Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Keith Butler Thread

Hybrid View

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

The Keith Butler Thread

I said it was a horrible mistake to hold on to him after Jacksonville, and its looking all the more apparent. He is (among other reasons) going to send this season into a trainwreck.

It doesn't make a lick of difference who is behind center, the D is going to be torched by anyone. Tyrod, Bortles, Ryan, Fitzpatrick, it doesn't matter. Anyone will look like a HOF'er against Butler's D. When you have a Defense this sloppy and terrible, there's no chance to win.

Get effed, Butler.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: The Keith Butler Thread

This is what happens when it becomes clear as day your DC sucks ass and your LB corp is dogshit yet you keep the DC and don't do much to address the LB corp

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    This is what happens when it becomes clear as day your DC sucks ass and your LB corp is dogshit yet you keep the DC and don't do much to address the LB corp
    The worst part of this defense is the secondary and then the LBs.

IMO, Tomlin is the bigger problem. Also, now that all of the Cowher players are gone it shows.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    The worst part of this defense is the secondary and then the LBs.

IMO, Tomlin is the bigger problem. Also, now that all of the Cowher players are gone it shows.
    Been saying this for years. Yes Cowher only won one Superbowl but his defenses were always great. Now his players are all gone and Tomlin's draft picks blow.

I get the angst. I get the frustration. I'm pretty sickened by what we've seen so far this season as well. That said, just remember historically, the Steelers need only go 3-3 in the first six games to make a strong run at the playoffs. So, although I'm shaking my head now, I also realize we won't have a true feel for this team until the seventh game. So, for all you throwing in the towel right now, give it time.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    I get the angst. I get the frustration. I'm pretty sickened by what we've seen so far this season as well. That said, just remember historically, the Steelers need only go 3-3 in the first six games to make a strong run at the playoffs. So, although I'm shaking my head now, I also realize we won't have a true feel for this team until the seventh game. So, for all you throwing in the towel right now, give it time.
    only to be eliminated in the first game in the playoffs,if they make.

Under Tomlin, the steelers have always been one of the worst defenses of the NFL against elite QB

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Have a look at the schedule. Hard to believe the team I saw today will go 3-3-1 . I expect to lose to bucs, falcons will be close win and lose to ravens Bengals and browns will be toss ups as bad as this team is playing. I expect to be fully focused on holiday prpearations without worry about what time the Steelers are playing

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Agreed.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Is Butler calling all the plays or is Tomlin doing what he did last year?

“[Tomlin] called many of the defensive plays from the sideline this season. He also took charge of many of the secondary meetings and those with the entire defense.”

https://steelersdepot.com/2018/01/bo...-defense-2017/

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="Neversatisfied has a spectacular aura about">

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
    Is Butler calling all the plays or is Tomlin doing what he did last year?

“[Tomlin] called many of the defensive plays from the sideline this season. He also took charge of many of the secondary meetings and those with the entire defense.”

https://steelersdepot.com/2018/01/bo...-defense-2017/
    This is exactly what the problem is but no one wants to blame Tomlin, as long as Tomlin is the Head coach this team will be in decline

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neversatisfied View Post
    This is exactly what the problem is but no one wants to blame Tomlin, as long as Tomlin is the Head coach this team will be in decline
    And why in the hell would you bring a guy back that you had to basically demote and take over for?

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="Neversatisfied has a spectacular aura about">

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
    And why in the hell would you bring a guy back that you had to basically demote and take over for?
    The Steelers love the fact they have only had 3 head coaches in the last 40+ seasons so why upset that by having to fire a coach?

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

With the talent we have on defense there's no excuse for the defense being this bad

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

The Keith Butler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    With the talent we have on defense there's no excuse for the defense being this bad
    Talent?? Three players dost not make enough talent for this team to be good. There’s far from enough talent...

Pair that with a lack of serious defensive coordinator and that’s an issue waiting to happen...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Talent?
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Talent?
    How many high picks did we spend on the defense? At this point it's fair to demand results

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

How many high picks did we spend on the defense? At this point it's fair to demand results
    Can’t squeeze “juice” out of a rock.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Talent means nothing if they are not getting coached up.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, did Heyward/Tuitt play today?
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Tomlin is responsible.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Not sure what people thought the DBs were a strong point of this team. Anything beyond Heyward, Tuitt and Watt is a question mark.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

That is the best offense in football.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Best Offense in football or no. It doesn't make a difference. Watch Ryan Fitzpatrick tear this defense a new one next week.

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

May be true.
    But that shouldn't give Butler a pass for the poor tackling and blown assignments that's becoming the norm.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

I don't care.....3 3rd down for the chiefs in the first 3 quarter.....3

This week? Yes. Next week it will be the Bucs as the best offense.
    Hater = Realist

Well I'm throwing the towel as far as hoping for a championship season. Wild card team at best with this defense. I don't care who you play, giving up 42 points at home is embarrassing

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

Well I'm throwing the towel as far as hoping for a championship season. Wild card team at best with this defense. I don't care who you play, giving up 42 points at home is embarrassing
    In the Playoffs we gonna get a 40-burger dropped on us again anyway with this kind of Defense.

Jim Mora, take it away.

Wild card is GENEROUS with this shit show.