Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Le'Veon Bell reportedly plans to report to Steelers during Week 7 bye

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly plans to report to Steelers during Week 7 bye

Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    Injuries happen, having another proven running back would be good, i wouldn’t mind seeing Bell back ASAP. We’re trying to make a run for the super bowl and he can only help.

After this season, whatever happens happens
    Our chances of winning the Super Bowl have very little to do with the neuroses of one LeVeon Bell-Einstein, and everything to do with how well the defense can play.

I hate to say it, but while this looks like a decent team, I still see too many flaws for them to win a championship without a really lucky run. Like Joe Flacco a few years ago lucky, only on defense.

So far we've played a lot of games against our own division, which honestly looks like it's full of stumblebums this year. There's no real quarterback on those teams, and no real receiver except A.J. Green. How is a cobbled-together, disorganized defense going to fare against the likes of the Saints, the Rams, the Panthers or the Cheatgays? Not so well is my guess at this point, but we'll find out pretty soon. We need to be able to handle that head-on if we want to win the Super Bowl.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    DeCastro made a like remark after the game yesterday. I don’t think Bell is going to feel very welcomed if he does return. You have to wonder how the FO is thinking also, if Bell returns it may turn the entire locker room into a shitshow.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Our chances of winning the Super Bowl have very little to do with the neuroses of one LeVeon Bell-Einstein, and everything to do with how well the defense can play.

I hate to say it, but while this looks like a decent team, I still see too many flaws for them to win a championship without a really lucky run. Like Joe Flacco a few years ago lucky, only on defense.

So far we've played a lot of games against our own division, which honestly looks like it's full of stumblebums this year. There's no real quarterback on those teams, and no real receiver except A.J. Green. How is a cobbled-together, disorganized defense going to fare against the likes of the Saints, the Rams, the Panthers or the Cheatgays? Not so well is my guess at this point, but we'll find out pretty soon. We need to be able to handle that head-on if we want to win the Super Bowl.
    Our defense is not very good, but we can say the same thing about every contender in the NFL this year.

The key for this defense will be to make some key stop on 3rd down and the red zone defense.

Can this defense do it? ... I do not know, but we're going to have a better idea after the games against Newton, Rivers, Brady and Brees.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Our defense is not very good, but we can say the same thing about every contender in the NFL this year.

The key for this defense will be to make some key stop on 3rd down and the red zone defense.

Can this defense do it? ... I do not know, but we're going to have a better idea after the games against Newton, Rivers, Brady and Brees.
    no problem.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    DeCastro made a like remark after the game yesterday. I don’t think Bell is going to feel very welcomed if he does return. You have to wonder how the FO is thinking also, if Bell returns it may turn the entire locker room into a shitshow.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

"There's great MEMORIES with him." Lol

- - - Updated - - -

I put Bell's chances of returning at about 8%.

Personally, I hope he stays out. The only use for him is if Conner goes down for more than a game.

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

My take is I don’t think anybody associated with the Steelers, players...coaches....management.....and most fans, don’t want to ever see him wear a Black and Gold jersey again.

With as much prep and game time that he’s missed I think we’re living in a fantasy world if we think he would contribute substantially.

Add in the resentment and anger from his teammates and it’s a sure recipe to screw up the good team chemistry that’s developed with this year’s team and the discovery of Conner.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
    My take is I don’t think anybody associated with the Steelers, players...coaches....management.....and most fans, don’t want to ever see him wear a Black and Gold jersey again.

With as much prep and game time that he’s missed I think we’re living in a fantasy world if we think he would contribute substantially.

Add in the resentment and anger from his teammates and it’s a sure recipe to screw up the good team chemistry that’s developed with this year’s team and the discovery of Conner.
    Agreed - it was posted in another thread but this was a surprising (and obviously premediated) burn from Tomlin prior to the game yesterday

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Further adds to my theory that Bellamy be staying away because of how unsupported and awkward it will be if he returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Further adds to my theory that Bellamy be staying away because of how unsupported and awkward it will be if he returns.
    For getting paid over $800K per week I would be willing to get my feelings hurt if nobody would sit with me at lunch after I returned

But since we are dealing with Bell here I agree that his self-proclaimed stubborn streak may keep him away since it is clear his teammates are quite willing to not have to deal with him

I think you are right, I have a hard time thinking Bell is going to return.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Agreed - it was posted in another thread but this was a surprising (and obviously premediated) burn from Tomlin prior to the game yesterday

How long do you figure he workshopped that line around the house and to other coaches? I figure like 2 weeks until he got it right. Hilarious!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Lol. Imagine him walking around workshopping it in the mirror.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Lol. Imagine him walking around workshopping it in the mirror.
    Easy enough.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

With all the negativity coming from the players, and a shot from Tomlin as well, I think it's doubtful he'll show up at all.

It'll be funny if the FO decides to be a bunch of dicks about it and puts the transition tag on him next year LOL

Sounds like he’s on his way...lol.

All that deal with the players can be fixed with his attitude in the locker room, towards his teammates and on the field.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    How long do you figure he workshopped that line around the house and to other coaches? I figure like 2 weeks until he got it right. Hilarious!

The great ones can do it in one take.

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Easy enough.

One of my favorite gifs of all time.