killed or ends up in prison due to a confrontation - outside the lines some people settle disputes with firearms

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

burfict trying to intentionally injure players? no, really?

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

This douche throws more forearm shivers than Ogie Ogilthorpe...

STEELER NATION RULES ! Array title="katmandu has much to be proud of"> katmandu's Avatar

There needs to be a way for us fans to demand action on criminal actions like this.

New post on Steelers Wire
    Everyone knew Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict was going to try and start trouble on Sunday. The hate between him and the Pittsburgh Steelers are well documented. On more than one occasion Burfict has made a conscious effort to injure a Steelers' player. This happened on Sunday and according to Ben Rothlisberger, he was calling his shots on the field.
    From @RonCookPG: “He hits A.B., then, literally, as I am under center for the next play, he points at JuJu and says, ‘You’re next,’ ” Ben Roethlisberger said. “How do you allow that stuff?” https://t.co/w0G30vzhI5
    — Post-Gazette Sports (@PGSportsNow) October 15, 2018
    Burfict put a shoulder into Brown's head on a play when there was no need to do it and immediately followed it up with a threat to JuJu Smith-Schuster he was next according to Roethlisberger.
    Smith-Schuster also noted after the game the threats were flying from Burfict. Unfortunately, the media didn't get a chance to talk to Burfict about it as he chose to hide out in the training room postgame and avoid reporters.
    Burfict has plenty of time to ponder his next round with Pittsburgh. The Steelers and Bengals square off in the final week of the regular season and there could be serious playoff implications.
    "Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." -- Mark Twain

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Our good friend Al Riveron explained why the claim of an illegal pick is bogus

Good post there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Good post there.
    The most ridiculous thing about the yelling on the internet about the pick by Hunter being illegal or not was the Steelers ran the same play on the 2 point conversion. With both TE's clearing guys out for Juju and no one says a thing.

At about the 1:30 mark of the linked video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KC79WVlb7c

It is the same concept by the TEs here as Hunter on the AB TD throw. I mean, maybe I'm wrong and there is something about the distance from the line of scrimmage that I am not understanding. If that is the case, then I will retract my statements and be glad I learned something.

This is why I think I need a break from the football internet. People literally have no idea what they are talking about. If you want to scream and yell about the AB touchdown, then you better scream and yell about the 2 pt conversion.

Also, watch the beauty of that 2 point play. Where was that on the series where Conner got tackled at the 1/2 yard line? Why do the Steelers only seem to have these plays ready for conversion attempts?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Within five years after his NFL career ends I would wager Burfict is either killed or ends up in prison due to a confrontation - outside the lines some people settle disputes with firearms
    Or, prison.

If Burfict acts like this in the real world, he’ll be facing some serious jail time.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    The most ridiculous thing about the yelling on the internet about the pick by Hunter being illegal or not was the Steelers ran the same play on the 2 point conversion. With both TE's clearing guys out for Juju and no one says a thing.

At about the 1:30 mark of the linked video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KC79WVlb7c

It is the same concept by the TEs here as Hunter on the AB TD throw. I mean, maybe I'm wrong and there is something about the distance from the line of scrimmage that I am not understanding. If that is the case, then I will retract my statements and be glad I learned something.

This is why I think I need a break from the football internet. People literally have no idea what they are talking about. If you want to scream and yell about the AB touchdown, then you better scream and yell about the 2 pt conversion.

Also, watch the beauty of that 2 point play. Where was that on the series where Conner got tackled at the 1/2 yard line? Why do the Steelers only seem to have these plays ready for conversion attempts?
    Good pick up. It’s the exact same play that many teams run at the goal line. Lol.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

That was a $50k elbow,
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="Steelerchad is a jewel in the rough">

You are right. There is no such thing within a yard of the line of scrimmage. There is also no pick if the defender initiates the contact. Both of these were in play on the AB TD.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    That was a $50k elbow,
    Did you read that somewhere or speculating?
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

I am speculating and it would send a message.
    All Defense!

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    I am speculating and it would send a message.
    A tiny fine like that would say that God-dell wasn't serious about player injuries. It would also embolden BirthDefect to elevate his Sociopathic behavior.

Want to send a strong, clear message to ALL NFL players ? IMHO, the only action God-dell should take is expulsion from the League. Permanently! Zero tolerance for Criminals who can not or will not play the game with Sportsman-like conduct.

Otherwise, what's it going to take to change his behavior ? Permanently injuring someone or worse.... actually KILLING another player ?

God-dell best do something and something STRONG before the inevitable happens. God help us all.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Buckinnuts is on a distinguished road"> Buckinnuts's Avatar

sure looks like douchebag was going after the knee there ..not even close to bens upper body

KNOCKIN ON 7'S DOOR!

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buckinnuts View Post
    sure looks like douchebag was going after the knee there ..not even close to bens upper body
    Looked more like the douchebag was trying to go full steam ahead into Ben's helmet with his shoulder. But Ben made a move to his right that caused the douchebag to miss him completely. Either way we ALL know what the intent was.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Wonder if that launch on Ben is one of the other Burfict plays the league office allegedly is looking at?

Attempting to hit the QB is something that is treated much more seriously than clobbering a wide receiver

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Looked more like the douchebag was trying to go full steam ahead into Ben's helmet with his shoulder. But Ben made a move to his right that caused the douchebag to miss him completely. Either way we ALL know what the intent was.
    Looked like that to me as well. Looked like that or trying for a helmet to helmet.

Wonder if that launch on Ben is one of the other Burfict plays the league office allegedly is looking at?

Attempting to hit the QB is something that is treated much more seriously than clobbering a wide receiver
    Lol...there’s so much for them to look at...it may take days...

Gerry Dulac of the P-G maintains the Steelers do not hold back plays for 2 point conversion attempts. But like you I see plays on 2 point attempts that seem a lot more imaginative than what I have seen on short yardage for a TD situations such as the first and goal from the one sequence on Sunday

Since 6 points are more valuable than 2 points, do the Steelers hold back plays such as that used for the successful 2 point conversion on Sunday and, if so, why not use that when, hypothetically speaking of course, you are having problems getting into the end zone with first and goal on the one?

Gerry Dulac - They do not hold back plays. They have an expansive playbook and use only a certain percentage of those plays in the game plan for a given week. But they are not holding any back for a really big moment.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201810170110

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Gerry Dulac of the P-G maintains the Steelers do not hold back plays for 2 point conversion attempts. But like you I see plays on 2 point attempts that seem a lot more imaginative than what I have seen on short yardage for a TD situations such as the first and goal from the one sequence on Sunday

Since 6 points are more valuable than 2 points, do the Steelers hold back plays such as that used for the successful 2 point conversion on Sunday and, if so, why not use that when, hypothetically speaking of course, you are having problems getting into the end zone with first and goal on the one?

Gerry Dulac - They do not hold back plays. They have an expansive playbook and use only a certain percentage of those plays in the game plan for a given week. But they are not holding any back for a really big moment.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201810170110
    The QB Sneak is the new "secret" play now that Haley is gone!!!!

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post

And it works every time. Who knew?

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Christ...the last one they just did in the Bengals game before the timeout went for 3 yards...lol. Instead of throwing, give Ben the ball 35 times...

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Our good friend Al Riveron explained why the claim of an illegal pick is bogus

Great video, thanks for Sharing!!

I thought it was a pick play, but it happens. The breakdown in the video of how the defender changes his shade on Hunter to outside and extends his arms to jam Hunter at the same time Hunter goes out to meet him, shows the defender was not playing in coverage and backpedaling, he was going with the intent to jam and initiates contact. The correct no call was made.

As for Burfict. Did nobody see on the QB sneak by Ben that Burfict leads with his helmet and tries to spear Ben? Another dirty play, but because he didn't make significant contact there was no call.