Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AB is a bad tenant

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

AB is a bad tenant

Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown is facing a lawsuit in Florida. According to court documents, Brown is accused of throwing furniture from the 14th story balcony of a Florida apartment building, which nearly hit a 22-month-old child.

Brown was sued by Ophir Sternberg, who said his toddler grandson was walking around the pool at a high-end apartment complex in Florida when suddenly “large objects started to fall from the building many floors above them.”

Sternberg said the objects included two large vases, an ottoman and other pieces of furniture, which landed within 2 feet of the toddler and his grandfather. When security and police arrived, “Mr. Brown was extremely agitated, acting aggressively and yelling,” according to Sternberg....

Post-Gazette news partner KDKA-TV reported that a second lawsuit has been filed by the landlord over damage to the unit and furniture.

That lawsuit contends Brown broke the lease agreement by “destroying, damaging defacing the premises, as well as furnishings and appliances” belonging to the plaintiff.
    It goes on to say that Brown has refused to pay for the damages.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201810090080

Just another example of AB doing everything he can to encourage his teammates and coaches to win

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Re: AB is a bad tenant

If true, wouldn't surprise me. ME FIRST guys are like this.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

I think AB needs to " call god"
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

He's lucky to not be facing criminal charges. Throwing objects from a balcony like that is very illegal. The furniture/Toddler near miss is the reason why. Being sued? He should be paying bail.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Just more material for "Days of Our Steelers"

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    He's lucky to not be facing criminal charges. Throwing objects from a balcony like that is very illegal. The furniture/Toddler near miss is the reason why. Being sued? He should be paying bail.
    Between this and child support disputes he has some significant issues other than Ben targeting him enough

Hope AB does not end up as one of those players doing autograph shows five years after his retirement because he blew through his money - this on AB's 14th floor "apartment" from which he threw the furniture

He was renting the unit for $35,000 a month on a six month lease, according to the suit.

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers...items-he-threw

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

A lot of this is coming from the ghetto and not being able to handle money or fame. He needs an assistant to help him. If he already has one then he needs another. It's sad really. They get a pass in school because of their talent but it just hurts them in the long run

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Sounds like a good party to me. Did it happen on field? No? Then who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Nothing cures night terrors like a couple million dollars, lol. What a effing joke

If this amount of money was missing from my backpack I suppose I would be upset too. Always good to have money on hand to tip the pizza delivery guy.

Mr. Brown, who “appeared very agitated and was yelling at [building] security, telling them he thinks they set him up.” Mr. Brown was apparently referring to $80,000 in cash and a gun he’d reported missing a day earlier. Around 1:30 p.m. on April 23, Mr. Brown called police after returning from a two-week trip to find the cash and gun gone, according to a police report.

Mr. Brown told officers that the apartment had been cleaned and laundry washed and folded, although he had not left it that way. A $250 handgun was missing from his closet, he said, as well as $80,000 in cash he’d left in a white backpack.

Fortunately nobody also stole AB's ride

Cops say Brown was not arrested for the incident -- but the complex told them they would initiate eviction proceedings to kick him out.
    Police were called to Brown's apartment AGAIN the very next day, April 25, when Brown reported that someone had stolen his black Rolls-Royce.

But, when cops showed up to his apartment, Brown said, "I found the car" and closed the door in their faces.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/10/09/antoni...Search_Results

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Ugh. It sounds like he is unraveling. I hope he is not "self-medicating" in any way that could adversely affect his career.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    If this amount of money was missing from my backpack I suppose I would be upset too. Always good to have money on hand to tip the pizza delivery guy.

Mr. Brown, who “appeared very agitated and was yelling at [building] security, telling them he thinks they set him up.” Mr. Brown was apparently referring to $80,000 in cash and a gun he’d reported missing a day earlier. Around 1:30 p.m. on April 23, Mr. Brown called police after returning from a two-week trip to find the cash and gun gone, according to a police report.

Mr. Brown told officers that the apartment had been cleaned and laundry washed and folded, although he had not left it that way. A $250 handgun was missing from his closet, he said, as well as $80,000 in cash he’d left in a white backpack.

Fortunately nobody also stole AB's ride

Cops say Brown was not arrested for the incident -- but the complex told them they would initiate eviction proceedings to kick him out.
    Police were called to Brown's apartment AGAIN the very next day, April 25, when Brown reported that someone had stolen his black Rolls-Royce.

But, when cops showed up to his apartment, Brown said, "I found the car" and closed the door in their faces.

Cocaine's a hell of a drug.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    Ugh. It sounds like he is unraveling. I hope he is not "self-medicating" in any way that could adversely affect his career.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post
    Damn...beat me to it!

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I'm sure glad I don't buy Steeler jerseys and walk around with some fools name on my back.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I'm sure glad I don't buy Steeler jerseys and walk around with some fools name on my back.
    wait and grab the all time greats when the playing days are done , ones you can relate to value's wise ... then its a safe bet or safer anyways

wait and grab the all time greats when the playing days are done , ones you can relate to value's wise ... then its a safe bet or safer anyways
    Not really...tell that to all those OJ Simpson fans that were out there...lol. You never know anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Not really...tell that to all those OJ Simpson fans that were out there...lol. You never know anymore...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Message Board Rule #384:
    The mere mentioning of OJ Simpson’s name not only derails the thread, but wins the Internet for the day.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

The only question that remains is what will happen if Antonio Brown and Todd Haley were roommates?

Imagine the destruction that would ensue!

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Nothing cures night terrors like a couple million dollars, lol. What a effing joke
    Not really, the lawsuit is for $15,000 plus attorney fees and interest. Basically, half a month's rent where he was staying.

Was listening to SNR today and someone on one of the shows asked if we are seeing the beginning of CTE.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    The only question that remains is what will happen if Antonio Brown and Todd Haley were roommates?

Imagine the destruction that would ensue!

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    That was a funny moment in the game.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Between this and child support disputes he has some significant issues other than Ben targeting him enough

Hope AB does not end up as one of those players doing autograph shows five years after his retirement because he blew through his money - this on AB's 14th floor "apartment" from which he threw the furniture

He was renting the unit for $35,000 a month on a six month lease, according to the suit.

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers...items-he-threw
    Gee you wonder why these guys are broke 2 years after retiring.

- - - Updated - - -

Who leaves $80K in cash laying around when you go away for two weeks? How much are safes at Dick's sporting goods?

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

*Sigh*... I remember when AB was the talented young slot receiver who always seemed to bail Ben out when targeted. I *really* hope that lil' JuJu doesn't wind up like this
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Antonio Brown responded to the two lawsuits filed against him in Florida, claiming his innocence.

Brown issued a statement Thursday.

“It has now been made public that two lawsuits containing false claims have been filed against me,” Brown said. “The facts will soon come out that prove my innocence. My focus will remain on football and I will not let the cases serve as a distraction.”

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers...w-innocence-in

So assuming the plan to "prove my innocence" is something other than filing blanket denials to the allegations in both lawsuits then quietly settling up after the publicity dies down, I suppose the options are:

Have someone else take the fall for throwing the furniture from the 14th floor;

Blame party guests or the cleaning crew for trashing the apartment; and/or

Say the alleged damage to the "apartment" is just normal wear and tear that a typically greedy landlord is using to avoid giving back AB's security deposit.

Where are we, Week 6? Who in their right mind thought the Steelers had a chance to top themselves on the Melodrama Meter after last season?

It’s hardly a lock, but A.B. seems capable of pulling it off all by himself — maybe before Late-Veon shows up, which could happen as early as Monday.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201810110109

Member Array title="Skinart82 is an unknown quantity at this point">

$80,000 in cash and you have a $250 handgun....

Time for a 3 AM drug test.