Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ben played bad

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Ben played bad

perhaps his worst performance of his career
    Last edited by stillers4me; 09-09-2018 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Be careful titling threads that show up on social media
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Re: Ben sucked ass ....

Josh Dobbs anyone? LOL

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

He should keep holding onto the football, just awesome.

Bring back Haley.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    perhaps his worst performance of his career
    Oh come on. It was bad but it was pouring rain.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Ben has had some stinkers out there, but this is easily among the worst.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

It was bad. Very bad. There were 2-3 other passes that should’ve been intercepted.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

18 preseason passes.

Ben had his shake the rust off game in a monsoon against a decent and active pass rush.

Turned the ball over and missed 3-4 big plays.

Disappointing but altogether unsurprising.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

He was awful

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    Oh come on. It was bad but it was pouring rain.
    you could make that excuse if the opponent was just as bad ... but not the case ...

Ben 5 turnovers !!
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

James and Juju had preseason snaps and looked fine. Except the fumble.

Ben and AB had barely any preseason snaps and looked way off.

TBH, I wasn't surprised. I knew this would be a close game.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Well, at least we get the bad game out of the way early and we didn't lose. I look for a way better outing next week

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

awful game....The rain and the rust is not a excuse.

Re: Ben played bad

The rust makes it worse.

This game is a microcosm of the arrogance of the coaching staff regarding Ben Roethlisberger and this team. Ben played only 18 snaps in the preseason. He has done absolutely nothing to warrant that amount of time off.

This team is seriously a clown show.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    18 preseason passes.

Ben had his shake the rust off game in a monsoon against a decent and active pass rush.

It's his offense now - can't blame Haley any more
    Thanks for the memories

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

I have no doubt Ben will rebound from this performance ...

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Nope. Fichtner will get the blame instead. It's been common practice to blame the OC for the Offense's fuckups.

It's time to place responsibility on the foot of #7.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

No doubt. That was just a veteran QB not doing enough to get himself ready.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Nope. Fichtner will get the blame instead. It's been common practice to blame the OC for the Offense's fuckups.

But everyone knows Fitchiner reports to Ben - Ben is out of excuses and targets for blame shifting for recurring clusters like this
    Thanks for the memories

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    He should keep holding onto the football, just awesome.

Bring back Haley.
    Ben had a Terrible game but holding onto the ball is what Ben does and as I have always stated. What makes Ben Great also makes him bad. I trust in Ben holding the ball more often than not.

- - - Updated - - -

But everyone knows Fitchiner reports to Ben - Ben is out of excuses and targets for blame shifting for recurring clusters like this
    yes because we all know that Ben loves to shift the blame. Like when he blamed his o-line early in his career for all his losses.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Ben always has 2-3 games like this that always cost us homefield in the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    yes because we all know that Ben loves to shift the blame. Like when he blamed his o-line early in his career for all his losses.
    Oh come on - Ben threw shade at Haley constantly for whenever something screwed up and threatened to retire if Haley was not let go

OCs are easier to replace than franchise QBs but are you seriously contending Ben does not have a pattern of blame shifting?

He is a great QB but that and his habit of having several awful games a season are not positives
    Thanks for the memories

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

I'm amazed we came out of this with a tie. Even against the Browns, we shoulda gotten curb stomped turning the ball over that many times.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

We tried so hard to give the Browns a win and they were too incompetent to take it.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Oh come on - Ben threw shade at Haley constantly for whenever something screwed up and threatened to retire if Haley was not let go

OCs are easier to replace than franchise QBs but are you seriously contending Ben does not have a pattern of blame shifting?
    Oh so now you want to move the goal posts and say you were simply referring to when Haley was here? Ben played behind some pretty horrible lines and still managed to win SuperBowls and gave his line full credit. I trust his judgment a whole lot more than I do Haley's, Yes he had a bad game today, but that can happen I would take Ben over Haley any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    18 preseason passes.

THIS!

Such short memories.

I'd take this performance over several of Ben's performances to start last season. Yes, he had five turnovers. However, at least two were the O'line's fault and the pocket collapsing while he was throwing. Two more were receivers fault, one on Brown for running the wrong branch at the top of the route-tree and one on a ball that went right through James's hands. So, I put one INT squarely on Ben's shoulders. Now, was he sharp today? Not in the first half. However, he came out and played pretty well in the second half, with the turnovers being James's and the O line not keeping guys off him.

All of that said, I'd like to see Ben play a little more in the third and fourth games before coming out to start the season. Of course, with AB's injury, I'm not sure the timing would have been there either way for those two to hook up at the beginning of the game, but it would have helped Ben dial in better, IMO.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post

Didn’t you just say something about the arrogance of the coaching staff. Damn at least be consistent.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

you know who never had a tie to the Browns? Landry Jones

1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    Oh so now you want to move the goal posts and say you were simply referring to when Haley was here? Ben played behind some pretty horrible lines and still managed to win SuperBowls and gave his line full credit. I trust his judgment a whole lot more than I do Haley's, Yes he had a bad game today, but that can happen I would take Ben over Haley any day of the week and twice on Sundays.
    LOL - I am not moving anything - this was my original post in this thread

Which you turn into Ben not getting enough credit for winning a decade ago behind crappy O-lines when Haley was an OC with the Cardinals
    Thanks for the memories

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    Well, at least we get the bad game out of the way early and we didn't lose. I look for a way better outing next week
    ^^^THIS^^^