Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: On to the Chiefs

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: On to the Chiefs

0-0-2! Let's GO!

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    0-0-2! Let's GO!
    Wouldn't that be some shit! This place would go nuclear

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    If that happens I'll root for an 0-0-16 season, be the first undefeated team to not make the playoffs and 'being a steelers fan' will overtake high cholesterol as the leading cause of heart attacks

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    0-0-2! Let's GO!

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Hopefully good Ben will return this week and, hold on when T Hill gets the ball.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

The best part about Sunday's game is that it's being carried here in Arizona (10am). That means I can come home from church and immediately hit the Play button and not have to wait until 5pm for Gameplan rewind.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Prediction Chiefs 35 Steelers 23. This is where the Steelers defense gets exposed by the Chiefs offense, Mahomes throws 4 TDs and 0 INTs. Ben will throw for over 400 yards but throws 2 critical INTs. I know the Steelers have owned the Chiefs in recent years, but they've owned the Browns for decades now and settled for a tie against the dysfunctional Browns with a 1-31 head coach and poor ownership

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

The Chiefs are dangerous and I can see that happening. Ben can't afford to have more games like last week, because this schedule won't get any easier.

Things we have going for us though: 1- Ben has a history of playing better at home, and does usually bounce back after performances like last week, 2- Mahomes is still a first year starter, and we have players that can get to the QB. Watt is looking like the real deal, 3- Chiefs have a soft defense, I'm predicting another big day by Conner.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

WARNING WARNING This is NOT last year's KC Chiefs! WARNING WARNING

With Alex Smith led KC Cheifs, our defense could cheat down and sniff out all there slip screens and quick dump offs. No with rocket arm Mahomes, he is able to keep our secondary honest.

I feel like this will be a long day for our secondary. 1 splash play will be had by KC. Also I am predicting a lot of pass interference probably by Artie Burns.

Strange times right now, I used to have supreme confidence in Ben, but right now he's my biggest worry. It's a bit disturbing that 2 years in a row he doesn't just start off bad, but terrible. And even though it's a home game, well, he also played like dookie in a home game last year vs Jax.

KC's offense is scary and honestly might be the most explosive, just take a look at that roster. It's basically on par with what we were saying about the Steeler offense when Bryant was looking like a legit #2 WR and Bell WAS the best in the league. Maybe even more so since I'd rate Sammy Watkins over Bryant and Hunt is more of a big-play threat than Bell.

I see us either winning a shootout (if Ben plays well), or getting blown out (if Ben plays bad). The defense can hopefully force a couple of mistakes from the young QB, but I still expect them to get their points. Conner should get over 100 yards on their defense, though I have no idea which Ben is going to show up.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    3- Chiefs have a soft defense, I'm predicting another big day by Conner.
    Chiefs defense has been in decline for some time

The Kansas City defense has gone from second in the league in points allowed in 2014, to third in 2015, to seventh in 2016, to 15th in 2017. This year, they opened 2018 by allowing 28 and 514 yards to the Chargers.

If the Steelers can’t score against them, it may be a long season.

https://triblive.com/sports/columnis...chiefs-matchup
    Thanks for the memories

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post

Yes, the Game Day thread would melt down the site.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Steeler View Post
    WARNING WARNING This is NOT last year's KC Chiefs! WARNING WARNING

With Alex Smith led KC Cheifs, our defense could cheat down and sniff out all there slip screens and quick dump offs. No with rocket arm Mahomes, he is able to keep our secondary honest.

I feel like this will be a long day for our secondary. 1 splash play will be had by KC. Also I am predicting a lot of pass interference probably by Artie Burns.
    This guy has issues.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

If Ben practices tommorrow, he'll play Sunday.

If not, it may be the rise of the Dobber.

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    If Ben practices tommorrow, he'll play Sunday.

If not, it may be the rise of the Dobber.
    We must expect Josh Dobbs on Sunday...I have more confidence in him than last year because of his strong preseason.

Dobbs throws for 5TD's and rushes for another 2TD's, causing a QB controversy

BUT he gets a minor injury that holds him out of game 3, where Mason Rudolph comes in and ties the NFL record for 7TD's in a game, stirring up even more controversy. Has there ever been a 3 way battle before? lmao

With that said, if this really does happen, I won't really mind....

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    We must expect Josh Dobbs on Sunday...I have more confidence in him than last year because of his strong preseason.
    Yeah though Nathan Peterman looked good in preseason

But honestly I'd have some faith in Dobbs, one thing he showed a lot of that Peterman never had was toughness

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Yeah though Nathan Peterman looked good in preseason

But honestly I'd have some faith in Dobbs, one thing he showed a lot of that Peterman never had was toughness
    I know, but normally it's better to play well in preseason than be terrible, especially for a young QB.

Dobbs would also probably give us the best chance to win if Roethlisberger does not practice...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

KCs defense is horrendous. If the Steelers D can get a couple stops, the Steelers should have no issues with the Chiefs defense. Rivers probably should’ve had about 600 yards passing if not for a couple penalties and dropped passes that anyone here could have caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Thanks for the memories

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

If we're going to go by Preseason, then Nathan Peterman would've been lighting it up. Instead he blows.

If we're going to have confidence in Dobbs, it would have to be his overall progression from last year to this year. Dobbs has definitely worked hard and matured.

But we'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    If we're going to go by Preseason, then Nathan Peterman would've been lighting it up. Instead he blows.

If we're going to have confidence in Dobbs, it would have to be his overall progression from last year to this year. Dobbs has definitely worked hard and matured.

But we'll see...
    I prefer a young player to be good in preseason than to be bad...Dobbs is a lot better than last year and yes it's true that we've seen in the past players play well in the preseason and be horrible in season, but I also saw QB playing good in preseason and continuing during the season like Russell Wilson in 2012 or Dak Prescott in 2016

We have to wait how Dobbs will perform if he is the QB, but at least we have hope

If he plays well when he plays, his trade value will go up if the steelers want to trade him one day ...

I prefer a young player to be good in preseason than to be bad...Dobbs is a lot better than last year and yes it's true that we've seen in the past players play well in the preseason and be horrible in season, but I also saw QB playing good in preseason and continuing during the season like Russell Wilson in 2012 or Dak Prescott in 2016

We have to wait how Dobbs will perform if he is the QB, but at least we have hope

If he plays well when he plays, his trade value will go up if the steelers want to trade him one day ...
    At least we do not have to break out the torches and pitchforks to get ready to go after Landry Jones
    Thanks for the memories

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Chance Dobbs plays is about <1% IMO.

Member Array title="SteelersCanadian is on a distinguished road">

Ben missed two days of practice and proceeded to play in a playoff game. He was limited today in practice which means that he's absolutely playing on Sunday.

He's fine. I'm just shocked he wasn't in a full body-cast for such a significant injury.

- - - Updated - - -

... And Tomlin confirmed that Roethlisberger was a full participant in practice today. He's going on Sunday.