Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ryan Shazier's progress/recovery?

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Re: Ryan Shazier's progress/recovery?

Shamazing.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Well that's incredible. Light years from where he was in the summer. I'm glad I only said it was a one-in-a-million chance for him to play again, and didn't say I'd eat dogshit or anything.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

His stability is incredible.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Fantastic!

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

NFL Comeback player of the year 2020 #Shalieve

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

That is amazing. I sure never thought he could ever play again. I don't think he should, but if that is what he wants, I'll be rooting for him.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I don’t think many thought he would be doing deadlifts...that’s not easy...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    That is amazing. I sure never thought he could ever play again. I don't think he should, but if that is what he wants, I'll be rooting for him.
    I'm not gonna lie, I'd worry about his health if he came back. But if he wants to play and the doctors clear him, who's to stop him. I just hope if that happens he cleans up his tackling technique that caused it.

Very happy for him right now though, with him jogging and doing deadlifts, he's pretty much near the point of being able to live a normal life. But I know he wants more than that.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I don’t think many thought he would be doing deadlifts...that’s not easy...lol
    I don't mess with them anymore cause of my age. That is pretty amazing for him. Gotta love his spirit!

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

The selfish part of me wants him to play again for us.

Then the realistic side realizes ...

A) He won't be as good because of age and the injury.
    B) He could easily damage his back/spine again and this time NEVER walk (or even worse).

B) is the scariest thing and I hope whatever he choose it never happens. At this point it's completely up to him.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Shazier's progress and determination is astounding and heart-warming to see. But jogging and deadlifting are just so darn far from playing in the NFL.

In 2020 he would be a 28 year old at the start of the season who would be over 2 seasons removed from playing at any level, let alone at the highest level.

If the docs say he can go and Shazier and his family decide to try for it, I will root really hard for him and I hope the Steelers give him a real chance. But I still do not see how this will happen. I sincerely hope that Shazier returns to the team but as a coach or scout and climbs the ladder that way.

Regardless I will continue to root for this guy and wish him all the best!