Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Le'Veon Bell reportedly plans to report to Steelers during Week 7 bye

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly plans to report to Steelers during Week 7 bye

This appears to be Jason LaConfora generating his own Bell rumors and then the links above linking back to LaCanfora, which morphs his speculation into "news"

If I am the Eagles, who have been mulling the potential of a Bell trade for a while now, nothing I saw last Sunday would curb my interest. In fact, it would only heighten my desire to acquire a player of this impact given the way the defending Super Bowl champions have limped through the first quarter of the season. A year ago they stirred things up and dealt for Jay Ajayi; a Bell trade midseason this year could boost them even further.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/l...nd-more-notes/

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    This appears to be Jason LaConfora generating his own Bell rumors and then the links above linking back to LaCanfora, which morphs his speculation into "news"

If I am the Eagles, who have been mulling the potential of a Bell trade for a while now, nothing I saw last Sunday would curb my interest. In fact, it would only heighten my desire to acquire a player of this impact given the way the defending Super Bowl champions have limped through the first quarter of the season. A year ago they stirred things up and dealt for Jay Ajayi; a Bell trade midseason this year could boost them even further.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/l...nd-more-notes/

La Canfora cites league sources in this article. You may be correct, but he says he has a source. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/e...r-earl-thomas/

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    La Canfora cites league sources in this article. You may be correct, but he says he has a source. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/e...r-earl-thomas/
    I guess it depends how good your alleged league sources are - this from Adam Schefter's league sources this evening

The Philadelphia Eagles restructured the contract of Pro Bowl defensive tackle Fletcher Cox on Friday, but they will not use the added salary-cap space to trade for Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell, according to league sources.

Cox's new deal will create $6.5 million more cap space for the Eagles this season and $11.7 million more for next season.
    However, even with the newfound cap room, the Eagles have not pursued a trade for Bell and do not have plans to do so at this time, the sources said.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24934151/eagles-restructure-fletcher-cox-deal-no-plans-leveon-bell-trade

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I guess it depends how good your alleged league sources are - this from Adam Schefter's league sources this evening

The Philadelphia Eagles restructured the contract of Pro Bowl defensive tackle Fletcher Cox on Friday, but they will not use the added salary-cap space to trade for Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell, according to league sources.

Cox's new deal will create $6.5 million more cap space for the Eagles this season and $11.7 million more for next season.
    However, even with the newfound cap room, the Eagles have not pursued a trade for Bell and do not have plans to do so at this time, the sources said.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...eon-bell-trade

Interesting. I know half the world is speculating about Bell, but I hadn't seen that report from Schefter.

Who knows if La Canfora actually heard something from a source, got bad info from a source, or just plain made it up. I'm assuming that the next week or two should tell the tale if more reports surface or there is an actual trade.

Someone asked for a link to rumors of the Eagles' interest in Bell. I just posted what was out there. It wouldn't be the first time I've been duped.

Interesting. I know half the world is speculating about Bell, but I hadn't seen that report from Schefter.

Who knows if La Canfora actually heard something from a source, got bad info from a source, or just plain made it up. I'm assuming that the next week or two should tell the tale if more reports surface or there is an actual trade.

Someone asked for a link to rumors. I just posted what was out there. It wouldn't be the first time I've been duped.
    But you found it on the internet - it must be true!

Online stories cover every possibility

Eagles could be saying with a straight face they are not pursuing a trade "at this time" since Bell needs to sign his tag before they can pursue anything - restructuring Cox in October is odd

But you found it on the internet - it must be true!

Online stories cover every possibility

Eagles could be saying with a straight face they are not pursuing a trade "at this time" since Bell needs to sign his tag before they can pursue anything - restructuring Cox in October is odd

AtlantaDan laying down the law!

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Someone asked for a link to rumors of the Eagles' interest in Bell. I just posted what was out there. It wouldn't be the first time I've been duped.
    every time Laconfora says something steeler related many jump to accuse him of being loco it reminds me of this little nugget

Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Eagles have two 2nd round picks in 2019.
    Three-way trade:

Iggles get: Le’Veon Bell
    Steelers get: Haason Reddick
    Cards get: R2 pick (from Iggles)

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Three-way trade:

i'll take it

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Three-way trade:

Kevin Colbert brings the NBA to the NFL!

It makes too much sense to happen.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Kevin Colbert brings the NBA to the NFL!

It makes too much sense to happen.
    It is the rare win-win-win.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Bell doesn't wanted traded and wants to play the remainder of the season for Pitt when he comes back. Once he signs I guess it doesn't matter and he has no say in it if they trade him ?

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Bell doesn't wanted traded and wants to play the reminder of the season for Pitt when he comes back. Once he signs I guess it doesn't matter and he has no say in it if they trade him ?

his only say is limited by his return date ....

if he signs before the trade deadline they can trade him

if he waits till wk 10 they can not

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    his only say is limited by his return date ....

if he signs before the trade deadline they can trade him

if he waits till wk 10 they can not
    Thanks for explaining and he may stay out till week 10 then if this is still his mindset.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I don't know when he shows, but I seriously doubt he ever actually plays. Or plays more than a half each game.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I don't know when he shows, but I seriously doubt he ever actually plays. Or plays more than a half each game.
    Would be nice to see teams chase him around in the 1st half and then Conner run them over in the 2nd half.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Conner is 3rd in the AFC in Yards From Scrimmage - and the 2nd RB behind Gordon from LAC (119 to 116). If the Steelers stick with the running game, Conner will be #1 in the AFC by mid-season, I predict.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Gonna run the tires off Connor before season end at that pace. Almost need a high priced backup.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Gonna run the tires off Connor before season end at that pace. Almost need a high priced backup.

In a perfect world they start jumping on teams early and are able to get Ridley and Samuels some work to rest Conner.

He hasn't seen this type of work load in a while. I'd like to see him stay healthy and not wear down as the season goes on.

- - - Updated - - -

I also love the way the ground game has worked when Nix has come in as a lead blocker to pound the rock! It wouldn't be a bad idea to show that a little more and go play action off of it.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Run the tires off Conner? What are you guys talking about? Except for the Browns and Falcons, he's had like 10 rushing attempts a game.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Bell will then demand both starter and backup money for both RB and WR... x4!!!

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

The thought of a 1-2 punch with Bell and Connor late in the season sounds pretty good, but using 2 RB's isn't Tomlin's 'MO'
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    The thought of a 1-2 punch with Bell and Connor late in the season sounds pretty good, but using 2 RB's isn't Tomlin's 'MO'
    True but he's never had 2 good backs on the roster at the same time. Bettis retired after 2005 and since then it's been Willie Parker or bust. The next guys in line were Dwyer and Redman who weren't necessarily world beaters. However, if you have both Conner and Bell you HAVE to use them both. I honestly think if Bell doesn't get traded, and hits his stride by mid season, we could have a nasty 2 headed monster at RB that will be hard to deal with.

Come to think of it, there was a time Tomlin had 2 good RBs and he did use both. I remember Mewelde Moore seeing a decent amount of game time for a #2 back around 2008

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Bell most likely isn’t getting traded so Conner-Bell won’t be a terrible thing.

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    True but he's never had 2 good backs on the roster at the same time. Bettis retired after 2005 and since then it's been Willie Parker or bust. The next guys in line were Dwyer and Redman who weren't necessarily world beaters. However, if you have both Conner and Bell you HAVE to use them both. I honestly think if Bell doesn't get traded, and hits his stride by mid season, we could have a nasty 2 headed monster at RB that will be hard to deal with.

Come to think of it, there was a time Tomlin had 2 good RBs and he did use both. I remember Mewelde Moore seeing a decent amount of game time for a #2 back around 2008
    Dwill was leading the league in rushing ( well damn near 1 yard behind leader ) when Bell was suspended ... Bell returned and we rarely knew if DWill had a helmet or not so there is that

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Bell most likely isn’t getting traded so Conner-Bell won’t be a terrible thing.
    As long as Bell doesn’t mind playing second fiddle.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post

Two problems with that - first that you would have to consider Willie Parker "good." Second, that Moore came in ONLY when we were going to pass the ball, so we might as well have lined up and said "ok defense, here's what were going to do, now try and stop us," and they were like, " ok thanks, lol."

Make no mistake, if Bell came back, it would be one RB on the field the whole time and 3 touches a game max for the other one. It simply is not in Tomlin's vocabulary to use a running back combo, let alone have two on the field at once.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Two problems with that - first that you would have to consider Willie Parker "good." Second, that Moore came in ONLY when we were going to pass the ball, so we might as well have lined up and said "ok defense, here's what were going to do, now try and stop us," and they were like, " ok thanks, lol."

Make no mistake, if Bell came back, it would be one RB on the field the whole time and 3 touches a game max for the other one. It simply is not in Tomlin's vocabulary to use a running back combo, let alone have two on the field at once.
    Parker definitely was a good running back, despite the short career. However he was a bit one dimensional, dude couldn't really catch well so Moore would be there in 3rd downs. I wouldn't say Moore couldn't run the rock though, I remember him picking up quite a bit of rushing 1st downs, the guy was a chain mover.

In any case if they go with just 1 RB for the most part, it's not necessarily a bad thing. Conner proved without a doubt that he could come off the bench and produce if Bell goes down. And well if it's Bell replacing Conner, then we know what he can do.