Thread: I just need to vent...

Senior Member Array title="Renegade has a spectacular aura about"> Renegade's Avatar

I just need to vent...

Hey guys. I think this was a really rough outing. A loss or in the case of a tie to the browns is absolutely embarrassing. I can't stand it. I'm so sick of all the drama around the Steelers that never seems to go away. It is always defined by unprepared Tomlin-teams. It is defined by "he said-she said" high school locker room drama. Bell is an annoying and greedy crybaby. I have supported the Jets and Steelers for a very long time. I have been dedicated to their causes. But with all the QB controversy in NYJ, along with all of that Rex Ryan nonsense, and all the distractions and problems the Steelers cause for themselves, I'm just a little discouraged.

The Steelers had today's game in hand and blew it in pathetic fashion. Its not like I need my teams to win, I just wish they would stop being embarrassing. If someone had some encouragement that would be great.

-Daniel

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: I just need to vent...

The Browns are fairly decent. September barely matters in the new NFL. Eliminate the turnovers, or even two of them and it’s the good guys in a walk. The defense stymied an NFL team for all but one drive. Gordon’s TD was a Supreme individual effort against solid coverage. Watt, Dupree, Tuitt, and Hayward decimated the Cleveland line. It’s about the best “defeat” you can have.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Its not like I need my teams to win, I just wish they would stop being embarrassing”

Embarrassing? Seriously. Yeah today but get a grip if you think 13-3 was embarrassing.

Senior Member Array title="Renegade has a spectacular aura about"> Renegade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Its not like I need my teams to win, I just wish they would stop being embarrassing”

Embarrassing? Seriously. Yeah today but get a grip if you think 13-3 was embarrassing.
    Let me explain what i meant by embarrassing... that playoff loss to Jokesonville. And that 13-3 team is gone. Who knows about Bell, Bryant is gone, Haley is gone. This is Ben's offense and his coordinator that he asked for... and we have this debacle in Cleveland.

The record last year was great! Sweeping the ravens was awesome! But when i meant embarrassing, i meant the undisciplined locker-room, bulletin board, drama along with Tomlin's teams always seeming unprepared to take on a team comprised of less talent... this factor alone seems to be a key trademark of all of Tomlin's teams each year. they are usually good for 3-4 flops and 2 or 3 ugly wins.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Honestly I thought the team played well. Ben didn't, this loss is almost single handedly on him. 5 turnovers.

I was impressed with Conner, Juju, Watt, Sutton, and Heyward. I think we have a good squad, but our QB played like Dave Klingler out there

Just resigned to the fact that Ben R is another incarnation of Brett Favre. He'll play consistently good, but 2-4 times a year he'll have those WTF games where he totally shits the bed and throws 3-4 INTs. Gotta take the bad with the good when it comes to him.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

The Steelers ALWAYS start the season slow. It's only one game.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Bengals fans always have a "backup" team so they can always feel good about their fanship. Maybe that's your solution.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Let me explain what i meant by embarrassing... that playoff loss to Jokesonville. And that 13-3 team is gone. Who knows about Bell, Bryant is gone, Haley is gone. This is Ben's offense and his coordinator that he asked for... and we have this debacle in Cleveland.

The record last year was great! Sweeping the ravens was awesome! But when i meant embarrassing, i meant the undisciplined locker-room, bulletin board, drama along with Tomlin's teams always seeming unprepared to take on a team comprised of less talent... this factor alone seems to be a key trademark of all of Tomlin's teams each year. they are usually good for 3-4 flops and 2 or 3 ugly wins.
    I understand the emotion. I used to go there more often. It’s just one game. This team probably wins 10-11 games. What matters is being hot at the end of the season.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

I agree with you Renegade, sorry, but I can't offer words of encouragement for you. I'm not happy with this team at all. Ben looks like a shit cake....definitely looked unprepared. Single reason for the loss with his 5 turnovers. I couldn't even put Ben in the class of the top 5 QB. I, personally don't think Bell would have made a difference, Conner was awesome. I understand weather was terrible, but it was the same for both sides. We should have put the game away early and just kept running. Ben seemed to make some really bad decisions on his passing and didn't seem to have 'it' together. Maybe Ben should have played both 3rd and 4th preseason games. I wish I could say some words of encouragement, but, starting the year with a division game, against the Browns, Ben with 5 turnovers, Steeler's not being able to put away the Browns by capitalizing on their turnovers, is just too big of question marks for me to start off the season. Right now I don't like what I'm seeing with this team....play and attitude ! This 'tie' is going to hurt us. I know it's the 1st game, and odds are we weren't going to go undefeated, but as I always say it's a 16 game season and you damn sure better win the winnable games, especially division ones. Every play should be for the championship ! Sorry guys and gals, this is just my opinion right now....but I just don't have a good feeling from what this team is about since Sunday's debut.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Hey Renegade....maybe just some help for ya'.....just think how a Bear's fan feels today after giving up a 20pt lead and losing to Packer's. Awesome game though. LOL Did make me feel alittle better with our tie.....not much though.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Buckinnuts is on a distinguished road"> Buckinnuts's Avatar

S.O.S....get the lead and play conservately after that..defense was ok but most only played a little preseason i believe, Ben needs more snaps in preseason the get the rust off which was very evident. Conner was tired come near the end of 4th..throw ridley out for a few....just my 2 cents

KNOCKIN ON 7'S DOOR!

Senior Member Array title="JnK has much to be proud of">

This loss was on Ben. Maybe he should play a little more of the preseason to get back in sync with his receivers?
    Definitely discouraging but like others have said... it's only one game. Just sucks it had to be with Cleveland.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Pathetic example of how to avoid preparing a team to play a professional game. Only a few players had their head in it the entire game. I think Ben would rather be in the sun on the beach than play in foul weather. He looked ready to call it a day by the half instead of jumping out to a lead. Somebody please send Conner a few extra pairs of gloves.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Pathetic example of how to avoid preparing a team to play a professional game. Only a few players had their head in it the entire game. I think Ben would rather be in the sun on the beach than play in foul weather. He looked ready to call it a day by the half instead of jumping out to a lead. Somebody please send Conner a few extra pairs of gloves.
    Honestly most of the team looked good imo, except for Ben and Artie Burns losing his cool (wtf was up with that?)

Ben I'm losing my patience in slowly, for a 10+ year veteran and 2-time winning SB quarterback, being this unprepared to start the season is inexcusable. He certainly isn't ready for someone who still says he wants 1-2 more championships.

This loss was almost entirely on him, you can't turn the ball over 5 times and expect to win.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Honestly most of the team looked good imo, except for Ben and Artie Burns losing his cool (wtf was up with that?)

Ben I'm losing my patience in slowly, for a 10+ year veteran and 2-time winning SB quarterback, being this unprepared to start the season is inexcusable. He certainly isn't ready for someone who still says he wants 1-2 more championships.

This loss was almost entirely on him, you can't turn the ball over 5 times and expect to win.
    The O Line wasn’t at their best level either.

No one is mentioning Switzer. I thought he was a nice addition yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    The O Line wasn’t at their best level either.
    Agreed Myles Garrett abused AV, which he is going to do to a lot of tackles this season.

An illustration how a great player can make those around him better by allowing his teammates to make plays created by his pressure

Garrett was playing a wide nine and he was forcing Ben to step up in the pocket and hold the ball. Ben should have thrown some balls away instead of taking sacks and fumbling.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201809100088
    Thanks for the memories

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Watch the fumble again. Garrett comes through unblocked from Conner's blind/backside (where you should not expect a guy to be chasing you down from) and punches the ball once and then yanks it out as he is falling away. I would say at worst that fumble is 50% Conner and 50% Garrett.

Again, how was the team unprepared? The defense was suffocating. The return and coverage teams were on point. Roethlisberger missed 2 TD throws - so that would've been 28-35 points in the downpour. IF Ben R would've been his usually self, the offensive gameplan would have also been highly effective.

So where is the lack of preparation? No one brought a tranquilizer for Myles Garrett and a stun gun for Josh Gordon?

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    So where is the lack of preparation? No one brought a tranquilizer for Myles Garrett and a stun gun for Josh Gordon?
    Agreed the whole team was not unprepared - the QB was. Which infects the entire offense.
    Thanks for the memories

Also the Browns aren't an easy out anymore, this is just the facts. Look at their roster, they really did some rebuilding. I think they will be a 7 or 8 win team this year.

They have a good running game, good receivers, and a veteran mobile QB who doesn't make many mistakes.

Pair that with a good, young defense. I think Cleveland is not going to be the pushover game they used to be. Yeah, we would have cruised to victory if ben doesn't turn the ball over 5 times, but hey it is what it is. I do think Cleveland is not a bad team this year though. On the bright side, neither are we. Once Ben shakes off the rust, this team will be in the mix again. I just hope it doesn't take as many games as last season.

With that said, this is a disturbing trend with Ben. Last year could have been a fluke with how he started off, but this is a repeat of the start of last year. I was thinking this year would be different since he showed up to camp in better shape than he has in years, but maybe the guy is getting a little long in the tooth.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

When you’re up 21-7...it should be AB easy out...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Not when Big Ben is playing like Jake Delhomme

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

You wanna see pain? Swing by First Energy Stadium Sunday afternoons. See the guys with "Dawg Pound" tattoos. *That's* pain.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    You wanna see pain? Swing by First Energy Stadium Sunday afternoons. See the guys with "Dawg Pound" tattoos. *That's* pain.
    And, this is how I met the big Brownie... eyes already shrink-wrapped in tears, knees together... those awkward little steps.

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Bengals fans always have a "backup" team so they can always feel good about their fanship. Maybe that's your solution.
    Um no thanks. I'll will wear Stillers' gear forever... and a small Jets keychain. lol

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Right on! I'm gonna jump on the Browns bandwagon while they're hot!!

Member Array title="SteelersCanadian is on a distinguished road">

I think people are underestimating how difficult it is to throw in constant pouring rain. The offense didn't look good, but there's absolutely no chance that they're going to be that bad for the remainder of the season. It was frustrating to watch but without context it's meaningless.

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Well it seems that Be has one of these games a year and, as bad as he played Boswell missed a kick that he would normally make. It's a shame because of the game Conner had but, the game changed after the Conner fumble.

Quote Originally Posted by steel striker View Post
    Well it seems that Be has one of these games a year and, as bad as he played Boswell missed a kick that he would normally make. It's a shame because of the game Conner had but, the game changed after the Conner fumble.
    That's exactly right.