Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Antonio Brown Clearly Not Right Physically Or Mentally To Start 2018 Season

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

Re: Antonio Brown Clearly Not Right Physically Or Mentally To Start 2018 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    little timeline for my reasoning to call Brown a douche and a dickhead of a human being ....
    Yes, I get it. Does AB do some not so smart things sometimes? Sure, we all do. AB has his reasons for doing some of the things he does, he has that right. Just like you have a right to call him a douche and a dickhead. In his mind, his actions are justified, just as yours are justified in your mind.

Neither one of you are right because neither one of you are wrong. You can't call AB wrong subjectively. You can only do it objectively from your perspective which is outside of his. You are on the outside looking in and have no idea of what his thoughts are and you project automatically (everyone does this) what you would do in that situation, which is why you think his actions are wrong. Just because you would do something different it doesn't make him wrong. He is probably more frustrated at all of this than you are. The difference between you and him is he is one person defending himself to millions, and you are one of millions ridiculing him for something you really don't know anything about. He cannot win. Publicly calling him a douche isn't going to help him at all and is just volleying forward that negativity and nobody needs that.

And we all do that from time to time. I understand. I get it because I do it sometimes too. I just did it with you.

His generation is different from yours. His upbringing is different from yours. His perspective of life is different from yours. His is not better just as yours is not better. They are only different.

It is much easier to adjust your thinking to your environment than to expect your environment to adjust to your thinking.

I do apologize to you as well.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Pretty well stated above. I personally struggle with the need to judge these guys as human beings. I could not possibly care less. I have all the friends and role models I will ever need. I just need these guys to play well on Sundays and stay out of jail. It would be nice if they were good people too, but not something I lose sleep over.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

To answer an earlier question:

If we win the Super Bowl, I’d be fine with trading AB. He’s a generational type of player, but (for those of us old enough to remember) so was Hershel Walker.

1. Win Super Bowl.
    2. Trade AB to the team with the #1 overall pick.
    3. Acquire their R1 and R2 picks.
    4. Draft Ed Oliver or Nick Bosa.***
    4-a. Play more 4-3.
    5. At 32, BPA at CB
    6. At 33, BPA at ILB

***Or, draft Justin Herbert***

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

I wouldn't trade AB for anything unless he would really want out like Bell. I would want as much as The Raiders got for Mack then.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    I wouldn't trade AB for anything unless he would really want out like Bell. I would want as much as The Raiders got for Mack then.
    The #1 overall pick alone is probably worth it. I love AB. He’s the best receiver I’ve ever seen (and I grew up idolizing Jerry Rice). But, if I could get two high draft picks to fix this defense, I’d do it.

As someone here would say:
    D wins championships.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    The #1 overall pick alone is probably worth it. I love AB. He’s the best receiver I’ve ever seen (and I grew up idolizing Jerry Rice). But, if I could get two high draft picks to fix this defense, I’d do it.

As someone here would say:
    D wins championships.
    but that's the risk, you might draft Cam Heyward and T J Watt or Artie Burns and Bud Dupree...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    but that's the risk, you might draft Cam Heyward and T J Watt or Artie Burns and Bud Dupree...
    Exactly. And why give up one of the most talented players in the league to take that risk? No thanks.

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    It’s a calculated risk.

After year 10 in the NFL, the numbers for receivers drop off of a cliff. Megatron retired after 9 seasons; so, we don’t really know if he would have seen a decline. Jerry Rice (the only receiver I could find with good numbers in his 30s) had 11 good seasons, then an off year, then a good one, then two off...

As I’ve iterated: AB is the best WR I’ve seen. But, if we win the Super Bowl, I’d bet on Ben retiring... and we’d be in rebuild mode. Also, just like the early years with Ben and/or during the Legion of Boom years (or, even Cowher’s teams of the 90s) have a young and/or cheap QB... and use your extra cap space to load up on defense. If AB could bring a blue chip defensive player (possibly two) it’d be worth the risk.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

and the pot thickens .... more drama from the master Diva

Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

coming up in just a few Mins .. Tomlins presser https://www.steelers.com/video/live-...ess-conference

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Thanks for the memories

beware of false prophets ..................

cancer can show up in many forms and often times it can be one of your best players ...

T.O.
    Moss
    AB ?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

and the pot thickens .... more drama from the master Diva

Tomlin wasn’t there either. Is Monday a mandatory facility day?

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    monday is film study /breakdown day and meetings ...

tuesday is a normal off day

wednesday back to work and game plan for the next opponent

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Tomlin was not available to media yesterday - just a wild guess Tomlin was in the building

As Dwinsgame posted, Dulac article said Monday is meetings and film review

Thanks for the memories

AB has a choice to make IMO ... get on the moving train or stay at the station and wait for another train ....

this team has to many issues to allow him to be 1 more in that long list ... sure he is a great player but he is also a detriment to the team ...

team is not spelled MEMEME-AB-MEME-AB-MEME-Bell-MEMEME....

Trade his ass for a pair of 1's ..... contact Bell tell him to get his ass in sign the tag and we will give him a trade and see if it works if it does trade his ass too and then hold a team meeting and say ok who wants to be NEXT ?

These are our new expectations get on board or come to my office and formally request a trade ...

get rid of the headaches or make them check the attitude at the door

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I really cant defend this, show up for work! Also Tomlin is losing control of the locker room

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I really like how everyone gets on the team for being dramatic and airing their laundry in public view. Then when Tomlin basically says, "Yeah, I aint telling any of you all family business" everyone freaks out and assumes it is because he is helping AB bury a body.

"Not going to get into the details of why he wasn’t here, whether he was excused and all those things. I’m going to leave those things in-house.”
    https://steelersdepot.com/2018/09/to...t-was-excused/

You all may as well be teenage girls passing notes at lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I really like how everyone gets on the team for being dramatic and airing their laundry in public view. Then when Tomlin basically says, "Yeah, I aint telling any of you all family business" everyone freaks out and assumes it is because he is helping AB bury a body.

"Not going to get into the details of why he wasn’t here, whether he was excused and all those things. I’m going to leave those things in-house.”

This is what the whole team should be doing. Burying the body together. Ben summed it up best with his comments in regards to social media.

This is what the whole team should be doing. Burying the body together. Ben summed it up best with his comments in regards to social media.
    Which were?

Which were?
    Don’t do it.

That’s his policy.

no guess work needed ... by Tomlin saying I am not going to tell you if it was excused or not but I plan on talking to him about it today SCREAMS it was not excused or he would not need to have a conversation with him about it on an off day

Also went in to say that players get in trouble when they respond to the mentions.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

PRACTICE? Not the game, not the game, that, AB plays every one like it's his last, we talkin bout practice man

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    PRACTICE? Not the game, not the game, that, AB plays every one like it's his last, we talkin bout practice man
    Mandatory ......
    not voluntary ............

Team ... not MEMEME-AB-MEMEME

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    If Rosenhaus is not just bullshitting, Tomlin did not do any favors for Brown by not saying it was a personal matter during the press conference

Screaming at coaches, then sitting with the kickers on the bench, and walking away after Ben scores a TD is "encouraging his coaches and teammates to win"

Got it

Bouchette has his suspicions on the "personal matter" but since Brown has called Ed B. a racist I guess he is biased

Rosenhaus said he informed team of AB missing for personal mater, Tomlin seemed to have no idea… Who is telling the truth?

Ed Bouchette - Sounds like Rosenhaus covering up for someone.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201809180131
    Last edited by AtlantaDan; 09-18-2018 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Added Bouchette chat comment
    Thanks for the memories

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

These threads are all becoming part of the same joke.

Since Sunday, today being Tuesday, I have seen....

Ben sucks
    Trade AB
    Fire Tomlin
    Fire Fichtner
    Fire Butler
    Fire Porter
    Fire Smith
    Replace the punter
    Dupree sucks
    Burns sucks
    Cut Davis (I said replace this offseason too)
    Bostic is terrible
    Burnett is either hurt or terrible
    Edmunds looks lost and is terrible
    Sutton sucks
    Hilton is too short
    Conner has proven we don't need Bell

You guys have almost convinced me there is no chance to win a game this season. But then I remember the past 40 years and that it's not how you start the season but how you finish that is important. Until we get mathematically eliminated from the playoffs I still have sights on the SB. Seasons are weird and take many turns you don't see coming.

Don’t do it.

That’s his policy.
    Also went in to say that players get in trouble when they respond to the mentions.
    Shocklingly reasonable and responsible policy. Too bad not many will follow it.

I think fans past a certain age can not really fathom how and why players under a certain age feel the almost instinctual need to social media everything.

They've done studies and have demonstrated that social media works like a drug on your dopamine (pleasure/reward centers) brain structures same as an addictive narcotic. It was designed that way. Any surprise that egocentric individuals gravitate towards that?

Also, I work almost daily with young people half my age. It is staggering to see how differently we approach and view social media. Things that I find invasive and totally out of bounds they view as legitimate items to share.