Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Game 3 vs. Tampa Bay game ball

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: Game 3 vs. Tampa Bay game ball

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Apparently ESPN decided that since Romo was a clean cut guy who got the ball on offense for the Cowboys and Witten was a clean cut guy who got the ball on offense for the Cowboys they were twins. So Witten would knock it out of the park as the #1 NFL analyst for the network just like Romo did even though neither guy held an analyst's or other announcer's job before

Sounds like a can't miss plan to me

I lost it when they pretty much ignored the game midway through the 4th quarter to put Booger and Witten on camera (yet again) to deliver scalding hot takes about Bell not reporting - clear they had worked on that in game prep and were determined to get it in

Add the esoteric camera angles of on the field coverage to the mix (they pretty much missed the Switzer TD to end the first half) and it was tough to watch
    Without provocation from me, my 12-year-old son kept yelling, "What are they doing?!" and "Just show the game!" I think they might need to show that crap to some focus groups in order to get a handle on this before long........

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I know you want to turn every thread into “this defense sucks”, thread......but this the “GAME BALL” thread.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    I know you want to turn every thread into “this defense sucks”, thread......but this the “GAME BALL” thread.
    It's not my goal and I thought it was a thread about the best and worst players in yesterday's game .....

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

It's not my goal and I thought it was a thread about the best and worst players in yesterday's game .....
    That’s not what I got from that.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Would Mr. Grigsby be referring to the two players they've drafted higher than the 3rd round in the last, what, five years?

How many secondaries that would meet the refined standards of this Twitter expert feature multiple first round picks? For instance the Vikings were featuring three prior to Waynes getting hurt. The Packers roll out at least 3 not counting the few they cut.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Would Mr. Grigsby be referring to the two players they've drafted higher than the 3rd round in the last, what, five years?

How many secondaries that would meet the refined standards of this Twitter expert feature multiple first round picks? For instance the Vikings were featuring three prior to Waynes getting hurt. The Packers roll out at least 3 not counting the few they cut.
    I think he is referring to Burns and Davis, but honestly Davis is starting to look like a very good safety so far this year. Burns on the other hand I will stand by my evaluation from 3 years ago....."great athlete, long arms and stick hands. lousy technique, cheats off his WR and peeks at QB to try and jump on routes and get INT, but cant do that in the NFL". I personally thought Kendall Fuller and Mackenzie Alexander were better players but not boundary CB's.

IMO, Steelers need to draft " football players" that will come to work and I think Edmunds, Watt, James Washington, James Connor and others fit that mold. Not sure about Burns.

As for game balls, sure Ben, JuJu and that front 7 applied some pressure..... but how about that depleted O line that started Pouncey and 4UDFA's?? Those guys are not top 3 round picks, they are "Football Players that come to work hard every day".

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    I think he is referring to Burns and Davis, but honestly Davis is starting to look like a very good safety so far this year. Burns on the other hand I will stand by my evaluation from 3 years ago....."great athlete, long arms and stick hands. lousy technique, cheats off his WR and peeks at QB to try and jump on routes and get INT, but cant do that in the NFL". I personally thought Kendall Fuller and Mackenzie Alexander were better players but not boundary CB's.

IMO, Steelers need to draft " football players" that will come to work and I think Edmunds, Watt, James Washington, James Connor and others fit that mold. Not sure about Burns.

As for game balls, sure Ben, JuJu and that front 7 applied some pressure..... but how about that depleted O line that started Pouncey and 4UDFA's?? Those guys are not top 3 round picks, they are "Football Players that come to work hard every day".
    I agree. My only point was the only DBs they've not developed were late round picks and the two you highlighted. Not exactly a bumper crop of prospects.

These Twitter takes are just getting ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I agree. My only point was the only DBs they've not developed were late round picks and the two you highlighted. Not exactly a bumper crop of prospects.

These Twitter takes are just getting ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    they have been ridiculous for a while.

I don't get the whole "this franchise cant elevate secondary talent" notion. Burns is an athlete, not a talented CB. Davis is a big CB that converted to Safety and IMO, the presence of another non-talented player in Mike Mitchell was in his way of improvement. Golson was just injured all the time, but talented. IMO, Sutton, Hilton are talented and work at the game. Hayden is a flat out professional. Burns is athleticism without either work ethic or discipline to improve at the craft.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    they have been ridiculous for a while.

I don't get the whole "this franchise cant elevate secondary talent" notion. Burns is an athlete, not a talented CB. Davis is a big CB that converted to Safety and IMO, the presence of another non-talented player in Mike Mitchell was in his way of improvement. Golson was just injured all the time, but talented. IMO, Sutton, Hilton are talented and work at the game. Hayden is a flat out professional. Burns is athleticism without either work ethic or discipline to improve at the craft.
    Yeah. Burns is like maybe 24 years old. Sports have likely almost always easy for him. Now it is not a breeze. Has to decide if he wants to make the changes necessary to become a football player. Ike Taylor did it by working his ass off. It can be done, but will be Burns get his head squared away?

Doubt it. But he's young enough to still have the light bulb go off.