Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Week 6 Scores Around The League

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Week 6 Scores Around The League

How the Browns passed up on Saquon Barkley is beyond me...that dude is ridiculous. I loved him at PSU and thought he was one of the best ever in college but I didn’t think that would translate this well to the NFL.

If you haven’t seen his highlights, do yourself a favor and check them out from last night.

The Browns got 2 pretty good players but either one of those guys with Barkley would’ve been so much more IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Re: Week 6 Scores Around The League

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    How the Browns passed up on Saquon Barkley is beyond me...that dude is ridiculous. I loved him at PSU and thought he was one of the best ever in college but I didn’t think that would translate this well to the NFL.

If you haven’t seen his highlights, do yourself a favor and check them out from last night.
    That run on the screenplay was just insane. Barry Sanders-like.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Eli is bad. Very bad. Embarrassingly bad.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Eli is bad. Very bad. Embarrassingly bad.
    Yeah...his age is starting to show...but I’m not sure it’s not also because the Giants aren’t equally as bad as a whole.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

1-5. The Giants are not a good team. Eli could be just the only guy on that offense that knows where the play is going when he's not handing it off. I got fooled by the WRs last season too but they are way over-rated. Plus their OL and DL are playing like garbage.

3-3 Eagles are not as good as the Giants made them look either.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Saquan Barkley is just the latest example of how a franchise RB alone can't take you far at all. Barkley is lighting up the league yet the Giants are 1-5 because the defense is a shell of it's 2016 version and Eli is way past his prime

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

The Browns got 2 pretty good players but either one of those guys with Barkley would’ve been so much more IMO.
    The hell of it is, they could've taken Barkley at #1 and still had no problem getting Mayfield #4. Judging from the surprised reactions, I am 99% certain nobody else had him as their top-rated QB or was going to use a top-5 pick on him. To everyone but the Browns, he was the fourth QB on the board. So they essentially outbid themselves on that one.

On the other hand, as amazing as Barkley is, he is probably going to get hurt before long. On half or more of his highlight-reel runs, he is an inch away from someone falling heavily sideways into his legs as he makes a cutback. One unlucky play where that happens while his leg is planted, and that's a blown-out knee for sure. It sucks to think about, but I would be willing to bet money on that.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Man what a player Barkley is very impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    The hell of it is, they could've taken Barkley at #1 and still had no problem getting Mayfield #4. Judging from the surprised reactions, I am 99% certain nobody else had him as their top-rated QB or was going to use a top-5 pick on him. To everyone but the Browns, he was the fourth QB on the board. So they essentially outbid themselves on that one.

On the other hand, as amazing as Barkley is, he is probably going to get hurt before long. On half or more of his highlight-reel runs, he is an inch away from someone falling heavily sideways into his legs as he makes a cutback. One unlucky play where that happens while his leg is planted, and that's a blown-out knee for sure. It sucks to think about, but I would be willing to bet money on that.
    My thoughts exactly but even Barkley and Ward would be ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    1-5. The Giants are not a good team. Eli could be just the only guy on that offense that knows where the play is going when he's not handing it off. I got fooled by the WRs last season too but they are way over-rated. Plus their OL and DL are playing like garbage.

3-3 Eagles are not as good as the Giants made them look either.
    OBJ is a fraud. He’s nothing but a viral sensation because he made a one handed catch on Sunday Night Football. He makes that catch in a 1pm game on a Sunday and all it gets is an ESPN mention. His drops, pour route running and pouting is no where near a top flight receiver in the NFL. AB, Julio, AJ, Mike Evans are so far superior than him it’s crazy. I’d even take Stefan Diggs if I were building a team before OBJ.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

My thoughts exactly but even Barkley and Ward would be ridiculous.
    Then you'd still have Tyrod Taylor as your #1 quarterback, and you'd finish the season 0-15-1, and Drew Stanton's backup's backup would finish as your fourth starting QB of the year.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Mayfield and Ward have worked well for them so far. They have thus far upgraded at QB and CB (though it's early). They also previously got Carlos Hyde and then added Nick Chubb later, so what they ended up with wasn't exactly bad. Plus it's not like the Giants are doing much of anything as a team with Barkley

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Manning embarrassed himself, Beckham embarrassed himself, and the once storied NY Giants organization embarrassed itself. It was sad to see.

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Then you'd still have Tyrod Taylor as your #1 quarterback, and you'd finish the season 0-15-1, and Drew Stanton's backup's backup would finish as your fourth starting QB of the year.
    Could be totally different with the threat of Barkley back there though and Taylor wasn’t horrendous. He played the Steelers to a tie...lol. They definitely would’ve been better off to have started Mayfield from Day One though. To have Mayfield and Barkley on offense would’ve been pretty nice for them.

Today's Scores

Texans 20 Bills 13: Texans blew a 10 point lead before rallying. Texans now at .500 after an 0-3 start

Falcons 34 Bucs 29: Falcons almost blew a 15 point lead

Vikings 27 Cardinals 17: Cardinals got on the board first but Vikings took control. Cards suck

Chargers 38 Browns 14: Browns get blown out and look like last year's browns for the first time this season

Jets 42 Colts 34: Jets now 3-3

Redskins 23 Panthers 17: Win puts Redskins in division lead by default

Seahawks 27 Raiders 3: Raiders are easily the worst team in the AFC, a mess. 4 wins is their ceiling

Dolphins 28 Bears 28: Dolphins put 28 and draw Bears to OT with Brock Shitweiler at QB. Trubisky looking very much improved

Kenyan Drake fumbled at the goal line attempting the run for victory. Ball goes to Bears and they are driving.

Jordan Howard running for big gains in OT.

24 degrees at Mile High with snow...lol.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Probably asking too much for the Titans to pull out a win and knock the Ravens down to 3-3 today(?)

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Probably asking too much for the Titans to pull out a win and knock the Ravens down to 3-3 today(?)
    Probably will be a low scoring game. Titans defense is pretty good this year, but their offense is pretty bad.

BROCK-TOBER! Dolphins stun the Bears in OT.

Dolphins win 31-28 on the last play of the game. Bears choked, losing to Shitweiler. Trubisky though looks much improved

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Dolphins win 31-28 on the last play of the game. Bears choked, losing to Shitweiler. Trubisky though looks much improved
    Osweiler looked pretty damned good...lol.

Osweiler looked pretty damned good...lol.
    Not a good game for the Bears D, one that previously had been dominating with Mack

17-0 Cowboys over Jaguars.

Jalen Ramsey is a shadow of what he was last season...

Rats up 14-0. With how bad the Titans O is, can't see Titans coming back

- - - Updated - - -

17-0 Cowboys over Jaguars.

Jalen Ramsey is a shadow of what he was last season...
    LOL, spent all offseason running his big ass mouth only to not live up to his talking

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Rats up 14-0. With how bad the Titans O is, can't see Titans coming back

- - - Updated - - -

LOL, spent all offseason running his big ass mouth only to not live up to his talking
    If you're going to talk the talk you better be able to walk the walk. Or something like that...

Week 6 Scores Around The League

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    If you're going to talk the talk you better be able to walk the walk. Or something like that...
    Ramsey is getting thrown at much more often this year from what I hear...he’s clearly not as good as his previous season indicated. Still better than anything Pittsburgh has though...lol

Ramsey is getting thrown at much more often this year from what I hear...he’s clearly not as good as his previous season indicated. Still better than anything Pittsburgh has though...lol
    Yep, I would take him in a heartbeat. He and Haden would be pretty sick.

I think he’s rated super low on PFF ratings...like not even Top-40...