Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chris Boswell Watch Thread

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: Chris Boswell Watch Thread

If he were dropping passes or missing tackles we already have 5-10 threads on here why he must be replaced and soon. Missing FGs is one thing. Missing PAs is completely different. Just saying, if Boz was hitting these kicks our record would be 2-2. Doesn't seem like much today but let's see what that 1 win means come December.

Senior Member Array title="Steelerchad is a jewel in the rough">

Boswell has been atrocious. He's 3-6 on FG's with no makes over 39 yards. All 3 of his misses are in the 40's, so he hasn't even attempted a 50 yard FG. He's 14-17 on extra points. Extra points used to be 99%, since moving it back they are 94%. Boswell is currently 84%. He has the Yipps right now and that unfortunately is more mental than anything. Once a kicker loses his confidence, they more often than not, don't recover. He will miss a big kick that costs us an important game late in the season I'm afraid. If he doesn't have a perfect game next week in Cincy, I bring in another to tryout during the bye week.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Problem is that you kinda have to let Boswell kick through this. The available options are out there because they were almost all cut for missing kicks more often than Boswell is.

Around the league many established and highly regarded kickers are just terrible. Crosby missed 5 today. Bailey just missed one after he was brought in because the Vikes prized rookie couldn't hit the broadside of a barn.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Seems lots of kickers are crap this year for some reason. If the Browns had a decent kicker they would be at least 4-1. Mason Crosby was total crap show today.

Boz will cost us a game this year, but at our current rate of winning I doubt it'll mean much

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Problem is that you kinda have to let Boswell kick through this. The available options are out there because they were almost all cut for missing kicks more often than Boswell is.

Around the league many established and highly regarded kickers are just terrible. Crosby missed 5 today. Bailey just missed one after he was brought in because the Vikes prized rookie couldn't hit the broadside of a barn.
    Exactly, this guy was money in the bank for a few years, you don't just go south all of a sudden. He'll get back to where he was.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Exactly, this guy was money in the bank for a few years, you don't just go south all of a sudden. He'll get back to where he was.
    The YIPs is real. How much rope does he get is the question.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    The YIPs is real. How much rope does he get is the question.

Good question. How much rope do other players & coaches get?

Good question. How much rope do other players & coaches get?
    I disagree though. Boz has 1 job. The other coaches and players are a bit more complicated. If your kicker isn't making his kicks how much rope do you give him? Not saying Boz has the YIPs, just saying he has been terrible at doing the one thing he's being paid to do. Not doing it poorly mind you, not doing it well at all. I give him through the bye week. If he misses again against the Bengals I think I look for somebody to try out.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Jeff Reed was money for years until he missed several FG attempts in a loss early in the botched 2009 “unleash hell” season(against the Bears I recall) and was gone midway through the 2010 season

Boz does not have appear to have Reed’s anger management/alcohol abuse issues but it can blow up quickly for a kicker

I disagree though. Boz has 1 job. The other coaches and players are a bit more complicated. If your kicker isn't making his kicks how much rope do you give him? Not saying Boz has the YIPs, just saying he has been terrible at doing the one thing he's being paid to do. Not doing it poorly mind you, not doing it well at all. I give him through the bye week. If he misses again against the Bengals I think I look for somebody to try out.

Right, communicate and tackle the guy with the ball. We can trade him for the Brown's kicker.

Right, communicate and tackle the guy with the ball.
    Which is apparently very complicated.

Which is apparently very complicated.

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

I'm sure the fact that boz just signed a fat, new contract (for a kicker) complicates things as far as cutting home is concerned.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecoat96 View Post
    I'm sure the fact that boz just signed a fat, new contract (for a kicker) complicates things as far as cutting home is concerned.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    4 year contract with $6 million signing bonus - if they let him go the $$$ saved by Bell not reporting covers a big chunk of dead money on the guaranteed bonus

why does it seem that every time you pay someone the big bucks they go in the shitter.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

The Boz has definitely been a massive disappointment. Shades of Skippy Reed in 2010

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerchad View Post
    why does it seem that every time you pay someone the big bucks they go in the shitter.
    You mean like AB

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    Seems lots of kickers are crap this year for some reason. If the Browns had a decent kicker they would be at least 4-1. Mason Crosby was total crap show today.

Boz will cost us a game this year, but at our current rate of winning I doubt it'll mean much

Technically, he already has.

He missed the game-winning FG against the Browns.

He left 4 points on the field against the Chiefs, which could have changed the end of that game.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    You mean like AB
    Or Big Ben

With that said it's frustrating to see Boz do this. He's only got one job which is to make the damn kicks, which he's been doing for years. He's still a young guy so why he's falling off is pretty mysterious. I honestly think he's hiding an injury a la scobee, hopefully he can right whatever's wrong before near the end of the season cause wins will start getting more critical. Can't afford to lose games that should have been won because of missed FG's or XPs

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Maybe he needs to go back to keeping his money in the bank. Keeping that big wad in his Costanza wallet is clearly throwing his balance off right now.

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Yeah hopefully he gets his act together before he cost the Steelers a win.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Technically, he already has.

He missed the game-winning FG against the Browns.

He left 4 points on the field against the Chiefs, which could have changed the end of that game.
    Yeah. I didn't really think about it but it's been bad. On a side note Mason Crosby killed my fantasy game this week

Merry Christmas

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

It's not just Boz. Kickers in general suck this year. For what ever reason.

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

May have to change if he doesn't shape up in a couple games.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    You mean like AB
    No. I mean like Lamar Woodley.