Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes/Goats @ Cleveland

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Heroes/Goats @ Cleveland

I'm undecided. It's a draw between both.

Anyway, I'm going to toss an honorable goat at Ben for five turnovers on his own.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Heroes/Goats @ Cleveland

Heroes? There's no heroues

Goats, everyone. That was a disgrace. The only thing that has changed from the disaster against Jacksonville is that things have gotten worse! Last year they would have managed to pull it out in the end after blowing the 14 point lead.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Ben played poorly but this is what happens when you don't play in the preseason and it's pouring rain.

My biggest goat is Tomlin. He never has his team ready to beat bad teams.

Hero would have been Connor but his fumble killed us and he looked tired as shit in the last quarter. To me the hero is AB (barely).

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Heroes/Goats @ Cleveland

Heroes - Conner and Watt. Easily. Both played excellent games.

Goat - Tomlin, Ben, Boz and the O-Line. Throw Artie Burns in there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Hero - Conner and Watt and the pass rush

Goat - Ben R.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Heroes - Conner and Watt. Easily. Both played excellent games.

Goat - Tomlin, Ben, Boz and the O-Line. Throw Artie Burns in there as well.
    This! Ugh...some piss poor performances from several players.

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

Connor and Watt played well

Ben sucked ass

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Goats

Ben
    Tomlin
    O-Line(My lord Big Al can't handle Garrett)
    Burns
    Boswell
    Conner(yes big day statically. But he fumbled which lead to a TD)

Hero's
    Watt
    Conner(Yes he's on both)
    JuJu/AB
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

WTF does "ready to beat bad teams" even mean? What could Tomlin have done differently?

The pass rush was relentless. The run game was good. The secondary played well and even the LBs looked fine. Sound game-plan. The star QB crapped the bed. How is it more complex than that?

Don't over complicate things. The QB was directly responsible for the other team scoring at least 14 points and from missing big throws taking 10 points off the board for his team.

Senior Member Array title="Neversatisfied has a spectacular aura about">

Conner and Watt played great
    Ben was rusty
    Tomlin was outcoached (as usual)
    The defense minus Watt was a dumpster fire

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Goats

Ben
    Tomlin
    O-Line(My lord Big Al can't handle Garrett)
    Burns
    Boswell
    Conner(yes big day statically. But he fumbled which lead to a TD)

Hero's
    Watt
    Conner(Yes he's on both)
    JuJu/AB
    To be totally fair, no one can handle Garrett.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Neversatisfied View Post
    Backed up to their own one thanks to a fumble, and Cam Sutton was picked on.

Dealing with a junk offense, six turnovers, five by our "franchise QB". The Defense was more than adequate today.

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    WTF does "ready to beat bad teams" even mean? What could Tomlin have done differently?

The pass rush was relentless. The run game was good. The secondary played well and even the LBs looked fine. Sound game-plan. The star QB crapped the bed. How is it more complex than that?

Don't over complicate things. The QB was directly responsible for the other team scoring at least 14 points and from missing big throws taking 10 points off the board for his team.
    Agreed, I'm not a big fan of Tomlin, but this loss was all Big Ben

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post

Dealing with a junk offense, six turnovers, five by our "franchise QB". The Defense was more than adequate today.
    I agree. I don't think this was a dumpster fire defense.

The offense should have put this game away not give it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Neversatisfied View Post
    Conner and Watt played great
    Ben was rusty
    Tomlin was outcoached (as usual)
    So wait, you're contending that Tomlin coached those turnovers?

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

I'm going to defend Tomlin on that.

The team was ready and I would not be surprised if the browns have 7-8 wins this year.

The only complaint I have with Tomlin was being too conservative, but this game is about Ben

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityboyz View Post
    Agreed, I'm not a big fan of Tomlin, but this loss was all Big Ben
    Tie....

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

To be totally fair, no one can handle Garrett.
    I was just pointing out that the Browns officially have someone who can cause havoc, and no one should take these Browns lightly. For a decade they had the best pass blocker in Joe Thomas, now they seem to have the best pass rusher.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

I was just pointing out that the Browns officially have someone who can cause havoc, and no one should take these Browns lightly. For a decade they had the best pass blocker in Joe Thomas, now they seem to have the best pass rusher.
    Yeah, he was a freaking nightmare today.

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I'm going to defend Tomlin on that.

The team was ready and I would not be surprised if the browns have 7-8 wins this year.

The only complaint I have with Tomlin was being too conservative, but this game is about Ben

- - - Updated - - -

Tie....
    Thanks i don't know what i was thinking lol

Member Array title="SteelerCountry58 has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerCountry58's Avatar

Major shitshow of a game. Did our best to give them the game and in pure Stains fashion they blew it. Watt and JuJu looked good as well as Conner. Ben was real bad, all I can really say about him without blasting out a profanity laced response.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post

Didn't make plays when they needed to. Plus 21 points against a mediocre QB and below average offense starting an undrafted rookie at LT. Cleveland ran at will when they tried to as well.

Okay! Misread the intent. I think that Garrett is going to have a Mack or Von Miller level impact on the league this year. Just totally unstoppable. I figure he gets 1-3 sacks and causes havoc that directly leads to a turnover on an almost weekly basis.

The Browns defense is really good.

Okay! Misread the intent. I think that Garrett is going to have a Mack or Von Miller level impact on the league this year. Just totally unstoppable. I figure he gets 1-3 sacks and causes havoc that directly leads to a turnover on an almost weekly basis.

The Browns defense is really good.
    I'm just glad they passed on Chubb, would've been a nightmare. Denzel Ward looks like a baller though. 2 ints and played AB well.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Didn't make plays when they needed to. Plus 21 points against a mediocre QB and below average offense starting an undrafted rookie at LT. Cleveland ran at will when they tried to as well.
    7 points were the fault of our offense ... their second TD...Look at the stats of Taylor .... This is not very good ... Below 40% of complete pass

Our run defense was solid except for a drive (22 run for 62 yards for Hyde).

The browns had 15 offensive drives in this game at least, so they gave only 14 points, which is great

I'm not sold by this defense, but it was a great game by this defense

Senior Member Array title="Steelerchad is a jewel in the rough">

Would have given the hero to Conner, but his fumble was absolutely the turning point in the game. Without that fumble on 1st down, under 8 minutes to go, up 14 points, it's game over.
    Watt is probably the hero.
    Ben is easily the goat.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Hero: TJ Watt. He played lights out.
    Goat: Big Ben. I blame this one on him 100%. Still, I'm sure he'll suck less next week. I think we'll be okay.

Best,
    -Slashy
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Artie Burns has a real problem between the ears and with his playing.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

I'm as pissed as anyone right now. But Juju had 5 catches for 119 yds. He showed up.

Ben probably should have thrown to him more while AB was hugging Todd Haley.

TJ Watt, 4 sacks

JJ Watt, 0 sacks

This makes this ridiculous tie even more frustrating.

EDIT: I love James Conner. Gotta hold on to the ball but played very well besides the fumble.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

It seems like Ben needs to play A LOT in the last preseason game. He always sucks coming back from an injury, a bye, or any week he hasn’t played.

I have no idea why.

But I almost don’t want a playoff bye this year. Good thing we won’t get one.