Thread: When does a Head Coach get Blame/Credit?

Threaded View

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Re: When does a Head Coach get Blame/Credit?

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    That’s a real thing though...I said it in another thread...Good Players can cover up Questionable Coaching and Good Coaching can cover up Less Talented Players. Unfortunately, to date, there is Questionable Coaching and Less Talented Players and that’s not a good mix...

I fall under the defend Tomlin crowd. I have always felt he was questioned and doubted by fans far before any real criticism was even reasonable.

There are definitely some things happening with the team right now that need to be addressed and fixed immediately. There are some legit questions. I just get so sick of some of the same people that questioned him after he won a Super Bowl, went to another, and rebuilt a roster without having a losing season. I just always hate when people make claims for decades on a person until it becomes truth. It doesn't mean they were correct all along. It just means that they hated long enough for a down cycle to occur that they try to use to vindicate all the stupid shit they have said and accusations they have made over the last 11 years.

I have some questions myself over what I am seeing with this team. I think there are some tough questions to be asked, and there better be some good answers and some good solutions pretty soon. I don't, however, believe in knee-jerk reactions that call for beheading a man that has done his job pretty well for a long time.

I'm not close enough to the situation to know everything I need to know to assign blame or to offer solutions. I am still seeing a defense that literally doesn't know what they're doing on far too many plays, particularly in coverage. There are far too many receivers left completely uncovered or having players releasing receivers to the next level, but nobody on the back end is playing the same coverage that the corner thinks is being played. I can't explain that because it has gotten to the point that it is beyond belief that it is happening with the frequency that it occurs.

If Butler is indeed behind all these failures, something drastic needs to be done. If that means Tomlin takes over himself, or Bradley gets bumped up, or place next radical move here, etc..

If Tomlin's fingerprints are on this current debacle and his ideas are being implemented on the field at his direction, ownership needs to step in and force a move to have someone else take control of that side of the ball. Yes, I believe it is that serious. When you have the two highest offensive point totals that resulted in home losses in the history of the franchise happening in the last two games, that tends to get people's attention.

We'll see what happens next. This can't continue much longer before a drastic move has to be made.
    Last edited by pczach; 09-17-2018 at 08:31 PM.