I don't think it is any mystery that I mostly reject the "bad coaching" and "unprepared" theories for teams losing in the NFL. I could get into why, but the bottom line is that anytime one team does something good, it does not always mean that the other team did something bad.

Anyways, I thought it might be kinda fun to start a thread with ACTUAL bad coaching moves. So to kick it off, here is a re-cap of all the dumb things Bill O'brien did yesterday.

https://deadspin.com/its-not-my-job-...his-1828933246

“It’s not my job to do that,” O’Brien said. And then, again: “It’s not my job to call a timeout to make their [the officials’] job easier.” Except, yes. It 100 percent is. Any coach in this league worth his salt knows this, and calls that timeout. It is a situation that crops up pretty frequently—there’s a reason the Patriots were hustling to get the next play off—and coaches know they must make the decision on whether burning a timeout is worth the reward. It almost certainly would have been here."

I mean it is quite literally your job. In fact it is a major part of your responsibilities on gameday. Also, his playcalling would've made even Haley blush. See linked article for details.