Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Le'Veon Bell reportedly plans to report to Steelers during Week 7 bye

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly plans to report to Steelers during Week 7 bye

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    JC's got alot more "Splash" plays than Leave'on

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    Much ado about nuthin', but I feel the need to remind everyone: Franco Harris had 6 consecutive 100 yd+ games. Ponder that achievement back in the day when football was a full- on bloodsport.

Best,
    -Slashy
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Now he wants to get paid without showing up

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

What a tool.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

I don't think Bell has any cards or leverage left to play as much as he wishes he does... he either shows up week 10 or he doesn't. I think the steelers have pretty much 'let go' of the situation and have moved on. Next!
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Now he wants to get paid without showing up
    I think more like he wants to show up out of shape and get paid for not even being on the active roster. What a tool.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Bell's got a lot of nerve. What a douche canoe.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

The team doesn't have to agree to anything. You get paid when you show up.......period.

I would be shocked if they agree to what he's asking for. I know I wouldn't.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

When was the last time we saw a Pittsburgh players who was still with the team (I include the pirates and the penguins too) be unpopular as Bell is right now ... Barry Bonds?

Mike Wallace was not very popular in his last year, but not like Bell is right now ...

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Plaxico did a pretty good job of pissing people off in Pittsburgh too.

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    Plaxico did a pretty good job of pissing people off in Pittsburgh too.
    I had thought about Plaxico but I think his comments when he said that the people of Pittsburgh were racist were when he was with the giants.But Yes, Plaxico deserves consideration, same for Wallace.

- - - Updated - - -

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

So in three years will Conner be holding out?

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

No Bell today - Steelers are not pining away for him

“In our locker room we’re not even worried about it,” defensive captain Cameron Heyward said. “It’s unfair for me to even talk about him. He’ll have to answer his questions when he wants to. We’re not talking about him right now. We have the Cleveland Browns. If he joins along the way, so be it. It’s not fair to everybody in this locker room and Le’Veon himself to keep talking about him.”...

“You have to roll with what’s in front of you,” veteran offensive lineman Ramon Foster said Monday afternoon. “Right now, we just had a practice without him. Who knows, maybe we’ll see him. I haven’t talked to him, nobody has.”

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers...leveon-bell-at

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Now Bell does not want a trade? Then why hold out? He's not getting any younger or smarter.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Now Bell does not want a trade? Then why hold out? He's not getting any younger or smarter.
    If he does not sign by the trade deadline, it is obvious his endgame is to collect a paycheck for doing nothing for half the season, and we should release him at 3:59 on the deadline day or he will sign at 4:01 and we will be stuck with the bill. $7.5 million for not playing.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

Does anyone seeing any team at all signing him for what he wants?

At this point, I don't think so.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post

Well the RB coach from the other team can have him. What does it matter if Bell is the only one who can go full stop to full speed when playing. He has performed less than Conner, so its smoke and mirrors and BS, like Bell was never tackled by one tackler.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Well the RB coach from the other team can have him. What does it matter if Bell is the only one who can go full stop to full speed when playing. He has performed less than Conner, so its smoke and mirrors and BS, like Bell was never tackled by one tackler.
    Actually, it's "never tackled by the first tackler," and that's quite a bit closer to the truth. Bell most often made the first guy miss, and often times, the second and third guy as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Actually, it's "never tackled by the first tackler," and that's quite a bit closer to the truth. Bell most often made the first guy miss, and often times, the second and third guy as well.
    Thanks, but its still BS as per the RB coach's statement, "NEVER" tackled by the first tackler. Like Bell was never tackled by the first tackler. Please take him away.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post

I’m not sure about getting what he wants. But if he hits free agency healthy he’ll get a lot. And whatever it is, his agent will spin it in a way to claim victory. No matter what the results are, Bell will claim he got exactly what he wanted. If someone runs the numbers and claim his decisions cost him money, he can always fall back on “it was never about the money... it was about respect” or some other thing.

Bell will claim forever that he wanted to reset the RB market. Which he did. If there had never been any Bell saga - like if he had just agreed to long term deal the Steelers offered years ago before they had to start tagging him, Gurley would not have gotten the deal he got.

Bell will always have that PR spin in his pocket “I took the hate and the fallout all onto myself to reset the market for all of us, and I did. If I sacrificed any money or goodwill for it, so be it...” etc.

He’ll never admit to a mistake. He already has cover to claim that he achieved his

To me his greatest crime was deceiving his teammates. Everything else is just decisions he’s entitled to make based on whatever criteria he wants. He was never a problem teammate and he always played with heart.

I think he’s weird and everything, and I think he acted against my PREFERENCES. But if he the Steelers got a GREAT DEAL for what they got out of him for the money they paid.

For his rookie contract he was the best value in the NFL. He played under the conditions of a CBA he never signed. I still don’t agree with him but I don’t hate him. If he comes back the Steelers will be better off for it and we should root for him as long as he suits up and gives it his all like he always has. If he dogs it or fakes an injury... then maybe I’ll hate him.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post

Of course. Teams overpay everyday. The Cowboys just gave up a first round pick for Amari Cooper...lol.

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    If he does not sign by the trade deadline, it is obvious his endgame is to collect a paycheck for doing nothing for half the season, and we should release him at 3:59 on the deadline day or he will sign at 4:01 and we will be stuck with the bill. $7.5 million for not playing.
    They can force him to play and if he doesn’t he can be suspended for conduct detrimental to the team and hurt his value even more...same if he comes in and half asses it. All that will be on tape for other teams to see.

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    I’m not sure about getting what he wants. But if he hits free agency healthy he’ll get a lot. And whatever it is, his agent will spin it in a way to claim victory. No matter what the results are, Bell will claim he got exactly what he wanted. If someone runs the numbers and claim his decisions cost him money, he can always fall back on “it was never about the money... it was about respect” or some other thing.

Bell will claim forever that he wanted to reset the RB market. Which he did. If there had never been any Bell saga - like if he had just agreed to long term deal the Steelers offered years ago before they had to start tagging him, Gurley would not have gotten the deal he got.

Bell will always have that PR spin in his pocket “I took the hate and the fallout all onto myself to reset the market for all of us, and I did. If I sacrificed any money or goodwill for it, so be it...” etc.

He’ll never admit to a mistake. He already has cover to claim that he achieved his

To me his greatest crime was deceiving his teammates. Everything else is just decisions he’s entitled to make based on whatever criteria he wants. He was never a problem teammate and he always played with heart.

I think he’s weird and everything, and I think he acted against my PREFERENCES. But if he the Steelers got a GREAT DEAL for what they got out of him for the money they paid.

For his rookie contract he was the best value in the NFL. He played under the conditions of a CBA he never signed. I still don’t agree with him but I don’t hate him. If he comes back the Steelers will be better off for it and we should root for him as long as he suits up and gives it his all like he always has. If he dogs it or fakes an injury... then maybe I’ll hate him.
    Agree. Good post Hollywood.