Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Keith Butler Thread

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Re: The Keith Butler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    How many high picks did we spend on the defense? At this point it's fair to demand results
    Talent means nothing if they are not getting coached up.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, did Heyward/Tuitt play today?
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

The Butler did it on the football field with the defense!
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

LOL the Vikings/Pack just tied.

What a funny start.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    That is the best offense in football.
    This week? Yes. Next week it will be the Bucs as the best offense.
    Hater = Realist

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    Not sure what people thought the DBs were a strong point of this team. Anything beyond Heyward, Tuitt and Watt is a question mark.

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Well I'm throwing the towel as far as hoping for a championship season. Wild card team at best with this defense. I don't care who you play, giving up 42 points at home is embarrassing
    Jim Mora, take it away.

Wild card is GENEROUS with this shit show.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Wild card? Have you seen our schedule this year?

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

87 points given up in the last two home games..... Despicable

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    And few games before,the steelers give up 38 points against the anemic offense to the Ravens.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

I'm not normally on the "fire (insert coach here)" bandwagon, but this time I have to call out Butler. Our defense was confused all game long. Nobody knew what the coverage was, and pretty much everyone was open. They couldn't get KC off the field, and struggled to even get 3rd downs.
    Same ol' D problems. Miscommunication, blown coverage, missed tackles, bad form, dumb penalties.

This isn't due to poor talent, it's poor coaching and preparation. That falls squarely at the feet of Keith Butler.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    87 points.....I had to let that sink in a bit.

It did. Our defense sucks.

Hard to accept we have a putrid D considering our defensive legacy.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Which scenario.

1. Wheels fall out, no playoffs, major coaching changes.
    2. Team starts playing better, makes postseason but a quick exit, no coaching changes.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    I'm not normally on the "fire (insert coach here)" bandwagon, but this time I have to call out Butler. Our defense was confused all game long. Nobody knew what the coverage was, and pretty much everyone was open. They couldn't get KC off the field, and struggled to even get 3rd downs.
    Same ol' D problems. Miscommunication, blown coverage, missed tackles, bad form, dumb penalties.

This isn't due to poor talent, it's poor coaching and preparation. That falls squarely at the feet of Keith Butler.
    and Tomlin

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

It is time to bench Dupree, I would literally be on the phone to JH right now, would rather have him there than Dupree because he can at least set the edge. Honestly, it is really time to start Chikfila, Dupree is literally hurting this def more than anyone else. If any team wants to run, just run straight at Dupree and it is an automatic 1st down. On top of that, why is VW covering the guy on the outside edge? Isn’t that why we have 100 safeties? Once again the team was not even close to ready to start this game, it is like there wasn’t even a plan for offense or defense at the start. For the last 12 years, there have only been a handful of teams throughout that time where teams have had more talent than the Steelers (and the Pats have rarely been as talented) and these coaches can’t seem to get them even close to ready to play. We have a great record DESPITE our coaching and because of our talent. I would be more than happy to fire HC, OC and DC now, finish our our season crappy and hire a good coach ASAP

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    It is time to bench Dupree, I would literally be on the phone to JH right now, would rather have him there than Dupree because he can at least set the edge. Honestly, it is really time to start Chikfila, Dupree is literally hurting this def more than anyone else. If any team wants to run, just run straight at Dupree and it is an automatic 1st down. On top of that, why is VW covering the guy on the outside edge? Isn’t that why we have 100 safeties? Once again the team was not even close to ready to start this game, it is like there wasn’t even a plan for offense or defense at the start. For the last 12 years, there have only been a handful of teams throughout that time where teams have had more talent than the Steelers (and the Pats have rarely been as talented) and these coaches can’t seem to get them even close to ready to play. We have a great record DESPITE our coaching and because of our talent. I would be more than happy to fire HC, OC and DC now, finish our our season crappy and hire a good coach ASAP
    It would help if you could give us a short list of exactly who would these new coaches be. Fire everyone and start over? Need some names to go with that plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    It would help if you could give us a short list of exactly who would these new coaches be. Fire everyone and start over? Need some names to go with that plan.
    Nobody knew Mike Sullivan before he became head coach of the penguins...

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

154.76................154.76...................... ...154.76...............................154.76.... ...................154.76................154.76... ......................154.76...................... .........154.76...................154.76.......... ......154.76.........................154.76....... ........................154.76.................... ...154.76................154.76................154 .76.........................154.76................ ...............154.76.......................154.76 ................154.76.........................154 .76...............................154.76.......... .........154.76.........................154.7154.7 6................154.76.........................15 4.76...............................154.76......... ..............154.76................154.76........ .................154.76........................... ....154.76...................6.................... ...........154.76..................154.76......... .......154.76.........................154.76...... .........................154.76................... ....154.76................154.76.................. .......154.76...............................154.76 ...................154.76................154.76... ......................154.76...................... .........154.76.......................154.76...... ..........154.76.........................154.76... ............................154.76................ ...154.76................154.76................... ......154.76...............................154.76. ......................154.76................154.76 ................154.76.........................154 .76...............................154.76.......... .............154.76................154.76......... ................154.76............................ ...154.76...................154.76................ .........154.7154.76................154.76........ .................154.76........................... ....154.76.......................154.76........... .....154.76.........................154.76........ .......................154.76...................6. ..............................154.76.............. ....154.76................154.76.................. .......154.76...............................154.76 .......................154.76................154.7 6.........................154.76.................. .............154.76.................... that was Mahomes QB rating Vs Butler led Steelers def.
    Better QB rating than I was expecting

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Jim Mora, take it away.

Wild card is GENEROUS with this shit show.
    In this case though, you can blame that on the defense lol

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    Chickfila is somehow just as bad as Dud Dupree. It is inexcusable that they completely ignored the OLB position this offseason

- - - Updated - - -

Scary thing is I predicted 9-7 with the Steelers winning their first 2 games

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post

we can dig up old posts to prove it .....

but paraphrasing myself I said ....

" Butler is a slow communicator and that is going to cause communication issues on defense not getting calls in on time "

looking like that is pretty much SPOT on

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Basically this defense sucks yet has many high picks and mucho talent. Looks like a losing season to me. Likely season will be over by November

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Chickfila is somehow just as bad as Dud Dupree. It is inexcusable that they completely ignored the OLB position this offseason

- - - Updated - - -

Scary thing is I predicted 9-7 with the Steelers winning their first 2 games
    Yep.
    No hidden talent wasting on the bench there. He's just like Bud, neutralized one on one easily and overruns plays.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

This is Tomlin's fault. Yes, Butler sucks, but Tomlin calls the shots and disregards discipline and fundamentals.
    Hater = Realist

I get the angst. I get the frustration. I'm pretty sickened by what we've seen so far this season as well. That said, just remember historically, the Steelers need only go 3-3 in the first six games to make a strong run at the playoffs. So, although I'm shaking my head now, I also realize we won't have a true feel for this team until the seventh game. So, for all you throwing in the towel right now, give it time.

I don't even care to talk about Dupree. Where was Heyward? Tuitt?

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    I get the angst. I get the frustration. I'm pretty sickened by what we've seen so far this season as well. That said, just remember historically, the Steelers need only go 3-3 in the first six games to make a strong run at the playoffs. So, although I'm shaking my head now, I also realize we won't have a true feel for this team until the seventh game. So, for all you throwing in the towel right now, give it time.
    only to be eliminated in the first game in the playoffs,if they make.

Under Tomlin, the steelers have always been one of the worst defenses of the NFL against elite QB

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Why the hell was Watt covering Watkins?

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Have a look at the schedule. Hard to believe the team I saw today will go 3-3-1 . I expect to lose to bucs, falcons will be close win and lose to ravens Bengals and browns will be toss ups as bad as this team is playing. I expect to be fully focused on holiday prpearations without worry about what time the Steelers are playing

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas