Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: The Keith Butler Thread

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: The Keith Butler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    Rex Ryan anyone?
    Well, I mean if you are in to over-rated frauds -- heck yeah!

Ryan had 5 seasons out of 12 where his defenses ranked in the top half of the league in both yards and points.

Butler is 3 out of 4 on those marks.

yeah...yeah...I know there are lies, damn lies, and statistics. But both the Ryan brothers are over-rated because of their bluster and personalities and "swagger". But results...yeah....maybe not...

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Well, I mean if you are in to over-rated frauds -- heck yeah!

Ryan had 5 seasons out of 12 where his defenses ranked in the top half of the league in both yards and points.

Butler is 3 out of 4 on those marks.

yeah...yeah...I know there are lies, damn lies, and statistics. But both the Ryan brothers are over-rated because of their bluster and personalities and "swagger". But results...yeah....maybe not...
    Well that's not good, I knew he wasn't a very good head coach but I was under the impression that he was a decent coordinator. obviously I was wrong

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    Well that's not good, I knew he wasn't a very good head coach but I was under the impression that he was a decent coordinator. obviously I was wrong
    He was when he had great players running his system. But when he had average or worse players running the same system, he got average or worse results.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

This diagram shows the basic (and only basic) routes that a slot corner needs to know how to cover AND have the physical ability to cover.

As Chris Harris would add that diagram doesn’t have include: slot fades , deep over routes , the fake over routes , stick nods , pivots . Now you gotta include motions , stacks , bunches and pick routes.

Go LJ Fort!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Keith Butler running an NFL defense is like a chimp with a machine gun

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Keith Butler running an NFL defense is like a chimp with a machine gun

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    BUTLER METER©:
    10 Alfred Pennyworth
    9 J.A.R.V.I.S.
    8 Mr. Belvedere
    7 Jeeves
    6 Woodhouse
    5 Benson
    4 Coleman
    3 Lurch
    2 Riffraff
    1 Bertram (from Jessie)

Going from the "Official Butler Meter", and I'm assuming 10 is the best Butler one could be, after the last 2 weeks I'd have to say he's pushing up on JARVIS level if Belvedere was the prior.
    The TEAM has been progressing... which includes Mr.Butler and his leadership. We'll see what they dial up for Jacksonville this week.
    Four weeks later, and the mercury is falling. Down to Coleman... Lurch in the doorway.