Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Week 3: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Re: Week 3: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Fitz wins this one he'll be sporting these at the presser.

Damn it shoes, now I want him to win...I kid, I kid

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    How long do you think it took to glue on all that chest hair to complete the look?

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Fitz should get a rainbow grill and color his beard like tekashi 6ix9ine now that'd be hilarious

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

We have discussed this point at length on here before but here goes again. The 3 main/most important position groups for any team to succeed long term.

1. OL/DL - Steelers are pretty strong with this group
    2. QB - Ben. Strong group.
    3. Pass rush - Very lacking.

This is why I see this game needing blitz packages to get and keep pressure on the QB. Perfect team to try some things on too. Their biggest 2 threats for Fitz are deep play guys. Gives us an extra step to get there if needed.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    We have discussed this point at length on here before but here goes again. The 3 main/most important position groups for any team to succeed long term.

This is why I see this game needing blitz packages to get and keep pressure on the QB. Perfect team to try some things on too. Their biggest 2 threats for Fitz are deep play guys. Gives us an extra step to get there if needed.
    Interestingly, most of us would agree on #3 even though the team led the league in sacks in 2017 and is tied for 3rd after two games.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Interestingly, most of us would agree on #3 even though the team led the league in sacks in 2017 and is tied for 3rd after two games.
    With the new rules and our guys just not getting there I really don't know where to place the blame. What I do know is Mahomes had all day to pick his throws last week. I say take some chances and hit the QB this week. Let's see how it gets called.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post

I would like to see some safety or corner blitzes occasionally.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

True

I’d rather have 20 hurries per game (than 5 sacks per game).

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Cleveland just beat the Jets, so if Pittsburgh loses, they will be in last place and the only team in the AFC North without a win. Pressure is on

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Cleveland just beat the Jets, so if Pittsburgh loses, they will be in last place and the only team in the AFC North without a win. Pressure is on
    Mayfield is the real deal. That Browns jersey may just end with his name (for the next decade).

Because, even though his first two drives were only two FGs, there absolutely was an immediate change of attitude.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Mayfield is the real deal. That Browns jersey may just end with his name (for the next decade).

Because, even though his first two drives were only two FGs, there absolutely was an immediate change of attitude.
    Premature after 1 half, plus this still is a team coached by Hue Jackson and owned by Jimmy Haslam. If Pittsburgh falls behind Cleveland record wise, it would be a disaster

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

The Browns always find a way to Brown it up. Like Blocked Field Goals returned for TDs as time expires.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

True

I’d rather have 20 hurries per game (than 5 sacks per game).
    They’re already in last place.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Premature after 1 half, plus this still is a team coached by Hue Jackson and owned by Jimmy Haslam. If Pittsburgh falls behind Cleveland record wise, it would be a disaster
    True... one game (one half) does not a player make.

But, if anyone watched the game, there was a palpable difference once Baker stepped onto the field.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    They’re already in last place.
    Where/How do you find those stats? Really. I tried Googling it, and couldn’t find anything.

I did find this, which is interesting because it says that we were 5th in hurries in 2017 (I would have guessed much lower).
    https://www.footballoutsiders.com/st...-pressure-2017

I don't know the numbers. What I do know is we need to put more pressure on the QB. Even if no other team in the league gets a sack all season, this team needs to pressure the QB.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Injury Report isn’t looking great...

CB Joe Haden (Hamstring) - Full
    S Morgan Burnett (Groin) - DNP
    C Maurkice Pouncey (Coaches Decision) - Full
    G David DeCastro (Hand) - DNP
    G Ramon Foster (Knee) - Full
    OT Marcus Gilbert (Hamstring) - DNP
    DE Stephon Tuitt (Illness) - DNP
    DE Tyson Alualu (Shoulder) - Full

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Tuitt's gonna play unless he caught ebola or something

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

You know, it starting to feel as though it's going to be one of those years that regardless of what happens, we're not going to do well. Ben might throw for 10 TDs a game, but we'll get enough injuries and penalties to negate it. The defense might become the best defense in the history of the NFL, but then we'll lose half the team to leprosy and the other half to alien abductions.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    You know, it starting to feel as though it's going to be one of those years that regardless of what happens, we're not going to do well. Ben might throw for 10 TDs a game, but we'll get enough injuries and penalties to negate it. The defense might become the best defense in the history of the NFL, but then we'll lose half the team to leprosy and the other half to alien abductions.

I'm normally a homer, but these are my feelings exactly Preach! I'd be really surprised if we win Monday night, I think this team has shit-canned the compass.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I'm normally a homer, but these are my feelings exactly Preach! I'd be really surprised if we win Monday night, I think this team has shit-canned the compass.
    Mighty Steelers 49
    The Fuckinears 48

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    I would like to see some safety or corner blitzes occasionally.
    I agree. Since our defensive schemes seem to leave 3 receivers uncovered per play, we might as well have ALL of our safeties and corners rushing the QB. At least they’d be doing something interesting.

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

True... one game (one half) does not a player make.

But, if anyone watched the game, there was a palpable difference once Baker stepped onto the field.
    It was like the turbocharger kicked in. No doubt that partial game does not a season or career make. But Mayfield looked both crisp...and confident. Something not seen ina Browns QB in a long time.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    It was like the turbocharger kicked in. No doubt that partial game does not a season or career make. But Mayfield looked both crisp...and confident. Something not seen ina Browns QB in a long time.
    Derek Anderson went to a Pro Bowl as a Browns QB in 2007. Brian Hoyer (Yes, that Brian Hoyer) looked like the savior in 2014.

The Browns have had their teases before they crashed and burned. Be careful about crowning Baker Mayfield as the next big thing after just one half of football.

Senior Member Array title="Renegade has a spectacular aura about"> Renegade's Avatar

Ah the difference a week makes. If the Steelers win in Tampa, all of a sudden a winless team through 2 weeks, sits at 500. This is the beginning of the turnaround. Ben and Brown GO OFF!! Let's go Steelers!

Senior Member Array title="saturdaysarebetter will become famous soon enough">

Who would have thought a game in Week 3 would be a must win?

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saturdaysarebetter View Post
    Who would have thought a game in Week 3 would be a must win?
    It's not a must win but a important one. If this was vs a AFC team I would say it's very close to a must win.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Ah the difference a week makes. If the Steelers win in Tampa, all of a sudden a winless team through 2 weeks, sits at 500. This is the beginning of the turnaround. Ben and Brown GO OFF!! Let's go Steelers!
    I think AB does breakout tonight. I think Mike Evans may as well and they can’t sleep on Godwin. Could be another shootout...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

OJ Howard is going to eat this defense alive.