Thread: Switzer looks like a good pickup

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Switzer looks like a good pickup

I liked what I saw from this kid, dude's got a serious pair and seems fearless returning punts. He has enough explosiveness to take it to the house, and I think he will at some point this year. It feels nice to finally have a return man who's good enough to never have to put AB back there, and I think sooner or later, teams are going to stop trying to give us returnable kickoffs (seems to have worked vs us in the past). I don't think a single time Switzer was dropped behind the 25 on a KO return.

Also if he can make his mark as a #4 wr, he might be an upgrade over Rogers. So far I'd say he was a steal for a late round pick.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: Switzer looks like a good pickup

Nice having kicks returned past the 18 yard line.

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Definitely an upgrade in the “finding a replacement for AB” search.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I think he'll go to the house a few times this year.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

I hope Colbert will continue to make trades with Jon Gruden and the Raiders!

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I hope Colbert will continue to make trades with Jon Gruden and the Raiders!

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I hear they got a 2nd round pick from the bears, hmm is it against league rules to get in talks to work out a sign and trade deal for Bell?

Cause you know they must have freed up a lot of cap space by trading Mack

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    I hear they got a 2nd round pick from the bears, hmm is it against league rules to get in talks to work out a sign and trade deal for Bell?

Cause you know they must have freed up a lot of cap space by trading Mack

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

I thought he did pretty good in the return game, but would have preferred to see Washington more in the offense.
    He had a sweep play for not much and at least one target that he dropped...

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Did you know that the injury rate per play for kick and punt returners is less than half that of wide receivers? It's the other players on return and coverage teams who get hurt more often.

I would rather have AB returning punts, since it is a lower-risk way of getting the ball to our best playmaker than by throwing it to him.

If we choose to continue to remain ignorant of this fact, then I guess Switzer is better than most of the other randos we've had back there.
    See you Space Cowboy ...