Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Antonio Brown Clearly Not Right Physically Or Mentally To Start 2018 Season

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Antonio Brown Clearly Not Right Physically Or Mentally To Start 2018 Season

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Why is it a "tantrum" with AB, but it's "dogged competitiveness" whenever Brady throws a shitfit (much more frequently) on the sideline?

AB wants a ring, his work ethic screams it, his team (so far) is FUBARing another chance at one and he's frustrated. It's understandable. You think he doesn't realize that the window of opportunity slams shut when Roethlisberger finally hangs them up?
    If he wasn’t throwing a tantrum I’d be more worried. He’s the best player on the team and they are barely getting him involved. ..the DBs of the Browns and. Briefs combined aren’t talented enough to remove AB from a game plan like he’s been...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

May be frustrated as to how much his mysterious injury is impacting his ability to make a play.
    To me it looked like he couldn't turn it on and separate from the defender after a couple of catches today.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    The Steelers' Super Bowl window slammed shut on January 14, 2018. 2017 was these current Steelers' last shot. They went all in last year and failed. This is merely the decline afterwards while Ben plays out the string. The AFC has gotten better, and the Steelers have gotten weaker both on Offense with a diva RB on the wrong side of 25 in the middle of a holdout and has an increasingly putrid defense that can't stop anyone. There is nothing championship-caliber or even playoff-worthy about this team. Maybe 8-8 or something so we can keep saying Tomlin never had a losing season.

I predicted that this season was going to be weak, people didn't believe me and so far its playing out like I expected. This is the beginning of the end of the current Steelers era, just like 1980 was the end of the 70's Steelers.

Don't be surprised to see this group fade and enter transition phase for the next few years.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

He’s probably just distracted by Leveon Bell holdout and Tomlins bad coaching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    AB is fine. Once, or if they start winning everything will be back to normal.

Kinda disappointed no one else was flipping out on the sidelines tbh, someone needs to show heart with frustration.
    Exactly. I want to see that they care. Those are the guys with their hearts in it and I will take that any day over talent. I don't see it as them being a diva, I see it as them wanting to be the ones to be USED to get the team back in it. They are saying, "I CAN DO THIS, GET ME THE BALL" and "USE ME".

Did anyone see AB complaining when he only had 4 catches in a victory? Of course not. Pay attention.

There are leaders and there are followers. Those guys are leaders. In a difficult situation I would rather an AB that has no doubt in himself than someone in the huddle secretly saying to himself "not me, please not me, not here, not right now". AB KNOWS he can do it. The other player THINKS HE MIGHT BE ABLE TO. There is a huge difference in performance there.

Would you have a contractor build you a house if he says "I might be able to"? No, you go to one that KNOWS he can.

And some fans want them to shut up. If anything, those fans need to shut up.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Then there was "Suddenness and Glide" Lakelander. He loved him some Ike Redman!

It's a shame SF went offline - there were so many threads that were absolute comedy gold.

We had so much fun at that place, it should be against the law!

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

And these are many of the same folks who want Tom ".531" Coughlin to replace Tomlin.
    Well, in their defense, Coughlin does seem to be the Patriots' kryptonite.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Thanks FS, I just spit out my coffee.
    The best was the close-up on the dog and the canned laughter. LOL.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post
    Exactly. I want to see that they care. Those are the guys with their hearts in it and I will take that any day over talent. I don't see it as them being a diva, I see it as them wanting to be the ones to be USED to get the team back in it. They are saying, "I CAN DO THIS, GET ME THE BALL" and "USE ME".

Did anyone see AB complaining when he only had 4 catches in a victory? Of course not. Pay attention.

There are leaders and there are followers. Those guys are leaders. In a difficult situation I would rather an AB that has no doubt in himself than someone in the huddle secretly saying to himself "not me, please not me, not here, not right now". AB KNOWS he can do it. The other player THINKS HE MIGHT BE ABLE TO. There is a huge difference in performance there.

Would you have a contractor build you a house if he says "I might be able to"? No, you go to one that KNOWS he can.

And some fans want them to shut up. If anything, those fans need to shut up.
    These are all very valid points. I'd be pissy too If I were in that same position.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

I have defended this guy long enough ... he is a douche and a dickhead of a human being

and maybe just maybe we would be better off without him if we could snag a couple top flight draft picks for him

Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

I have defended this guy long enough ... he is a douche and a dickhead of a human being

and maybe just maybe we would be better off without him if we could snag a couple top flight draft picks for him

Ryan Scarpino, the tweeter that triggered AB, was a Steelers PR guy through 2017 -Scarpino presumably saw his fair share of AB acting out

Listening to Bouchette on Pittsburgh sports radio this morning on my drive to the airport - Bouchette said the AB tantrums are seen as a bad influence on younger players, notably JuJu

No way AB likes JuJu filling up the stat sheet over him
    Thanks for the memories

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

It was in response to some moron who formerly worked in Steelers PR saying that AB wouldn't be anything without Ben.

Not sure, I'm ready to slam a guy for defending his talent.

To be clear, 3 things I have just read in the past 35 seconds indicate it was NOT a trade request or a shot across the bow at the coaching staff or the current QB. It was a social media slap fight between AB and some rando.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    It was in response to some moron who formerly worked in Steelers PR saying that AB wouldn't be anything without Ben.

Not sure, I'm ready to slam a guy for defending his talent.

To be clear, 3 things I have just read in the past 35 seconds indicate it was NOT a trade request or a shot across the bow at the coaching staff or the current QB. It was a social media slap fight between AB and some rando.
    truth be told " that moron" is kind of right ...

AB was a bubble player his rookie year ... AB without Ben ( see games other QBs have started with Ben out ) AB often was not the best performing receiver on the team ....

If history is any indication of future results we could look to Santonio Holmes ..... Mike Wallace ..... good numbers here in Pittsburgh , but once they left well .. not so much

I will not go as far as to say brown would make a quick exit from the league and its stat sheets but I will go on record as to say he would not be the weapon he has been in Pittsburgh on probably 30 other teams ...

Remember it was Mike Wallace turning down a contract here that got Brown Paid and most where concerned with that because Brown had limited production in the scoring department prior to that first good contract ...The Steelers Prioritized Wallace over AB and when Wallace turned it down that offer went to Brown as a consolation prize to keep Ben with at least 1 returning starting WR ...

Now Browns Ego seems to be bigger than the team ... Mr Humility has turned into Mr Personality and a large portion of that personality is showboat / ME ....

truth be told " that moron" is kind of right ...

AB was a bubble player his rookie year ... AB without Ben ( see games other QBs have started with Ben out ) AB often was not the best performing receiver on the team ....

If history is any indication of future results we could look to Santonio Holmes ..... Mike Wallace ..... good numbers here in Pittsburgh , but once they left well .. not so much

I will not go as far as to say brown would make a quick exit from the league and its stat sheets but I will go on record as to say he would not be the weapon he has been in Pittsburgh on probably 30 other teams ...

Remember it was Mike Wallace turning down a contract here that got Brown Paid and most where concerned with that because Brown had limited production in the scoring department prior to that first good contract ...The Steelers Prioritized Wallace over AB and when Wallace turned it down that offer went to Brown as a consolation prize to keep Ben with at least 1 returning starting WR ...

Now Browns Ego seems to be bigger than the team ... Mr Humility has turned into Mr Personality and a large portion of that personality is showboat / ME ....
    Sure. The Steelers gave AB a chance to succeed and he seized and made the most out of it.

But we spent all summer talking about how AB works harder than anyone else and a variety of other good things or at least non-Leveon Bell things. Basically held up AB as a model of what a player should be.

Now he says one thing and throws one tantrum and everyone freaks out. C'mon. Look at how histrionic and hysterical it gets around here after a lose and all we did was watch it on TV. These dudes played in it and then some idiot comes at the best WR in the game and possibly ever with some non-sense?

It is kinda laudable that AB only said what he did.

Member Array title="SteelersCanadian is on a distinguished road">

For the love of sweet Jesus.

Brown is not a product of Roethlisberger. That notion is insanely moronic at worst, comical at best.

Here's a shocker: diva WR has an ego, wants the football. GOOD. I'd be more upset if he didn't want the ball.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

No way that happens: IF Brown is traded, then we might as well kiss the SB aspirations goodbye for the next 3-4 years at LEAST. AB will thrive without Ben. Ben will NOT without AB. Getting rid of AB we might as well go back to rebuilding mode and get rid of Roethlisberger while we're at it.

Ryan Scarpino is also an idiot. Brown would put up insane numbers if he played for NE or Philly. As much as I'm not liking this guy's attitude this year he's the best WR in the damn league. Heck maybe put him on the Chiefs

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    No way that happens: IF Brown is traded, then we might as well kiss the SB aspirations goodbye for the next 3-4 years at LEAST. AB will thrive without Ben. Ben will NOT without AB. Getting rid of AB we might as well go back to rebuilding mode and get rid of Roethlisberger while we're at it.

Ryan Scarpino is also an idiot. Brown would put up insane numbers if he played for NE or Philly. As much as I'm not liking this guy's attitude this year he's the best WR in the damn league. Heck maybe put him on the Chiefs

just to play along ...

what if ....

you are the GM for a day

week 8 we are sitting at 2-5-1 and you get a phone call from some team in dire need of a #1 WR to make that SB run and they offer you TWO #1's

in the meantime Bell shows up and you get a call offering you a second round pick ....

what do you do ?

personally I take both deals ...

Knowing moving forward I have JuJu and Washington in house ...

I use the second round pick I got from Bell to take another WR in the next draft to give me 3 quality starter capable guys

I then select a first round corner and a 1st round FS with the picks I got from Brown

I still have my own 1st rounder to get that top flight ILB that can run/hit and cover and since our record sucks at 2-5-1 at the half way point I suspect its going to be a top 12 pick so I should have my pick of the lot ....

sure it sucks to have to cut away known quality but damnit if the offer is good enough nothing should be off the table

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

just to play along ...

what if ....

you are the GM for a day

week 8 we are sitting at 2-5-1 and you get a phone call from some team in dire need of a #1 WR to make that SB run and they offer you TWO #1's

in the meantime Bell shows up and you get a call offering you a second round pick ....

what do you do ?

I use the second round pick I got from Bell to take another WR in the next draft to give me 3 quality starter capable guys

I then select a first round corner and a 1st round FS with the picks I got from Brown

I still have my own 1st rounder to get that top flight ILB that can run/hit and cover and since our record sucks at 2-5-1 at the half way point I suspect its going to be a top 12 pick so I should have my pick of the lot ....

sure it sucks to have to cut away known quality but damnit if the offer is good enough nothing should be off the table
    Honestly at 2-5-1 with the current squad we have? I'd be looking to make changes to the coaching staff before my players. I don't care what schedule we have, with the amount of talent this team has, it should not be a losing team.

Especially on the defensive side of the ball, the coaching staff has failed to convert its talent to production. Artie Burns losing his cool on the field last week and being put back out on the field a couple of plays later? That would have never flown under Cowher or Noll, they would have had his a$$.

Quite honestly I've backed Tomlin for a while now, but I'm increasingly losing my patience with how he's running the team. And I've already lost it with Butler, that guy doesn't have it. 3rd year as a coordinator and the defense still having 'communication issues'? 1st year ok you get a pass. 2nd year this shouldn't be happening, especially at the pro level.

About trade scenarios, I'd take the Bell trade but not the AB one. AB still has plenty of tread left, and although a diva at times, this guy grinds. When he wanted a new contract, he still showed up to work and his production speaks for itself. And he's not had the same off the field issues with getting suspended and all. AB might be a headache at times but you can't deny this guy puts in the work and wants to win. I can't say the same for Bell.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

just to play along ...

what if ....

you are the GM for a day

what do you do ?

Nope. Two draft picks isn’t worth AB. AB is a known commodity. I wouldn’t trade AB for a chance at Bud Dupree and Artie Burns. No thanks.

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

You certainly don't seem to be the life of a party yourself.

So what, AB doesn't act the way that you are demanding he should. You are even more pissed BECAUSE HE DOESN'T HAVE TOO. How about you clean your own house before telling someone else how dirty theirs is?

he is a douche and a dickhead of a human being
    You know, maybe you should look in a mirror once in while. I know it is a lot harder than pointing the finger at someone else, because then your hate has no justification because you can't blame someone else for your own self created misery.

You certainly don't seem to be the life of a party yourself.

So what, AB doesn't act the way that you are demanding he should. You are even more pissed BECAUSE HE DOESN'T HAVE TOO. How about you clean your own house before telling someone else how dirty theirs is?

You know, maybe you should look in a mirror once in while. I know it is a lot harder than pointing the finger at someone else, because then your hate has no justification because you can't blame someone else for your own self created misery.

lol here is a quarter go buy yourself a clue

lol here is a quarter go buy yourself a clue
    If I get a clue, would my behavior be more suited to your rapidly dying world view of how people should behave? Your box is small and getting smaller, but I want to fit in.

I just want you to like me, man!

If I get a clue, would my behavior be more suited to your rapidly dying world view of how people should behave? Your box is small and getting smaller, but I want to fit in.

I just want you to like me, man!
    not gonna happen I do not like assholes.... I don't know what your problem is with me ... quite frankly don't care but you sir are an asshole .. I never said shit to you and you act like this ? screw you

little timeline for my reasoning to call Brown a douche and a dickhead of a human being ....

Last season going facebook live after a game and team locker room stuff was broadcast over social media

2016 all over social media with some woman and public messages back and forth about them seeing one another while his live in girlfriend was at home taking care of their first 4 children while carrying his 5th child

July 2018 complains to the media that they put to much pressure on him by reporting stuff that he himself does then shows up to training camp in a chopper bringing attention to himself

Aug 2018 fails to show at a sick children's even at Children's hospital until 4 hours after he should be there all the sick kids by then where disappointed and worn out ....

Aug 2018 Calls team beat reporter a Clown on twitter ( Ed is a clown but should you publicly humiliate him when he has ties to the organization ? )

Sept 2018 threatens espn reporter with a punch in the jaw via social media

Sept 2018 throws tantrum on sidelines via the game......

this is without digging for anything this is off the top of my head , guessing there is plenty more if someone wants to look for it

yes there is without a doubt a history here and its not going away any time soon

https://www.nj.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/02/super_bowl_2017_antonio_brown_lashes_out_at_media. html

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Voice of reason David DeCastro on folks acting out on social media

DeCastro’s suggestion would be for his teammates to just stay off social media.

“I don’t know how people do it, to be honest,” DeCastro said. “I stay off it, I just avoid it because if I want to talk to someone I’ll talk to him. I’ll communicate face to face with him, I don’t even try to text him. It’s a weird way of communicating. It’s a weird path society’s going down.

“Everyone thinks their opinion matters. They give advice to people. I don’t understand it, I really don’t. Maybe I’m just a weirdo. I don’t get distracted at all because I don’t listen to it.
    “I think most guys don’t really worry about it. I think it’s just part of life in the NFL now, it’s that added drama that’s become kind of entertainment. It’s a weird deal. It almost feels a little bit like the entertainment’s become bigger than the game, if that makes sense, which is kind of sad to me. I always thought the game was really important. I love the game.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201809170125
    Thanks for the memories

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Just more of the same crap fest that Tomlin is permissive of.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

That's some theology there. Whatever AB said aside, I think some of his frustration is he still doesn't have a SB ring. Sanders has one and didn't work as hard as he did, father time is creeping closer to Ben and AB and I think he's feeling that, plus the team comes out playing crappy, so this year doesn't look promising. I think thats where this trade talk is coming from.