Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Keith Butler Thread

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: The Keith Butler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    Why the hell was Watt covering Watkins?
    Classic Tomlin/Butler

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    only to be eliminated in the first game in the playoffs,if they make.

Under Tomlin, the steelers have always been one of the worst defenses of the NFL against elite QB
    Really? Week2. Week F'ING 2!

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Really? Week2. Week F'ING 2!
    Not just this year ... it always was the case under Tomlin.

We can't say the same thing with Tom Coughlin.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Chickfila is somehow just as bad as Dud Dupree. It is inexcusable that they completely ignored the OLB position this offseason

- - - Updated - - -

Scary thing is I predicted 9-7 with the Steelers winning their first 2 games
    It is painfully obvious Dupree is terrible, at least try something different, Chikfila is at least trying to do something different, moving Dupree obviously failed, the only thing left is play someone else.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Not just this year ... it always was the case under Tomlin.

We can't say the same thing with Tom Coughlin.
    That's because Coughlin's teams missed the playoffs entirely, more often than not.

Two fluky SB wins does not a great HC make.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

What is the strengths of the KC offense? We knew going into this game they have speed. They have a top shelf TE. They have a very good QB in Mahomes. They have a legit run game.

What has been the weakness of the Steeler defense? Slow LBs and poor tackling.

They just beat us today. We'll get them next time. Probably in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    That's because Coughlin's teams missed the playoffs entirely, more often than not.

Two fluky SB wins does not a great HC make.
    with terrible team.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    It is painfully obvious Dupree is terrible, at least try something different, Chikfila is at least trying to do something different, moving Dupree obviously failed, the only thing left is play someone else.
    It doesn't matter who they start, they are doomed on D either way.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

with terrible team.
    So why does HE get a pass? Is the HC not a part of the front office?

So why does HE get a pass? Is the HC not a part of the front office?
    I do not think he had the final say with the Giants.

Jerry Reese was their GM.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    What is the strengths of the KC offense? We knew going into this game they have speed. They have a top shelf TE. They have a very good QB in Mahomes. They have a legit run game.

What has been the weakness of the Steeler defense? Slow LBs and poor tackling.

They just beat us today. We'll get them next time. Probably in the playoffs.
    Lol playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs!

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Yes, Butler should be fired. In the NFL when you have no answers to stop the other team - none - you should be terminated.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Yes, Butler should be fired. In the NFL when you have no answers to stop the other team - none - you should be terminated.
    Tomlin could very well be calling defense. The issue with the defense is confusion, ignorance, no discipline and lack of fundamentals.
    Hater = Realist

It doesn't matter who they start, they are doomed on D either way.
    So, if it doesn’t matter, my thought would be to at least try something different, the same is obviously failing

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    Tomlin could very well be calling defense. The issue with the defense is confusion, ignorance, no discipline and lack of fundamentals.
    Confusion especially during a home game is unacceptable. Butler is not a first year coordinator anymore

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Confusion especially during a home game is unacceptable. Butler is not a first year coordinator anymore
    This is a Rooney problem, promising a position to Butler and not interviewing a single soul, the same could be said for Fitch. Sleep well Art II.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    Why the hell was Watt covering Watkins?
    Rather see that than Dupree covering Hill...lol. Great scheme...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Jax 21 NE 3 ....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Jax 21 NE 3 ....lol
    Jax/KC, AFCCG - book it! (Even though there's 4+ months to go)

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

It’s a safe bet. Steelers won’t right this downward spiral enough for it to really matter. They don’t have the talent on the defensive side of the ball no matter who you want to bring in as a DC. Unfortunately, it’s just not there. Right now the Steelers have a 4% chance to make the Championship game at their current record and a 1% chance to make and win the Super Bowl. Not good odds.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Rather see that than Dupree covering Hill...lol. Great scheme...
    Both are ridiculous assignments. That dumb shit started under Lebeau so Butler just automatically thinks that it works despite all the evidence it doesn't.

Steelers have struggled to cover decent TE's for years, this isn't a recent Butler only phenomenon.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    I get the angst. I get the frustration. I'm pretty sickened by what we've seen so far this season as well. That said, just remember historically, the Steelers need only go 3-3 in the first six games to make a strong run at the playoffs. So, although I'm shaking my head now, I also realize we won't have a true feel for this team until the seventh game. So, for all you throwing in the towel right now, give it time.
    Agreed.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Here's the worst part, they went 0-1-1 against teams they have owned in recent years. They still have to play teams that have gotten the best of them in recent years in New England, Jacksonville, Oakland (in Oakland), Denver, and New Orleans

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Kansas City Chiefs thumped New England 42-27 last year and we know who ended up where at the end of the season. It's only week 2.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    I will say it again ....

Butler is a slow communicator , listen to any interview when posed with a question it takes him time to process the question , and then he stammers upon answering and is slow to communicate the answer ...

the game and its situation is the " question" if you will ...... and with just seconds to communicate the call he takes to long and then the green dot player does not have enough time to communicate to the team on the field and that is why we are seeing seemingly 2 or 3 different defenses being played on a single down ...

That's my theory ( and was before his hire ) and I am sticking to it .......
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

More likely the divisional round game. The other divisional game is top seeded New England (who bounces back with help of their annual cake walk schedule like they always do) and plays a 9-7 team with a -30 point differential

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I have said many times that your defense is only as good as the weakest player in your secondary, and that has been on full display this season and parts of last. Without Haden in the lineup, we are a good 10-20 points worse. Not just because of him, but a kind of cascading failure across the defense that starts with a weak CB.

Sutton and the young guys look to have taken a step back.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post
    Both are ridiculous assignments. That dumb shit started under Lebeau so Butler just automatically thinks that it works despite all the evidence it doesn't.

Steelers have struggled to cover decent TE's for years, this isn't a recent Butler only phenomenon.
    Wasn’t this the exact reason we have so many safeties? Did the coaches forget about them?

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

More likely the divisional round game. The other divisional game is top seeded New England (who bounces back with help of their annual cake walk schedule like they always do) and plays a 9-7 team with a -30 point differential
    Or a 9-6-1 team with a -30 point differential?

Senior Member Array title="Renegade has a spectacular aura about"> Renegade's Avatar

I am by no means a fan of Butler. But let's take a serious look for a second. He takes over in 2015. 2014 was Lebeau's last year. And Lebeau's later teams and so far Butler's, have struggled to get stops in certain instances. There are some games where they come out great. Some games where they come out and get Ragnaroked like they did today, like in 2015 against the Raiders (although Landry Jones managed to salvage a game wining drive). Or the Jacksonville game... or like in every Patriots game. Usually, the defense does stand up, at least for a little while, to the division rivals (the home game against Baltimore last year was an exception). I believe that Butler is a good example of what we hound the offense for... inconsistency. Some days the offense shows up, sometimes they don't. Sometimes they start slow but turn it on eventually. Ultimately, this current Steelers team is built around inconsistent coaches and players that have all the potential in the world, but never truly live up to it. This is not a good foundation. I'm not sure what I would do to the team. I think I fire Butler. I probably never hire him. Actually, after that Wilcard loss to Baltimore, all the defensive coaches would have been cleaned out. I have a serious sitdown with Tomlin about the inconsistency, drama, and distractions and usually poor public image that haunts the team. And finally, I would more then likely sign Bell. lol That last part is a joke.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    Kansas City Chiefs thumped New England 42-27 last year and we know who ended up where at the end of the season. It's only week 2.
    this