Thread: This says it all !

analyst69

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Re: This says it all !

Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

I said in another thread that the Super Bowl window shut on this squad last January. This season is merely the subsequent ugly fallout. Their great offense and big talk has gotten them nothing. It sure earned them a lot of playoff exits though.

The Steelers won't return to their championship ways until they clear out the divas and the egos from that locker room. Bryant is gone, Bell is on his way out, and AB has to follow suit. Yes, that even includes Ben.

analyst69

I don't blame Antonio Brown. He puts a thousand percent in on the practice fields and offseason and wants to be the very best at his position. You think it doesn't bother him to see his quarterback only practicing one full day at Camp then a half a day then another day off? Ben took 2 days off this week over his bruised elbow? But then comes out in attempts 60 passes? The guy was never hurt, even Antonio Brown knows this!

Member Array title="Skinart82 is an unknown quantity at this point">

Um, you see that diving TD Ben had....that's not ego, that's the will to win. You're nuts if you think Ben and his "ego" need to go.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

The problem is mostly coaching. IMO, Tomlin wants mostly splash players with a me-attitude. What you need are mostly fundamentally strong players with a team concept. Where are the Townsends, Heath Millers, Aaron Smiths, Tunch Ilkins, Carnell Lakes...and so on? I am not saying there aren't fundamentally sound players on the team, but there don't seem to be many. The defense is mostly made up of players wanting to taunt and dance rather than focusing on their job for the entire game. What happened to making the tackle and then focusing on the next play? Also, where is the discipline? These are veterans playing like high-schoolers. That's on Tomlin.

I would trade Brown. Get something for him before it's too late. The guy is good, but he is also a distraction. I believe BR will force throws to him so he doesn't have to hear his bratty tantrums. Then again with Tomlin as the HC I doubt it would do any good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by analyst69 View Post
    I don't blame Antonio Brown. He puts a thousand percent in on the practice fields and offseason and wants to be the very best at his position. You think it doesn't bother him to see his quarterback only practicing one full day at Camp then a half a day then another day off? Ben took 2 days off this week over his bruised elbow? But then comes out in attempts 60 passes? The guy was never hurt, even Antonio Brown knows this!
    How do you know if he was never hurt? Perhaps if he didn't rest his arm he wouldn't have been able to throw 60 times on Sunday.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    The problem is mostly coaching. IMO, Tomlin wants mostly splash players with a me-attitude. What you need are mostly fundamentally strong players with a team concept. Where are the Townsends, Heath Millers, Aaron Smiths, Tunch Ilkins, Carnell Lakes...and so on? I am not saying there aren't fundamentally sound players on the team, but there don't seem to be many. The defense is mostly made up of players wanting to taunt and dance rather than focusing on their job for the entire game. What happened to making the tackle and then focusing on the next play? Also, where is the discipline? These are veterans playing like high-schoolers. That's on Tomlin.

I would trade Brown. Get something for him before it's too late. The guy is good, but he is also a distraction. I believe BR will force throws to him so he doesn't have to hear his bratty tantrums. Then again with Tomlin as the HC I doubt it would do any good.
    I agree with everything you have said except for trading Brown. I just don't see that ever happening or even being considered IMO.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Cam Heyward. Javon Hargrave. Stephon Tuitt. VW. Bostic. Watt. There is 6 out of the starting 11 on defense.

The entire offense excepting AB.

All those players to 10+6=16 out of 22 players appear to be largely fundamentally sound and not prone to dancing. Some of them are not that good at football, but that wasn't the point right?

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

that was anal ... yst69 .....

a slow footed QB who risks it all to run into the end zone for the sake of the team , without grandstanding ... who could EASILY have had an outburst over brown cutting off his route TWICE last week one costing them a TD ... but yea lets blame THAT GUY ...while the real and true diva is the one having a tantrum on the sidelines while Jesse James nearly doubles his production with half the targets ....

Brown needs to check that fricking ego at the door or not walk through it IMO

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

I stopped reading at "trade Brown"...really!?
    I will never learn to stay away from here after a loss.

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Well there is a disturbing level of on-field discipline this year tbh. Antonio on the sidelines, and Artie Burns ripping off his helmet last week. A lot of people have been saying it over the years, but I think we're witnessing it come to a head right now, or will be soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    Nobody said that, it was AB responding to a fan on twitter saying "trade me then", when he said AB is lucky he's had his career with Ben and wouldn't put up the same stats without him

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Well there is a disturbing level of on-field discipline this year tbh. Antonio on the sidelines, and Artie Burns ripping off his helmet last week. A lot of people have been saying it over the years, but I think we're witnessing it come to a head right now, or will be soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody said that, it was AB responding to a fan on twitter saying "trade me then", when he said AB is lucky he's had his career with Ben and wouldn't put up the same stats without him
    4th post above mine says...i would trade brown

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    I said in another thread that the Super Bowl window shut on this squad last January. This season is merely the subsequent ugly fallout. Their great offense and big talk has gotten them nothing. It sure earned them a lot of playoff exits though.

The Steelers won't return to their championship ways until they clear out the divas and the egos from that locker room. Bryant is gone, Bell is on his way out, and AB has to follow suit. Yes, that even includes Ben.
    Their great offense is not all talk. If anyone noticed they put up 37 points and 21 points in a driving rain storm the week before plus 42 points in a playoff loss.

I think the offense has earned a little "talk" swagger considering our defense couldn't stop an 8th grade team at this point. Jesus if our defense played just half better we make the Superbowl last year (and probably win it) and are 2-0 right now.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    Their great offense is not all talk. If anyone noticed they put up 37 points and 21 points in a driving rain storm the week before plus 42 points in a playoff loss.

I think the offense has earned a little "talk" swagger considering our defense couldn't stop an 8th grade team at this point. Jesus if our defense played just half better we make the Superbowl last year (and probably win it) and are 2-0 right now.
    Hey I wonder when they'll figure out if Butler's strategy of calling 2 defenses at once isn't working. Maybe he thinks 2 is better than 1 or something?

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    I agree with everything you have said except for trading Brown. I just don't see that ever happening or even being considered IMO.
    Brown made a comment about being traded on his Twitter. It was more in a reference to if he could succeed on another team without BR. Either way he shouldn't say things like that.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    Brown made a comment about being traded on his Twitter. It was more in a reference to if he could succeed on another team without BR. Either way he shouldn't say things like that.
    Yeah, it certainly isn't going to help him at this point. Sometimes your silence can be deafening.

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    You have to look at all possibilities. You can't have tunnel vision.

Are you saying you wouldn't trade AB for anything? Most players are expendable, especially for the right cost. AB is in his ninth year and has shown to be a cancer to team cohesiveness. Yes, he is still a good WR with 3 or so years left on his tires, but he isn't immune to being traded. I'm' not saying trade him for a bag of chips.

Remember people saying never trade Bell? Funny how that changed due to his attitude.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="Neversatisfied has a spectacular aura about">

This team needs 2 things to get going in the right direction.
    1. Veteran leadership
    2. A change in the locker room culture.
    Mike Tomlin has allowed the Steelers to become a disorganized,unprepared circus both during the week and on game day.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post

42 points after falling behind 28-7 and having to play catchup all game and two bad turnovers by Ben. BTW, the Steelers still lost the game. It goes like Clockwork. The Steelers play like absolute dogshit and fall behind early, here comes Super Ben to the "rescue" the team all of a sudden. The Steelers fall short in the end, Ben looks like a hero while the rest of the team gets thrown under the bus.

What people don't talk about in that playoff game is Ben's INT that gave Jacksonville a short field, and then the Fumble-Six by Telvin Smith.

Same thing Sunday. Play like shit for a quarter, fall behind by a big deficit, come back to tie the game, Steelers fall short but Ben looks like a hero, while the rest of the team gets thrown under the bus. "Get this man a Defense" they say, despite contributing to the teams' early hole. Referee intervention also erased another horrendous turnover by Ben that lead to a touchdown and a 28-0 lead for KC. Convenient memory that doesn't match the narrative.

Naw, that didn't happen! "BEN IS TEH GREATEST QB IN THE WORLD!!!!1111 HE IS HOFFER AND WILL TAEK THE STEELERS TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!!111 FIAR TOMLIN!!!1111"

Some may fall for this BS, but I don't.

I don't even going to bother mentioning the other playoff games the "great offense" had.

Ugh...this thread

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

How many QBs do you think are better than Ben by the way?

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I have found anal yst 69 and his theme song

analyst69

Your nuts Ben has to be the hero ! Your comments are FAKE NEWS !

Your nuts Ben has to be the hero ! Your comments are FAKE NEWS !