Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Shazier's progress/recovery?

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Ryan Shazier's progress/recovery?

Any news on his recovery? I know he won't be playing anytime soon but is it looking more or less likely that he can or will make a comeback?
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Re: Ryan Shazier's progress/recovery?

From what I've been seeing, he's a beast in the weight room. He seems to believe that he will make it back on the field, else why would he work so hard? Kinda reminiscent of Rocky Bleier in 1970.

The question is whether the Steelers will keep him on the roster after this season. It might (like Bleier) take him years to make it back, and there's a good possibility it won't be with us.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

he still isnt walking normally ( and he may never ) ...

until he can walk with no visible impairment any thoughts of a comeback should be greatly tempered ..

personally I doubt he ever plays again , but I continue to hold out hope he can resume a somewhat normal life
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    he still isnt walking normally ( and he may never ) ...

until he can walk with no visible impairment any thoughts of a comeback should be greatly tempered ..

personally I doubt he ever plays again , but I continue to hold out hope he can resume a somewhat normal life
    Fuck the normal life...I hope he can play at half the talent he had...he’d be better than most of the players on defense at that level...

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Fuck the normal life...I hope he can play at half the talent he had...he’d be better than most of the players on defense at that level...

He is probably better than most at this moment.
    Hater = Realist

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

He isn't playing ever again.... you know it and I know it. I don't want him to play........... and you don't either!

I love the guy...... he was a Buckeye! But, he is NOT going to play again! Just stop it!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I want him to play.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    He isn't playing ever again.... you know it and I know it. I don't want him to play........... and you don't either!

I love the guy...... he was a Buckeye! But, he is NOT going to play again! Just stop it!
    Worry about the Raiders.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Worry about the Raiders.
    I think it is awesome that he is working so hard to reach his goals instead of feeling sorry for himself.

I have so much admiration for this man...win or lose.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Worry about the Raiders.
    Disregard this post Silver and Black. You're cool with us.
    Last edited by vasteeler; 09-29-2018 at 06:53 PM.

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

In an interview a week or two ago, he said one of his big goals at the moment was to be able to walk more on his own without the use of a cane.

You do see him doing a lot of "normal" or even physical stuff in public appearances, but you can tell it is always set up so that it's all things where he doesn't have to use his legs unsupported.

Not that there is anything wrong with wanting to live a normal life or appear that way, but let's face it, the odds of him playing professional football again are one in a million.

It's good that the organization has kept him involved with things like the scouting department and generally making it seem like he has a home with the team if that's what he wants.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

No worries here...lol.

I'm not worried about the Raiders at all.... I don't care that much. If they win or lose it doesn't change my life at all.... it's just entertainment. Not very good entertainment over the last decade+, but..............

There is nothing wrong with wanting your star player to play again. The truth is, even though he wants to play again, and a good many of you want him to play again, it probably isn't going to happen. It is a bad idea, even if he can manage to get back on the field. Everyone should happy that he's making progress toward walking and living a normal life. That is a victory in itself. I know I don't want to see him get re injured and be wheel chair bound for the rest of his life... and I'm sure none of you do, either.

I won't post about any of your players again. Shazier was a Buckeye, so I watched his whole career..... he was a special player. Just be happy you had him for while.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

No worries here...lol.

I'm not worried about the Raiders at all.... I don't care that much. If they win or lose it doesn't change my life at all.... it's just entertainment. Not very good entertainment over the last decade+, but..............

There is nothing wrong with wanting your star player to play again. The truth is, even though he wants to play again, and a good many of you want him to play again, it probably isn't going to happen. It is a bad idea, even if he can manage to get back on the field. Everyone should happy that he's making progress toward walking and living a normal life. That is a victory in itself. I know I don't want to see him get re injured and be wheel chair bound for the rest of his life... and I'm sure none of you do, either.

I won't post about any of your players again. Shazier was a Buckeye, so I watched his whole career..... he was a special player. Just be happy you had him for while.

You aren't some troll fan trying to rile everybody up. You come here to talk about football.

Sometimes it's good to hear what someone on the outside thinks about our players.

You are always welcome here S&B.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

There is nothing wrong with wanting your star player to play again. The truth is, even though he wants to play again, and a good many of you want him to play again, it probably isn't going to happen. It is a bad idea, even if he can manage to get back on the field. Everyone should happy that he's making progress toward walking and living a normal life. That is a victory in itself. I know I don't want to see him get re injured and be wheel chair bound for the rest of his life... and I'm sure none of you do, either
    S & B,
    The idea of him playing football again frankly terrifies me. I think it's a horrible idea and I wouldn't recommend it. But... Being a fan of Shay (the person), I want him to achieve whatever goals *he* decides to set for himself. If he wants to play football again, all I can do is cringe and hope he makes it back someday.

Best,
    -Slashy
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    S & B,
    The idea of him playing football again frankly terrifies me. I think it's a horrible idea and I wouldn't recommend it. But... Being a fan of Shay (the person), I want him to achieve whatever goals *he* decides to set for himself. If he wants to play football again, all I can do is cringe and hope he makes it back someday.

Best,
    -Slashy

Well said.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Speaking of linebackers ... I'm watching Chi/Tampa game on Sunday Ticket ... Mack is a beast. I wish we would have let Bell walk and traded for this guy. Could you imagine having him and Watt rushing the edges?

- - - Updated - - -

No worries here...lol.

Well, said. I get passionate about the Steelers but I'm 50 years old now. After the Steelers lose I'm pretty much dealing with my kids and life about 10 minutes later. I've had my younger years where I let it affect my life way too much. A wife, kids and life pretty much ends those days real quick.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I also wish that Mack was on the Steelers roster. But everyone remembers that even if they tried the Steelers couldn't have beaten Chicago's offer. Chicago's picks reasonably project to be far higher than Steelers.

Steelers would've had to add another 1st or multiple 2nd rounders to top the Bears offer.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

What I want and what reality is are far separated at this point. I want for Shazier to have never gotten injured. He simply cannot come back and be the player that he was. That player is why he was injured. If that player returns I believe he will get shut down by the coaches fast.

I understand the point S&B makes. I agree with that to the extent that that player is who Shazier is. His reckless attacking of the ball carrier is a thing of the past. Has to be. Therefore he cannot come back and be that same player that he was. Do we want to see him make it all the way back only to not be able to play the way he loves? I don't, that would be a disappointing, sad thing to watch once the shine of his actual return passed. In my heart I want what Shazier wants, I am just honest enough with myself to realize just can't happen.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    Disregard this post Silver and Black. You're cool with us.
    I never said he wasn't cool. But he also doesn't need to wizz on Shazier's dream. The comment was disrespectful to Shazier. We can hold out hope for dope heads like Bryant and Gordon to come back so until a good man like Shazier says he's done I'll keep my hopes and prayers pulling for him.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

I never said he wasn't cool. But he also doesn't need to wizz on Shazier's dream. The comment was disrespectful to Shazier. We can hold out hope for dope heads like Bryant and Gordon to come back so until a good man like Shazier says he's done I'll keep my hopes and prayers pulling for him.
    No offense...it just came across as kind of dickish. In no way was he being disrespectful to RS

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    No offense...it just came across as kind of dickish. In no way was he being disrespectful to RS
    I took it that way. Just seemed real flippant. I still have hope.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

I consider everyone in this thread a friend.

Words on a screen sometimes come across different than intended.

However, despite our friendship S&B, f*ck the Raiders!

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post

Indeed. No ill will intended by me.

Duly noted!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Except today. Congrats for beating the Stains, S&B.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

After watching the current team take the field I don't think he is any hurry if ever to return.
    All Defense!

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    After watching the current team take the field I don't think he is any hurry if ever to return.
    He would be an upgrade now.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Shalieve

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Shalieve
    Amen, brother. His glass is overflowing. What an inspiration.