Thread: Ben - 'I had to suck it up' in 2nd half of Steelers vs. Falcons

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Ben - 'I had to suck it up' in 2nd half of Steelers vs. Falcons

Ben's explanation for the accuracy issues that at least temporarily were resolved in the second half against the Falcons goes back to the elbow injury in Cleveland

If Ben Roethlisberger looked like an improved quarterback in the second half Sunday against the Atlanta Falcons, it was because he recognized a previous elbow injury was hurting his throwing motion.

On his weekly 93.7 FM radio segment Tuesday, Roethlisberger said he adjusted his mechanics at halftime, which helped him complete 10 of 12 passes for 155 yards and two touchdowns in the second half of the Pittsburgh Steelers’ 41-17 win against the Atlanta Falcons.

“The second half, I had a talk with myself and said I had to suck it up and deliver the ball like I need to and force my way through it,” ...

“I was just dealing with a little bit of an elbow issue,” Roethlisberger said. “It made me drop my elbow a little bit for the comfort factor, which causes the ball to sail.” ...

“We’ve been dealing with it,” Roethlisberger said. “It’s something I need to mentally get over in terms of my throwing motion. I’ve got to keep the arm high to keep the ball driving instead of sailing, that’s all.”

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers...gainst-falcons

Hopefully if Ben can get through the Bengals game rest during the bye week may help - no indication if in addition to his talk with himself Ben had a talk with the team doctor at halftime on Sunday

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Re: Ben - 'I had to suck it up' in 2nd half of Steelers vs. Falcons

Rub some Windex on it!

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    Rub some Windex on it!
    and play me a tune.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Got any of that deer antler spray that OJ Lewis used?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I don't think AB is 100% either.

There has been something off all year with both of them.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I don't think AB is 100% either.

There has been something off all year with both of them.
    AB is still looking for his gun, $80K in cash and Rolls Royce [Edit, never mind found the Rolls].

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Drama.
    He brings it up...
    He gets asked about it...
    He says it's not worth talking about...

#BenWorld

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Of course Ben has a lot more to suck up than most QBs according to the Bengals

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    He brings it up...
    He gets asked about it...
    He says it's not worth talking about...

#BenWorld
    Yeah, but in fairness he has probably been doing this since he was 17 years old in highschool. His life experience is that he does this, gets attention and praise for being a tough guy. Some of us may think its unnecessary drama, but its what star athletes get conditioned to at a young age. Lets just hope he sucks it up and has a 154 passer rating in a win vs the Bengals this week.