Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Y'all Are Far Too Negative

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: Y'all Are Far Too Negative

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    And if the Steelers lose the next 4 games it's only 6 games. No big deal.
    0-5-1 would ALWAYS be a bad season for us. Depends on how each of those 4 games are lost. I have posted many times that this defense is not good. The LB corp is practically non existent. Would Haden have made a difference today? IDK and neither do you. This defense is going to struggle because we have sub par LBs. AND GUESS WHAT....that other team is trying to win also.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

And if the Steelers lose the next 4 games it's only 6 games. No big deal.
    Yes. Can still win 10 straight and make the playoffs and sweep the playoffs to the Super Bowl. When you have guys like Butler and Smith coaching and chewing gum, anything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    0-5-1 would ALWAYS be a bad season for us. Depends on how each of those 4 games are lost. I have posted many times that this defense is not good. The LB corp is practically non existent. Would Haden have made a difference today? IDK and neither do you. This defense is going to struggle because we have sub par LBs. AND GUESS WHAT....that other team is trying to win also.
    Doesn't matter. There is always next season. Trying to win games each week isn't important. There is always be another week ahead. Right?

The secondary is weaker. Burns should be traded.

LBs went downhill as soon as Harrison left. I'm not sold on Watt. Dupree has been a joke since day one. The Steelers should have spent all draft picks on LBs and DBs. Then get a new D.C. and keep Tomlin away.

The offense was inconsistent. Threw for 1 yard two times in a row facing a 3rd and 20+ yards. Forced long throws. Tomlin needs to jettison the Al Davis attack.

Tomlin will not adjust. The players will remain cocky, undisciplined and lacking in fundamentals. The one thing these players will never fail to do is practice their dance auditions if they make a play.
    Hater = Realist

Doesn't matter. There is always next season. Trying to win games each week isn't important. There is always be another week ahead. Right?

The secondary is weaker. Burns should be traded.

LBs went downhill as soon as Harrison left. I'm not sold on Watt. Dupree has been a joke since day one. The Steelers should have spent all draft picks on LBs and DBs. Then get a new D.C. and keep Tomlin away.

The offense was inconsistent. Threw for 1 yard two times in a row facing a 3rd and 20+ yards. Forced long throws. Tomlin needs to jettison the Al Davis attack.

Tomlin will not adjust. The players will remain cocky, undisciplined and lacking in fundamentals. The one thing these players will never fail to do is practice their dance auditions if they make a play.
    When the offense drops 37 points on the other team, I don't think the term "inconsistent" applies. And what, you want the QB to force a throw and third and long when that's exactly what you're complaining about? Going back to November 16 of last year and discounting the last game of the season because of backup QB play, the steelers have dropped 30+ points on six of the last 9 teams we've played, or 66 percent of the time. We've been within one TD of 30 points every time, including when our backups played. Criticizing the offense is silly at best.

And the LB went downhill as soon as Harrison left? More like as soon as Shazier got injured. Harrison would have made a bad day worse with having to cover and chase down QBs the last two weeks. That train left the station quite a while ago. Sorry.

Watt put out an unbelievable game last week and looked like one of the few players this week who actually showed up on defense (in the first and fourth quarters. I didn't see the second and third).

As for picks at LB. Who, exactly would you have drafted in the position we were in without reaching or throwing away draft picks? If I remember right, there was literally no one at LB worthy of a first round pick when it came time for the Steelers to draft, let alone second round. The next guy drafted was Darius Leonard at pick 4, Round 2. He had a 4.7 dash and only 17 for bench press. He graded out as "chance to become a starter." That's what you wanted us to throw a first round pick at? Edmunds had the same grade, but had much better scores and helps us more in coverage, which is where we needed the most help.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I think this is either a very bad team or they are being coached very badly. Either way, it's painful to watch.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Was at the game and had a great time since I had minimal hope for this season

I know I am cynical but was surprised that the crowd was not more upset - apparently they also know this team was going nowhere

Props to the Steelers that Hyundai Club Level West has become a pricey sports bar where fans pay for a ticket to watch the game on a big screen without the hassle of leaving your seat at Heinz to get an overpriced drink

Lots of empty seats today at Heinz - fan base giving up for season opener has to make the Rooney family think the Tomlin era might be winding down since empty seats = no concessions sales
    Thanks for the memories

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I think this is either a very bad team or they are being coached very badly. Either way, it's painful to watch.
    It's both.

Last year's team was poorly coached, but came together when they needed to for the most part.

This year's team is poorly coached, but this time around became unraveled at the seams. They don't have the talent anymore to overcome poor coaching.

This is a bad team.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Lots of empty seats today at Heinz - fan base giving up for season opener has to make the Rooney family think the Tomlin era might be winding down since empty seats = no concessions sales
    In-person attendance is down league-wide.

75" 4K TVs and the overall PITA it has become to attend a game in person has something to do with it as well, I would think.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Someone tell Belchick to stop losing to Blake Bortles... because “only” Tomlin does that.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Someone tell Belchick to stop losing to Blake Bortles... because “only” Tomlin does that.
    I saw a graphic on NFL.com that this is the hottest game temperature-wise that Saint Brady the Exalted has ever played in, so there's your narrative - "Tawmmy was too haaawwwt."

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    I saw a graphic on NFL.com that this is the hottest game temperature-wise that Saint Brady the Exalted has ever played in, so there's your narrative - "Tawmmy was too haaawwwt."
    That’s probably true, because he does not fair well in humidity of Florida... e.g. needing a bunch of flukey plays at the end the game in order to eke our a win against Tampa last season.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

75" 4K TVs and the overall PITA it has become to attend a game in person has something to do with it as well, I would think.
    I have been to the season opener 4 straight years since 2015

Perfect weather today - the drop off in fans in the seats and crowd noise this year was more of a fall off the cliff than a continuing slow decline
    Thanks for the memories

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

My 75" 4k TV did not make that game look any prettier.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    I have been to the season opener 4 straight years since 2015

Perfect weather today - the drop off in fans in the seats and crowd noise this year was more of a fall off the cliff than a continuing slow decline
    Yeah those mustard seats are embarrassing on TV... almost as embarrassing as the product on the field today.

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Overvalued talent....some first round picks proving not to be first round talent. Bud and Artie stand out here.

Sub-par coaching.