Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Le'Veon Bell reportedly plans to report to Steelers during Week 7 bye

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly plans to report to Steelers during Week 7 bye

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    That's why I'd take a 7th, just to control where he went. But, if I was the OWNER, I'd rescind rather than pay him $10M+ to do a job that is already trending to be done better than him. As a fan, I don't care if they waste $10M, but the Rooneys aren't the richest people in the world.
    Nope. That’s just cutting off your nose to spite your face. Right now, worst case is a third round pick in 2020. Who cares where he goes...his value is droppping week by week as he makes himself look like an ass, gets further and further out of Football shape and the better Conner foes on a week by week basis combined with how well DeAngelo Williams does shows that maybe Bell isn’t all he’s cracked up to be.

I’m not convinced he’s going to show this season...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Also another little detail about his accrued season. It doesn't count the playoffs, so technically he could show week 10 and leave as soon as the playoffs start and still get credit for his season

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    Also another little detail about his accrued season. It doesn't count the playoffs, so technically he could show week 10 and leave as soon as the playoffs start and still get credit for his season
    He could but I think that would hurt his value even more...big time...

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    He is possibly the dumbest pro athlete of this generation.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    Yep

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

He could but I think that would hurt his value even more...big time...
    Me too, I doubt anyone would sign him then. I was just saying that it is a possible scenario.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    He is possibly the dumbest pro athlete of this generation.
    Aaron Hernandez ended up hanging himself in prison - just sayin'

Although a 17 on the Wonderlic for Bell is pretty bad (Bryant and Kordell pulled down a 14)

http://wonderlictestsample.com/nfl-wonderlic-scores/

Fan letter to Bell at SI.com for keeping it real

With His Holdout, Le'Veon Bell Rips a Page from the NBA Playbook

Football fans are shaking their head. But a lot of NBA players are watching him and nodding in agreement.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/10/15/le...s-jimmy-butler

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Aaron Hernandez ended up hanging himself in prison - just sayin'

Although a 17 on the Wonderlic for Bell is pretty bad (Bryant and Kordell pulled down a 14)

http://wonderlictestsample.com/nfl-wonderlic-scores/

Fan letter to Bell at SI.com for keeping it real

With His Holdout, Le'Veon Bell Rips a Page from the NBA Playbook

Football fans are shaking their head. But a lot of NBA players are watching him and nodding in agreement.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/10/15/le...s-jimmy-butler
    Ok... financially dumb!

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Nope. That’s just cutting off your nose to spite your face. Right now, worst case is a third round pick in 2020. Who cares where he goes...his value is droppping week by week as he makes himself look like an ass, gets further and further out of Football shape and the better Conner foes on a week by week basis combined with how well DeAngelo Williams does shows that maybe Bell isn’t all he’s cracked up to be.

Actually, the worst case is nothing. You are not guaranteed a third-round comp pick - or any comp pick, for that patter. Roll the dice on how many free agents come and go, how much Bell signs for elsewhere, and whether the NFL's black box algorithm deems Bell to be worth more than whoever else we brought in.

We will have a minimum of $14-15 million in extra cap space to work with next year, (from Shazier's expiring contract as well as whatever Bell gives up and is carried over and added to next year's total), possibly up to $24 million if Bell does not sign at all or is released/traded. Plus the roughly $15 million that we will NOT be paying Bell on a long-term contract. So likely up to $40 million in money that we will have available to spend that we were not counting on having. That means there is a great chance we will bring in more free agents than we lose. We very well might not get anything in the way of comp picks, and holding onto Bell for that reason may be a huge blunder.

The equation is basically going to be: Do we want $6 million in cap space next year, or a ticket in a drawing for a possible 3rd-round pick the following season? Is that a very good price to pay? Which one will help us more with the "win now" goal before Ben retires?

In those terms, we might as well just cut Bell loose right now, unless we think he is somehow going to come in and do $6 million worth of good over the last 6 games of the regular season. Personally, I think he is not going to play at all this year anyway and will not re-sign with the Steelers at any price, so might as well just take the cash.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Bell won’t go to NE. They have Michel who is doing great. Theyll be looking to spend on a WR.
    True, but Michael is a rookie on a rookie deal. I could see them renting Bell and letting him walk after the season. But they also do have James White who is pretty dare good especially in the playoffs. But Belichick isn't dumb and I could see him signing him for the rest of the year just to spite the Steelers.

Bell to Philly makes the most sense but I think they are way up against the cap.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Nope. That’s just cutting off your nose to spite your face. Right now, worst case is a third round pick in 2020.
    That's actually not true. There's a very good chance we wont get anything for him, even as a compensatory pick because of our other action in free agency. I've read that in a couple of different places. So, worst case is Bell leaves, and we get nothing for him, but open up 15 million in cap room.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    That's actually not true. There's a very good chance we wont get anything for him, even as a compensatory pick because of our other action in free agency. I've read that in a couple of different places. So, worst case is Bell leaves, and we get nothing for him, but open up 15 million in cap room.
    You mean...if we add Patrick Peterson...

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Master Motivator Ben Roethlisberger says Le'Veon will not be able to play for "at least" 3 weeks after he returns

Video of Bell after he hears about that jab from Ben

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

For what it’s worth, Bell apparently told a blogger he’ll be back next Monday

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndica...onday.amp.html

- - - Updated - - -

I don’t know if that link is worthy of its own thread. Probably not, so I just posted it here. If the MODs feel differently I’m sure they’ll move it.

Sure that is possible but highly unlikely as the Steelers really are never that involved in free agency and if they are overly involved, great...I’d take some quality free agents to balance the loss of Bell out. Either way you win.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

I still think outright cutting him will be a mistake. And we can’t trade him until he signs his tender.

I don’t think he likes the idea of the Steelers controlling his fate, even for the rest of this year so he’s probably not signing until Oct. 30th or close enough to it to make a trade difficult.

If I’m Bell (and I really don’t claim to understand his thinking) I wouldn’t want to be traded to a place with a new system and worse Oline, because I might have to remind everyone what I’m worth in FA.

The Steelers are really the perfect situation for him for the remainder of ‘18:

The Steelers will not rush him onto the field until he’s absolutely ready because the Steelers don’t need or want to. Any team willing to trade for him will rush him out there.

He will get the reduced work load he WANTS from the Steelers.

And if the Steelers just sit Bell because they don’t think he helps the team, Bell can blame the Steelers for sitting him out of spite even though he was ready to perform.

Plus we might all be forgetting that Lev Bell is still Lev Bell and honestly COULD be that tiny difference that helps us win a Super Bowl.

I’m not saying bench Conner, but if the Steelers have Bell and can’t find a way to use him then they don’t deserve to win a Super Bowl. And what’s worse is that it will be difficult to find a way to blame Haley for it.

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    For what it’s worth, Bell apparently told a blogger he’ll be back next Monday

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndica...onday.amp.html

- - - Updated - - -

I don’t know if that link is worthy of its own thread. Probably not, so I just posted it here. If the MODs feel differently I’m sure they’ll move it.
    Fake news:

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

OH, THE DRAMA

...there is some belief he may wait until after the trade deadline on Tuesday, Oct. 30 to report. Doing so would shut down any opportunity the Steelers have of trading him -- they cannot do so until he signs his franchise tender

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/when-will-leveon-bell-come-back-to-steelers-rb-flips-plans-doesnt-show-up-for-bye-week/

Senior Member Array title="T&B fan has much to be proud of"> T&B fan's Avatar

if hes not signed by the browns game , 28th , Sunday morning we should cut him and be done with the drama .
    we must never forget tell everyone you know New England cheated and might be back at it Edit 1-21-15 there back Edit #2__12-8-19 here we go again Edit #3__ 5-25-23 it never ends

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    You mean...if we add Patrick Peterson...
    Nope. What if Bell doesn't get the offer he wants and decides to walk away? Part of the compensatory formula is how the player performs the following year, according to OTC. Injured? Same thing. Of course, a trade or cutting him once he signs negates any pick at all. And, if we rescind the tag, it means he goes in this year's crop. The way Bostic's been playing, it'll pretty much cancel out anything we might get for Bell if the tag is rescinded.

Of course, then, there's next year's free agency. If we have another shazier type injury, retirement, or so on, we're going to have to go shopping. If we buy in free agency, there's a very good chance that will lower or outright cancel the compensatory pick as well unless we just pick up the league's trash.

So, no, there are plenty of ways in which the we won't get a compensatory pick. I'll note, however, I said "very good" in my previous post. I'm backing off that because I was confusing a compensatory pick in 2019 for actions now vs. a pick in 2020 for losing him in FA next spring.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

I don't care if we get a plug nickle for him I would LOVE to see the steelers rip up his offer and let him go on his way. They won't but I would still LOVE it if they did

Nope. What if Bell doesn't get the offer he wants and decides to walk away? Part of the compensatory formula is how the player performs the following year, according to OTC. Injured? Same thing. Of course, a trade or cutting him once he signs negates any pick at all. And, if we rescind the tag, it means he goes in this year's crop. The way Bostic's been playing, it'll pretty much cancel out anything we might get for Bell if the tag is rescinded.

Of course, then, there's next year's free agency. If we have another shazier type injury, retirement, or so on, we're going to have to go shopping. If we buy in free agency, there's a very good chance that will lower or outright cancel the compensatory pick as well unless we just pick up the league's trash.

So, no, there are plenty of ways in which the we won't get a compensatory pick. I'll note, however, I said "very good" in my previous post. I'm backing off that because I was confusing a compensatory pick in 2019 for actions now vs. a pick in 2020 for losing him in FA next spring.
    The only thing that counts for the compensation pick is the salary

The steelers had a 3rd round draft pick for Mike Wallace even though he was average in his first year with Miami and only a 5th round draft pick for Sanders despite his monster year in 2014 with Denver.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

As the NFL explains, compensatory picks are awarded to teams that lose more or better compensatory free agents than they acquire. The number of picks a team can receive equals the net loss of compensatory free agents, up to a maximum of four. Compensatory free agents are determined by a secret formula based on salary, playing time and postseason honors. Not every free agent lost or signed is covered by the formula.
    Although the formula has never been revealed, by studying the compensatory picks that have been awarded since they began in 1994, I’ve determined that the primary factor in the value of the picks awarded is the average annual value of the contract the player signed with his new team, with an adjustment for playing time and a smaller adjustment for postseason honors.

https://overthecap.com/the-basics-an...y-draft-picks/
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Quote Originally Posted by T&B fan View Post
    if hes not signed by the browns game , 28th , Sunday morning we should cut him and be done with the drama .
    Why would you cut a RB that is potentially one of the best in the league. If he doesn’t want to be traded great. Utilize him as much as you can to preserve Conner. It’s really not a bad problem to have and there’s really no drama surrounding it...it’s a holdout that’s gone too long...it is what it is and the team is over it.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

JC's got alot more "Splash" plays than Leave'on

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Bell made it personal and should have taken the $, but he wanted to be the big swinging dick in the locker room. It is going to cost him. That kind of stunt never works as planned.
    All Defense!