Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: On to the Chiefs

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

On to the Chiefs

I think this game will be a test for us. Home game, so I'm a little optimistic that Ben will rebound and have at least a decent game. Last game we can tack up to "Road Ben", although it's frustrating to watch a veteran QB like him still have an inability to play well on the road, when his original claim to fame was taking on all challengers on the road in his 2nd year playing. I certainly miss "Road Ben" in the 2005 playoffs!

One matchup I'm looking forward to watching is our secondary / pass rush vs Pat Mahomes. Might be only a 2nd year kid, but this guy WILL test a defense deep, and KC has playmakers that will try to stretch the D. I feel this game will be an early test for how far the defense has progressed in the secondary.

Our offense should be able to move the ball on them, but this might turn out to be a shootout if we can't stop their offense.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Re: On to the Chiefs

Steelers-Chiefs: Five things to know about the Week 2 opponent

Tyreek Hill is looking dangerous...

Meet Patrick Mahomes...

Thanks for the memories

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Not going to be an easy one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

0-1-1 ? Not looking good at all. Not liking how Ben looks so far, and Tomlin's play calling getting to be suspect. ( Sorry, still in shock from Brown's game loss.)

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    0-1-1 ? Not looking good at all. Not liking how Ben looks so far, and Tomlin's play calling getting to be suspect. ( Sorry, still in shock from Brown's game loss.)
    I'm still optimistic we can get a W. Ben is an entirely diff QB at home. But then again, if he shows up like he did last week, it's almost certainly a loss. If you give up the ball to an explosive offense like KC 6 times, well, we'll lose in a blowout

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

The Chiefs looked great yesterday. T. Hill put up 42 points for me but K. Hunt sucked ass.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Ben should have a better performance, and the offense should be better. The Chiefs were weak defensively last and that trend appears to have continued. They put on the shitshow they did last week, we got serious problems

Conversely however, the defense is looking like it's going to exposed against a much better offense. They got Hunt, Hill, and Kelce, and Pat Mahomes looked scary good dropping 4 TDs against San Diego. I know they suffered some injuries, but the Chargers are one of the most talented defenses in the league and the Chiefs dropped 38 on them, I'm not saying they definitely will drop more, but the Chiefs will probably drop at least 30 on the defense

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

The Chefs defense doesnt scare me and I think the Steelers should be able to pressure Mahomes more than the Chargers did. No easy wins, but I think the Steelers will be in good position to get the win.

San Diego does supposedly have a good defense, and the kid torched them. It was a road game at SD too. But I do feel that we have a better pass rush and have a better chance to force mistakes. My main worry honestly is which Ben is showing up. There's honestly no easy games on the schedule this year, so we need to start pulling off wins. It's going to be hard to come by if Ben can't get himself right and soon.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

I think our defense might surprise in this game

Our offense should be able to move the ball, but of course,be good in the 3rd down, red zone and limit the turnovers will be crucial if they want to have a good game.

- - - Updated - - -

I forget that sometimes too, but the chargers are now in Los Angeles since last year!

The"concrete cobbler" Array title="cold-hard-steel has a brilliant future"> cold-hard-steel's Avatar

If the Chiefs are a good team,then we're good to go.......but if they are a sub-par team then we are in trouble.We keep proving that time and time again.That part doesn't seem to be changing about this team.
    Two bags are guarenteed to fit all sizes ,or your money back. If you are not completely satisfied call 1-800-GOO-DHELL We show 5 bags to choose from,most problems only need 2 bags .

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

The Defense's first big test of the season. Patrick Mahomes has a big arm and will definitely try to burn the Steelers deep.

The Chiefs and Andy Reid are also looking for some measure of revenge. The Steelers have been their rendition of the Jaguars. A frustrating opponent who has their number.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=317305

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Im excited to see what the Defense looks like. If Mahomes is a threat to run I would be slightly worried but don't see him without a pic or 2. I hate getting burned by running QB's. Bortles and David Gerrard still give me nightmares. KC shouldn't get the pressure the Browns did and that will be a huge difference for Ben. Bell is a shitty teammate for not being here, no excuse for turning down 14.5 mill.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

0-1-1 ? Not looking good at all.
    At 0-0-1, Browns are off to their best start since 2004

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 10, 2018

The Cleveland Browns are not accustomed to winning. So a tie feels pretty good.

At least, it should feel good for Browns fans not to lose their first game of the season. Cleveland had lost 13 consecutive Week One games before tying with the Steelers 21-21 on Sunday. Now the Browns are 0-0-1 instead of 0-1, as they had been each of the last 13 years.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...rt-since-2004/

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    At 0-0-1, Browns are off to their best start since 2004

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 10, 2018

The Cleveland Browns are not accustomed to winning. So a tie feels pretty good.

At least, it should feel good for Browns fans not to lose their first game of the season. Cleveland had lost 13 consecutive Week One games before tying with the Steelers 21-21 on Sunday. Now the Browns are 0-0-1 instead of 0-1, as they had been each of the last 13 years.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...rt-since-2004/
    This is such a great story!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

On DEFENSE:
    The Chargers were missing Joey Bosa.
    We will have T.J. Watt.

On OFFENSE:
    The Chargers should have gone score-for-score with the Chiefs, but they dropped at least two deep TD passes. (As in: Ben should pass deeeep.)

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    The Chefs defense doesnt scare me and I think the Steelers should be able to pressure Mahomes more than the Chargers did. No easy wins, but I think the Steelers will be in good position to get the win.
    I hope you're right ! But after the Brown's game, EVERY team scares me. Ben has serious issues as seen in Cleveland, play calling is terrible, Tomlin CAN'T GET THE TEAM PREPARED. It just boggles my mind how so-called 'professionals' can't get themselves ready for REAL GAMES ! Apparently Ben needs to play complete 3rd and 4th preseason games, because of his so-called 'rust'. What the hell is RUST anyway ???? He's a damn veteran for damn sakes ! He should be ready game 1 and be able to do it himself.....throw the ball at home to your boy if needed damnit ! Get your ass ready for game 1 !! It was Cleveland and you had 5 turnovers.......you think next week will be and easy win....or the weeks after ?!! And we all know Tomlin can't get a team up for a game. And his coaching or sidelines antics during the game shows no discipline or ass chewing. Just seems that the yearly problems with this team are the same year after year after year. I love my Steeler's and will always wear my Black/Gold, but damnit I'm just getting tired of the shit playing at times, and the bullshit 'rust' excuse, and the bullshit lack of Tomlin holding player's responsible by name. Hopefully Bell's crap isn't actually causing these problems with the team ?? I can see the KC game being a blow-out !! But by which team ?
    Last edited by Moose; 09-11-2018 at 01:00 PM.

I hope you're right ! But after the Brown's game, EVERY team scares me. Ben has serious issues as seen in Cleveland, play calling is terrible, Tomlin CAN'T GET THE TEAM PREPARED. It just boggles my mind how so-called 'professionals' can't get themselves ready for REAL GAMES ! Apparently Ben needs to play complete 3rd and 4th preseason games, because of his so-called 'rust'. What the hell is RUST anyway ???? He's a damn veteran for damn sacks ! He should be ready game 1 and be able to do it himself.....throw the ball at home to your boy if needed damnit ! Get your ass ready for game 1 !! It was Cleveland and you had 5 turnovers.......you think next week will be and easy win....or the weeks after ?!! And we all know Tomlin can't get a team up for a game. And his coaching or sidelines antics during the game shows no discipline or ass chewing. Just seems that the yearly problems with this team are the same year after year after year. I love my Steeler's and will always wear my Black/Gold, but damnit I'm just getting tired of the shit playing at times, and the bullshit 'rust' excuse, and the bullshit lack of Tomlin holding player's responsible by name. Hopefully Bell's crap isn't actually causing these problems with the team ?? I can the KC game being a blow-out !! But by which team ?
    The steelers were ready for the games against the Browns.....Ben was horrible....If he was average,this game is a blowout.....On the Chiefs....

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

The Steelers were more than ready to play Sunday. I agree that getting the team prepared was Tomlin's biggest weakness, it wasn't there Sunday.

Ben however, wasn't prepared at all.

Your Quarterback had five turnovers all on his own, and nearly lost the game. That is tough to overcome for any team. The Steelers are fine, Ben isn't.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    The Steelers are fine, Ben isn't.
    Apparently in more ways than just having a bad game

Thanks for the memories

Member Array title="SteelersCanadian is on a distinguished road">

Roethlisberger has a bad game and, right on queue, there's a lingering injury.

OT: Chiefs were able to take advantage of an injured LA defense. Burns and Sutton are likely going to struggle with Hill's speed and the versatility of the new Steelers hybrid secondary looks are going to be tested by Kelce down the seam.

This is going to be a shootout. Roethlisberger needs to return to form if they're going to win, "elbow injury" or not.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelersCanadian View Post
    Note Tomlin does not claim the "elbow" problems caused the rotten game

Thanks for the memories

Quote Originally Posted by SteelersCanadian View Post

OT: Chiefs were able to take advantage of an injured LA defense. Burns and Sutton are likely going to struggle with Hill's speed and the versatility of the new Steelers hybrid secondary looks are going to be tested by Kelce down the seam.

This is going to be a shootout. Roethlisberger needs to return to form if they're going to win, "elbow injury" or not.
    The steelers did a good job against Hill in the last couple years either in coverage or in defense

Hope it will continue ... especially that KC now have a QB who loves to throw deep ...

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    The steelers did a good job against Hill in the last couple years either in coverage or in defense

Hope it will continue ... especially that KC now have a QB who loves to throw deep ...
    Indeed

According to Pro Football Focus’s Mike Renner, Mahomes’s average depth of target was 14.6 yards per pass on Sunday. The highest mark in the past decade over a season was 13.4. Mahomes is part of the anti-short-passing resistance inside the NFL. ...

On Sunday, 22 percent of Mahomes’s passes were thrown 20 or more yards down the field, per Pro Football Focus. Tyrod Taylor was at 25 percent, the only quarterback higher—except Mahomes’s quarterback rating on those throws was 135.4, while Taylor’s was 33.3.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2018/9...estroy-the-nfl
    Thanks for the memories

Despite media reports that Conner needs to go on the field with a portable oxygen tank after wearing down in the second half, Ed Bouchette noting in response to Ben's elbow injury that an elbow injury ended Bradshaw's career, and Patrick Mahomes being the second coming of 1984 Dan Marino, the line opened Steelers -5 over Chiefs and has pretty much stayed there

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds...18/time/1300#N
    Thanks for the memories

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

It's not the first time I hear that Ben has a shoulder problem....

Wow bunch of guys on the injured list and there's vance mcdonald practicing fully lol

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Wow bunch of guys on the injured list and there's vance mcdonald practicing fully lol
    He's got all week to get reinjured.