Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Y'all Are Far Too Negative

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Y'all Are Far Too Negative

Seriously. I think some of you have come unhinged. It is a long season, don't lose it all in Week 1. A ton of positive things happened in this game:

1. Sean Davis looks at home as the deep safety. More than in any other role he has been tried in.
    2. Burnett and Edmunds both looked comfortable in their roles as well.
    3. The OLB switch worked this week. Watt decimated who ever was trying to block him. Despite what some will say, Dupree had a good game. At this point, he is what he is. If he had actual pass rush moves, he would've had 5 sacks. But he still managed to get pressure and influence plays.
    4. Conner. I mean I doubt anyone saw that performance coming. He looked solid in all phases. Fumble was bad, but maybe a pass due to conditions. Only other thing that could be levelled against him is that he isn't going to make those bizarre 3 yard runs where Bell hesitates and makes a crease appear out of thin air. But Conner is good enough when there is a crease that it doesn't matter.
    5. ILB are league average at worst. Maybe even better than that. But average would elevate this defense so much.
    6. The D Line is just a wrecking crew. Even Big Dan had some good snaps out there. Who would've thunk it?
    7. Our long national nightmare at returner is over. Switzer doesn't "wow" but he is rock solid and I'll walk back my earlier negative takes on the trade.
    8. Ben is in "the best shape" of his career. I think he is going to be "Sandlot Ben" a bunch this season. That usually goes well for the Steelers.
    9. Let's talk about Tuitt and Heyward some more because, well they were so good they deserve mention twice!
    10. Mike Hilton showed he is not a one year wonder and continues to play well.

I could go on, but you all act like there is no hope. C'mon this isn't the Dolphins or the Lions or something where it all goes off the rails after one week.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Y'all Are Far Too Negative

Agreed...Average game by Ben and this game is a blowout....

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

I like Switzer. He shows some burst after the catch. Something we haven't seen (Besides AB and Sandoobio) on punt returns.

At least he had some nice kick returns past the 25. Seems like we always start at the 18 or before.

One thing I didn't see was James Washington. I saw too much of Justin Hunter and was wondering why?

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

They have Kansas City coming to town next week, and they're kicking San Diego/LA's butt right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    They have Kansas City coming to town next week, and they're kicking San Diego/LA's butt right now.
    The steelers had the numbers of the chiefs in the last couple years....True that this is not longer Alex Smith their QB...

Senior Member Array title="Cyphon25 is a name known to all">

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Seriously. I think some of you have come unhinged. It is a long season, don't lose it all in Week 1. A ton of positive things happened in this game:

1. Sean Davis looks at home as the deep safety. More than in any other role he has been tried in.
    3. The OLB switch worked this week. Watt decimated who ever was trying to block him. Despite what some will say, Dupree had a good game. At this point, he is what he is. If he had actual pass rush moves, he would've had 5 sacks. But he still managed to get pressure and influence plays.
    4. Conner. I mean I doubt anyone saw that performance coming. He looked solid in all phases. Fumble was bad, but maybe a pass due to conditions. Only other thing that could be levelled against him is that he isn't going to make those bizarre 3 yard runs where Bell hesitates and makes a crease appear out of thin air. But Conner is good enough when there is a crease that it doesn't matter.
    5. ILB are league average at worst. Maybe even better than that. But average would elevate this defense so much.
    6. The D Line is just a wrecking crew. Even Big Dan had some good snaps out there. Who would've thunk it?
    7. Our long national nightmare at returner is over. Switzer doesn't "wow" but he is rock solid and I'll walk back my earlier negative takes on the trade.
    8. Ben is in "the best shape" of his career. I think he is going to be "Sandlot Ben" a bunch this season. That usually goes well for the Steelers.
    9. Let's talk about Tuitt and Heyward some more because, well they were so good they deserve mention twice!
    I agree 100% with all but a little on the bold.

Dupree - I thought it was a solid game. The problem is we are seeing him vs a rookie LT on a terrible offense and he still just doesn't flash much. So while I am not knocking him I certainly don't think his performance was anything positive to take away from this game. For me you had it more right when you say "he is what he is" and he was just more of that today. He doesn't appear to ever be anything more than an average OLB. I don't think he is far above Chickilo to be honest with you.

Conner - I saw it coming. Said on the Depot I wouldn't be surprised if he ran for over 150 and in a thread here I said mark him for 165. I knew this line was going to come out and play for him and we saw how well he flashed in preseason. I have no worries about the future of this team without Bell.

Again, spot on on all of the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyphon25 View Post
    I agree 100% with all but a little on the bold.

Dupree - I thought it was a solid game. The problem is we are seeing him vs a rookie LT on a terrible offense and he still just doesn't flash much. So while I am not knocking him I certainly don't think his performance was anything positive to take away from this game. For me you had it more right when you say "he is what he is" and he was just more of that today. He doesn't appear to ever be anything more than an average OLB. I don't think he is far above Chickilo to be honest with you.

Conner - I saw it coming.
    Said on the Depot I wouldn't be surprised if he ran for over 150 and in a thread here I said mark him for 165. I knew this line was going to come out and play for him and we saw how well he flashed in preseason. I have no worries about the future of this team without Bell.

Again, spot on on all of the rest.
    Same for me

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I'm just glad it was a tie after so many turnovers.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

up 2 TDs with 7 mins left in the game and sneak out of town with a tie .... pretty deflating to say the least .... against the BROWNs of all teams the 1-31 Browns under Hue Jackson ... now the 1-31-1 Browns .....
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    up 2 TDs with 7 mins left in the game and sneak out of town with a tie .... pretty deflating to say the least .... against the BROWNs of all teams the 1-31 Browns under Hue Jackson ... now the 1-31-1 Browns .....
    Again, average game by Ben and this game is a blowout.

I do not think our performance was bad except for Ben...Also, I would not be surprised if browns win 7-8 games this year...I predicted this in the bold prediction thread a few days ago.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

W/R James Conner RB - PIT View News View Videos @CLE Tie, 21-21
    - - - 135 2 57 - - - 1 29.20 started him in 3 leagues so yeah sort of expected big things

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Mahomes looks absolutely amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

W/R James Conner RB - PIT View News View Videos @CLE Tie, 21-21 - - - 135 2 57 - - - 1 29.20 started him in 3 leagues so yeah sort of expected big things
    You are even more optimistic than me if you expected almost 200 yards from scrimmage in a monsoon.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

My biggest problem with Connor wasn't the fumble. He looked gassed in the 4th quarter and beyond.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Ben seriously needs to play better next week, cause man he sucked. Other than that the team looked good running the ball and on defense

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Ben seriously needs to play better next week, cause man he sucked. Other than that the team looked good running the ball and on defense
    Ben bounced back in the past, so I'm not worried ...Too good QB to be bad again.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    My biggest problem with Connor wasn't the fumble. He looked gassed in the 4th quarter and beyond.
    Yep, I agree. He didn't have the bounce as earlier in the game.

The oline looked tired too.

Mahomes looks absolutely amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

You are even more optimistic than me if you expected almost 200 yards from scrimmage in a monsoon.
    well it actually rained less than I expected ... I think it was raining harder at my house than in Cleveland ...

miserable none the less

Who, as you just posted like yesterday, have completely revamped their roster.

Landry and Gordon are All-Pro caliber WRs.
    Hyde and Duke Johnson are a pretty solid RB committee.
    Much of this past off-season were people on this very message board extolling the play-making virtues of Tyrod Taylor.
    Ninja Gaiden is a physical monster at TE. Lucky for us he can't catch!
    There defensive roster is loaded. Young and unproven, but loaded nonetheless.

The only part of Cleveland's current roster that is pretty typical of the Browns is the o-line. And we saw that today. Steelers front 7 set up camp on the Browns side of the line of scrimmage.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

I could go on, but you all act like there is no hope. C'mon this isn't the Dolphins or the Lions or something where it all goes off the rails after one week.
    If you brought one person back from the edge.......consider it a win.

Senior Member Array title="Cyphon25 is a name known to all">

Browns wont do anything with Tyrod at the helm. Good runner, poor passer. Mayfield will take over the job this year.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Yes this should have been a win, the tie is on Ben.

Also the conservative play calling was dumb. The Browns was beginning to stop the run, and they stuck with it.

Just awful. Waste of a game to watch tbh.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 4. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. Ryan Watts, S, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post

Also the conservative play calling was dumb. The Browns was beginning to stop the run, and they stuck with it.

C'mon. If they would've called a bunch of passes in that soup and lost or tied, everyone would've been comparing it to when Arians passed like 400 times in a winter gale.

Any football team on the planet gets up 2 scores on the road mid second half in that weather and they do the same thing. Play it safe and hope you can run them out of the game.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

I'm actually positive about our chances this season. Ben had a really bad game, and I don't expect him to play this poorly going forward. Our secondary looks much better this year, open field tackling and run defense are much- improved, and we actually got some pressure on a mobile QB. These are all areas we struggled with last year.
    The killers were the turnovers and penalties. I'm confident we'll clean them up moving forward.

Best,
    -Slashy
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    I'm actually positive about our chances this season. Ben had a really bad game, and I don't expect him to play this poorly going forward. Our secondary looks much better this year, open field tackling and run defense are much- improved, and we actually got some pressure on a mobile QB. These are all areas we struggled with last year.
    The killers were the turnovers and penalties. I'm confident we'll clean them up moving forward.

Best,
    -Slashy
    I think the same thing

It would have been more worrying if it would have been our defense that would have been bad ...But it was Ben ... I do not think he'll have a season like in 2006 ...

Next week is going to be our first big test for our defense.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post

I don't disagree with the play calling, Ben hasn't done anything all game and turned the ball over 5 times. Conner was the hot hand at the time

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

For sure there were positives.
    But I can’t focus on them after losing a game that was ours to win.
    Conner looked good, Ju-Ju looked good, defense played better than I expected.
    None of that matters, we gave a division game away.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Haha most here are calling it a loss and bet all on the Browns board are celebrating a win.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    The steelers had the numbers of the chiefs in the last couple years....True that this is not longer Alex Smith their QB...
    Yes .

They would sellout all the short routes nd screens. Mahomes can take the top off your defense.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

It basically is a loss. New England has one more win than us already. So do the Ravens and Bengals.

The tie will not work to our advantage at the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    It basically is a loss. New England has one more win than us already. So do the Ravens and Bengals.

The tie will not work to our advantage at the end of the year.
    maybe yes,maybe no...We will see,but right now we must move on...

Remember the game that McNabb did not know that he had tie games in the nfl in 2008 ... everyone said that this tie game was going to cost them a playoffs spot for the eagles, but at the end, they made the playoffs because of this tie game!

We just do not know right now, whether it's going to be to our advantage or not