Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Week 5: Atlanta Falcons

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Week 5: Atlanta Falcons

Lol.

Start Matt Ryan and all Falcons players on your FF teams. It's the surest points ever.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Week 5: Atlanta Falcons

Julio outgains AB. Julio has a monster game while there will be at least 8 occurrences where Ben misses a wide open AB. Falcons defense is trash, but Fichtner will find a way not to torch them

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

This will/should be a shoot out.

The Falcons defense is just as bad.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I don't even care right now, ask me thursday or friday

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Lol.

Start Matt Ryan and all Falcons players on your FF teams. It's the surest points ever.
    I quit playing Fantasy Football years back but yea given if you have any Falcon players on your team. Jones will probably go for over 300 yards!

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Tomlin will have them prepared.

Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    Tomlin will have them prepared.

He has become a joke to announcers and to the whole league. I don't think he sees it sadly! He will become our Marvin Lewis and is headed that way.

Atlanta D sux too Conner will rush for 22 yards on 5 carries. Ben will pass for 500 yards with 3 TD's and 8 INT'S.

Senior Member Array title="Renegade has a spectacular aura about"> Renegade's Avatar

Im sticking with my pick. In my official predictions before I made the gameday thread, I said the steelers would lose to baltimore. But this week will start a 3 game win streak before heading to baltimore for another smashing. and once they are at 4-3-1, they will rise up and be the talented team they are, or flop and fart their way to a 3rd place finish. I'm starting to think that everything might not be Tomlin, Butler, or anyone's fault. I realize they call plays, choose the roster spots, and have some input on drafts. But I would prefer to question the general manager. The coaches can only use the players they have. They had an amazing player named Le'veon Bell whom the organization didn't want to pay and now the fans are paying for it by watching the product on the field. This dumb combo between Connor and Switzer is no replacement for Bell. And that seems to be the problem. Notice that the play calling HAS NOT changed from the last several years to now... dump offs to Bell and Williams were great and when the safeties cheat up to assist the linebackers who are getting torched on these dump offs, draws, and stretch plays, Ben could crack one to a wide open Mr. Brown or (my favorite, seriously) Bryant. Bell, Brown, Bryant, Ben, were more cohesive then the jumbled roster that currently plays on sundays. I'M NOT SAYING THE PEOPLE THEY HAVE ARE BAD... I'm saying they have to change the strategy because the same play calls that worked before when the Bell was ringing, just do not work now. I can't explain how Connor had a great game on week 1... but then again, I couldn't explain FitzMagic either.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

The perspective from Atlanta - link to full article may be paywalled but these excerpts sum up how bad it has been so far for the Falcons. Two of the most disappointing teams so far face off at Heinz next week to see which one is sinking more quickly.

In​ the past two weeks, the Falcons​ have​ held fourth-quarter​ leads,​ scored 73​ points, totaled 902​ yards in offense, converted seven​​ of their nine red-zone opportunities into touchdowns, did not commit a turnover and managed to lose both games. At home....

The Bengals drove 75 yards on 16 plays — including two fourth-down conversions — and scored the winning touchdown on a 13-yard pass from Andy Dalton to A.J. Green with seven seconds left. ...

They led Philadelphia 12-10 with just more than two minutes left and lost.
    They led New Orleans 37-30 with just more than a minute remaining and lost.
    They led Cincinnati 36-31 after a Matt Bryant field goal, but they had opportunities to put it away.

https://theathletic.com/558668/2018/09/30/schultz-quinn-may-have-a-hard-time-keeping-this-falcons-season-on-rails/

This column in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution on the Falcons current difficulties applies to both teams playing at Heinz next Sunday

One more shootout is at hand, and the outcome of this one could tell the tale of a season.

Win and there’s a glimmer of hope. Lose and there’s only gloom and doom.

https://www.ajc.com/blog/mark-bradle...sCIj10RlMfjaM/
    Last edited by AtlantaDan; 10-01-2018 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Added AJC column link

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

It's going to be a long year that's for sure.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I am not worried about Julio. There are several ways to slow the Falcons down and beat them while allowing Julio Jones to get his usual ludicrous chunks of yardage. What terrifies me is that now Calvin Ridley exists and is dominating 2nd and 3rd corners for red zone scores.

Coty Sensabaugh on Calvin Ridley? That's downright terrifying!

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Coty Sensabaugh on Calvin Ridley? That's downright terrifying!
    as long as Coty Sensabaugh is on the field other teams will look for and find him...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    as long as Coty Sensabaugh is on the field other teams will look for and find him...
    That seems to be the pattern through the first 4 weeks. Steelers are faced with a pretty dire choice:

1. Play Coty Sensabaugh and die a death by a thousand cuts as teams just isolate him and beat him like a drum because he is not athletic enough to compete in the NFL.

OR

2. Play Artie Burns and watch him give up 2 big plays a game due to really bad technique/fundamentals.

For me, I play Burns. If there is any version of "success" for the 2018 Pittsburgh Steelers it involves Artie Burns playing better.

That seems to be the pattern through the first 4 weeks. Steelers are faced with a pretty dire choice:

1. Play Coty Sensabaugh and die a death by a thousand cuts as teams just isolate him and beat him like a drum because he is not athletic enough to compete in the NFL.

OR

2. Play Artie Burns and watch him give up 2 big plays a game due to really bad technique/fundamentals.

For me, I play Burns. If there is any version of "success" for the 2018 Pittsburgh Steelers it involves Artie Burns playing better.
    Yep Burns sux balls but the best we have at the position so play him. Please also keep Sutton of the field and he shouldn't be on a NFL roster.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

As much crap as we heap on our secondary I do have to put some of the blame on our rushers. If Watt isn't getting to the QB who is? Baltimore knew this last week and double teamed him when they needed to and NO ONE else got near Flacco all night. We need another guy to take the heat off of Watt or move Watt around so he can beat double teams.

Again the whole defense is just a dumpster fire at this point. Look at what Denver did to KC last night. They blitzed from everywhere and almost won, had it not been for Mahomes they would have. Mahomes is the real deal and if KC builds any type of defense they will win the Superbowl.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    As much crap as we heap on our secondary I do have to put some of the blame on our rushers. If Watt isn't getting to the QB who is? Baltimore knew this last week and double teamed him when they needed to and NO ONE else got near Flacco all night. We need another guy to take the heat off of Watt or move Watt around so he can beat double teams.

Again the whole defense is just a dumpster fire at this point. Look at what Denver did to KC last night. They blitzed from everywhere and almost won, had it not been for Mahomes they would have. Mahomes is the real deal and if KC builds any type of defense they will win the Superbowl.
    To be honest, outside of the Cleveland game, our best pass rusher looks like Dupree. I'm a little bit disappointed in Heyward and Tuitt, more so Tuitt than anything.

Watt doesn't look like he's improved much since last year, I hope it's just him having bad games. Honestly though it doesn't seem like he has the power or quickness to dominate as a pass rusher. Most of his sacks are from pure hustle. He's looking to be a good, not great outside backer. Hope I'm proven wrong but that's just my observation.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

ATL defense at least has lost 2-3 of thier top players to IR, we got no excuse.

IDK my heart says try suck and will lose. Reality says Tomlin teams have a habit of taking a shit one week and then getting it done the next. If for no other reason then to screw with the fans heads. Lol

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    To be honest, outside of the Cleveland game, our best pass rusher looks like Dupree. I'm a little bit disappointed in Heyward and Tuitt, more so Tuitt than anything.

Watt doesn't look like he's improved much since last year, I hope it's just him having bad games. Honestly though it doesn't seem like he has the power or quickness to dominate as a pass rusher. Most of his sacks are from pure hustle. He's looking to be a good, not great outside backer. Hope I'm proven wrong but that's just my observation.
    Won't that be a head trip if at the end of the season Dupree looks better than Watt?

Although, Dupree seems to get free on stunts alot while Watt is drawing two blockers often.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Dupree’s problem is he always gets pushed behind the QB, so if there is any pocket, he gets zero pressure. He also can not set the edge (still pissed at the loss to Jax, he was the main reason we lost IMO). He is the easiest person to block, just run him deep behind the QB and he runs himself out of the play, every time!

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Won't that be a head trip if at the end of the season Dupree looks better than Watt?

Although, Dupree seems to get free on stunts alot while Watt is drawing two blockers often.
    It's a good possibility that out OLBers suck because we hired a friend of the family instead of a good Linebacker coach

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Looks to be the case even going by last year, he gets a lot of his sacks on inside stunts. His speed probably gives him free rushes in this case if the OL isn't quick to pick up the assignment. Either that or he's rushing wide on the majority of the plays that when he cuts inside it takes them by surprise

https://steelcityblitz.com/bud-dupre...ck-assessment/

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

It’s hard to get pressure when you are only rushing 3 players at a time and then when you do rush 4, they all just run straight forward into the lineman and engage...there was no creativity in that blitz package during the Ravens game. It’s like they lost their game plan and just went with a preseason one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Looks to be the case even going by last year, he gets a lot of his sacks on inside stunts. His speed probably gives him free rushes in this case if the OL isn't quick to pick up the assignment. Either that or he's rushing wide on the majority of the plays that when he cuts inside it takes them by surprise

https://steelcityblitz.com/bud-dupre...ck-assessment/
    Is that Steel City Blitz's Dong Report?

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Excerpt from ESPN column on who to love or hate for this week's games - no surprise the ESPN author is loading up on offensive players in Steelers-Falcons

Quarterbacks I love in Week 5

Ben Roethlisberger vs. Falcons (ESPN projection: 19.9): Through four games, the Falcons' pass defense has allowed the eighth-most passing yards, seventh-most touchdown passes, fifth-highest completion percentage and the second-most completions. They are missing four defensive starters and the over/under for this game is 57 (highest for any game this season). My No. 1 QB this week.

Matt Ryan at Steelers (ESPN projection: 19.2): Through four games, Ryan has more fantasy points than he did in the first four games of 2016, when he won the MVP and was the No. 2 QB in fantasy. Good times roll along this week while facing a Steelers defense that has allowed a league-high 21 deep completionsp TD passes. Ryan is top six in the NFL this season in deep completions, deep completion percentage and deep TDs....

Running backs I love in Week 5

James Conner vs. Falcons (ESPN projection: 20.9 points): The Falcons are missing four defensive starters from a defense that has given up the most receptions to opposing running backs. Conner is eighth among running backs in targets this season, and his 9.7 yards after the catch per reception is fifth among running backs. I want as much of this game as I can get. Giddy up....

Pass-catchers I love in Week 5

Calvin Ridley
    at Steelers (ESPN projection: 11 points):
    He has to come back down to earth at some point, but you're not benching him now. Not this week, not this matchup. The Steelers have allowed a league-high 21 deep completions this season. Ridley has turned six deep targets into 138 yards and three touchdowns in the past three weeks....

I've said I want as much of the Falcons-Steelers game as I can get and that includes Vance McDonald, who is averaging 16.7 yards per catch

http://www.espn.com/fantasy/football...s-busts-week-5

Over/under for punts in this game should be around 3

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Is that Steel City Blitz's Dong Report?
    lol appears so. The thing I don't get is when he says on a few occasions "this play happened because of bud dupree's speed and not because of his talent", and I'm like uhh, isn't speed talent? I think he has talent and skill mixed up. At least the way I see it, is Bud is a high talent / low skill player.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    This will/should be a shoot out.

The Falcons defense is just as bad.
    A few pundits predicted the Ravens/Steelers game was going to be a "shootout" too.

When was the last time Ben had success against a "bad" opposing Defense?

It should be a shootout, but I'm not counting on one. The Steelers Offense has been on-and-off, and just got off two games where they were totally shut out in the second half. The Bucs shut them down, you know, the team that gave up six touchdown passes to Mitchell Trubisky, and the Ravens.

This upcoming game and month will be telling where this team is headed. If the Offense gets shut down against the Falcons Defense, then this team is far more terrible than we could've possibly imagined.

Statistically Ben had good games against KC and Tampa, both bad defenses. Bad games against Cleveland and Baltimore, both with good defenses.

But no real way to explain why they're not getting it done in the 2nd half against basically anyone, but it's been a pretty strong trend. Defensive adjustments vs no adjustments on offense?

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Not making predictions on this game. 2 teams looking for an answer and anything can happen in this one. Ryan has a 68% completion rate so far. Coleman is only averaging 3.9 ypc. This seems like another one of those games where we need to send a blitzer every play to move the QB off his spot. The Atlanta defense allows points. We should be able to score in this one. We need 'Good Ben' to show up. I think if we hit Ryan and Ben is on target we win this game.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

IF The Falcons D wasn't as bad as it is they would probably hang a 60 Burger on us but they are bad , real bad so because of that we actually have a chance , maybe not a great chance but 40% chance anyways ?

I look for a 43-41 kind of game
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now