Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Y'all Are Far Too Negative

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Y'all Are Far Too Negative

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Anyone remember the 51-0 shellacking the Browns laid on them in 1989 in TRS? Ugly...
    I was barely a month old. Of course I remember it.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Anyone remember the 51-0 shellacking the Browns laid on them in 1989 in TRS? Ugly...
    I do and have since blocked from memory.

Thanks FS76 for the warm memories.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Yes...if I remember correctly didn't we follow that up with another bad loss to the Bengals the very next week?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    I honestly don't think it was a bad call to go conservative with that lead. Our QB at that point turned the ball over 4 times, and Tyrod was just as scattershot. It seemed like a safe bet to run out the clock. Unfortunately, the Conner fumble was huge for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Once upon a time when the Browns used to be good. Hell, I was barely out of kindergarten when that happpened lol.

Though honestly I think they will be a better team this year than most expected. 6-8 wins wouldn't surprise me.
    Running it on 3rd &10 from the Browns 38 (or whatever it was) up 21-7...that’s terrible...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    LOL.... damn man, you've got some damn good alcohol and/or drugs going there ! This isn't even a 10 win team.....LOL.
    If they were able to bottle the endorphins that flow through my system, I’d be a trillionaire.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Seriously. I think some of you have come unhinged. It is a long season, don't lose it all in Week 1. A ton of positive things happened in this game:

1. Sean Davis looks at home as the deep safety. More than in any other role he has been tried in.
    2. Burnett and Edmunds both looked comfortable in their roles as well.
    3. The OLB switch worked this week. Watt decimated who ever was trying to block him. Despite what some will say, Dupree had a good game. At this point, he is what he is. If he had actual pass rush moves, he would've had 5 sacks. But he still managed to get pressure and influence plays.
    4. Conner. I mean I doubt anyone saw that performance coming. He looked solid in all phases. Fumble was bad, but maybe a pass due to conditions. Only other thing that could be levelled against him is that he isn't going to make those bizarre 3 yard runs where Bell hesitates and makes a crease appear out of thin air. But Conner is good enough when there is a crease that it doesn't matter.
    5. ILB are league average at worst. Maybe even better than that. But average would elevate this defense so much.
    6. The D Line is just a wrecking crew. Even Big Dan had some good snaps out there. Who would've thunk it?
    7. Our long national nightmare at returner is over. Switzer doesn't "wow" but he is rock solid and I'll walk back my earlier negative takes on the trade.
    8. Ben is in "the best shape" of his career. I think he is going to be "Sandlot Ben" a bunch this season. That usually goes well for the Steelers.
    9. Let's talk about Tuitt and Heyward some more because, well they were so good they deserve mention twice!
    10. Mike Hilton showed he is not a one year wonder and continues to play well.

I could go on, but you all act like there is no hope. C'mon this isn't the Dolphins or the Lions or something where it all goes off the rails after one week.
    Great post.

Agree.

Also, Garrett is unstoppable regardless and some of those interceptions were arguable due to weather.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    Great post.

Agree.

Also, Garrett is unstoppable regardless and some of those interceptions were arguable due to weather.
    Only the 3rd interception were due to the weather.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Only the 3rd interception were due to the weather.
    Fumbles might be a different story.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Dupree was having his way with the LT, but I would have liked if he didn't overpursue so much. He could have had 4-5 sacks if he didn't run at taylor like he was some immobile statue, you can't do that vs a mobile qb. Taylor is most dangerous when he takes off and runs, dude runs a 4.5

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

We finally have the talent to play man. For the longest time we didn't. Trying to have Antwan Blake or Willie Gay cover anyone man to man with any faster than 4.5 speed was a disaster waiting to happen

We finally have the talent to play man. For the longest time we didn't. Trying to have Antwan Blake or Willie Gay cover anyone man to man with any faster than 4.5 speed was a disaster waiting to happen
    Also, the communication problems could stop with more man to man.The steelers were terrible in zone last year, especially Artie Burns.

The secondary could be a strong point for this year steelers. We have to wait, but Taylor was under 40% in 40 pass attempts last week .... under 5 yards per attempts too.

But bigger test against KC this week ....

Also, the communication problems could stop with more man to man.The steelers were terrible in zone last year, especially Artie Burns.

The secondary could be a strong point for this year steelers. We have to wait, but Taylor was under 40% in 40 pass attempts last week .... under 5 yards per attempts too.

But bigger test against KC this week ....
    True, zone requires better communication and smarts. Man coverage usually gives more problems to good / elite qb's who tend to eat zones for lunch, though the players have to be talented enough. With that said though I like the direction the defense is going in.

Taylor might be an average QB but what he does well, is he's usually accurate in the short-medium range and doesn't throw interceptions. The Steelers didn't allow many completed passes, and picked him off once so that's a good sign.

I'm excited to see how the secondary plays KC. Pat Mahomes will absolutely be looking to challenge the secondary.

True, zone requires better communication and smarts. Man coverage usually gives more problems to good / elite qb's who tend to eat zones for lunch, though the players have to be talented enough. With that said though I like the direction the defense is going in.

Taylor might be an average QB but what he does well, is he's usually accurate in the short-medium range and doesn't throw interceptions. The Steelers didn't allow many completed passes, and picked him off once so that's a good sign.

I'm excited to see how the secondary plays KC. Pat Mahomes will absolutely be looking to challenge the secondary.
    I was sick and tired of the zone ... It's important to be good on the man to man since the steelers will play a lot of very good QB this year.I hope it will not be a disaster as it was against GB in the preseason, although I do not know if our starters have played in this game since I have not watched this game.

Also stop the run will be very important ... They did well against Hyde, but we will be tested later this year against a team like the Jaguars

Senior Member Array title="TD's & Beer has a brilliant future"> TD's & Beer's Avatar

hahahaha

Supposed to be another monsoon in Pittsburgh for Sundays game with the Chiefs!

Get Dobbs ready!

Ben can't see in the rain!

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

True! I had visions of Farrior. (51) Don’t know if he had the green dot, but he was doing some on the fly traffic directing.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

The reality is that I am more interested in getting healthy and hot at the end of the year than I am having a repeat of last year where we fight for the #1 seed all year at 13-3 and then flop at the worst time. I realize it's great to have it both ways, but this team seems too dysfunctional to do it that way. I hope they just work out the kinks at 10-6 and then go for a ride in the playoffs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    True! I had visions of Farrior. (51) Don’t know if he had the green dot, but he was doing some on the fly traffic directing.
    Farrior would be a good comp and a dang good find.

But is he the winged god of linebacker coverage like farrior was?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

But is he the winged god of linebacker coverage like farrior was?
    Taunto!!!

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Taunto!!!
    It’s a possibility!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Seriously. I think some of you have come unhinged. It is a long season, don't lose it all in Week 1. A ton of positive things happened in this game:

1. Sean Davis looks at home as the deep safety. More than in any other role he has been tried in.
    2. Burnett and Edmunds both looked comfortable in their roles as well.
    3. The OLB switch worked this week. Watt decimated who ever was trying to block him. Despite what some will say, Dupree had a good game. At this point, he is what he is. If he had actual pass rush moves, he would've had 5 sacks. But he still managed to get pressure and influence plays.
    4. Conner. I mean I doubt anyone saw that performance coming. He looked solid in all phases. Fumble was bad, but maybe a pass due to conditions. Only other thing that could be levelled against him is that he isn't going to make those bizarre 3 yard runs where Bell hesitates and makes a crease appear out of thin air. But Conner is good enough when there is a crease that it doesn't matter.
    5. ILB are league average at worst. Maybe even better than that. But average would elevate this defense so much.
    6. The D Line is just a wrecking crew. Even Big Dan had some good snaps out there. Who would've thunk it?
    7. Our long national nightmare at returner is over. Switzer doesn't "wow" but he is rock solid and I'll walk back my earlier negative takes on the trade.
    8. Ben is in "the best shape" of his career. I think he is going to be "Sandlot Ben" a bunch this season. That usually goes well for the Steelers.
    9. Let's talk about Tuitt and Heyward some more because, well they were so good they deserve mention twice!
    10. Mike Hilton showed he is not a one year wonder and continues to play well.

I could go on, but you all act like there is no hope. C'mon this isn't the Dolphins or the Lions or something where it all goes off the rails after one week.
    You can pretty much negate every positive thing said about the defense at this point. Against a real NFL offense, they look like trash

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Keith Butler is fucking trash. That is all.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    You can pretty much negate every positive thing said about the defense at this point. Against a real NFL offense, they look like trash
    Didn't watch it. But until someone stops KC I'm not going to freak out. They look like a juggernaut.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

It's just two games. Right? Can't go 16-0. Right? The NFL season is a long one. Right? There are so many games. Right?
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    It's just two games. Right? Can't go 16-0. Right? The NFL season is a long one. Right? There are so many games. Right?
    EXACTLY RIGHT.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Danny Smith...he’s a joke...always has been.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    EXACTLY RIGHT.
    And if the Steelers lose the next 4 games it's only 6 games. No big deal.
    Hater = Realist