Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Y'all Are Far Too Negative

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Y'all Are Far Too Negative

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    It basically is a loss. New England has one more win than us already. So do the Ravens and Bengals.

The tie will not work to our advantage at the end of the year.
    A Steelers win and the Ravens and Bengals losing puts the Steelers in first place next week. While it would've been nice to win, a loss is more damaging. Tying the Bears last year would've gotten the Steelers home field advantage over New England.

A tie is more beneficial than you think, especially how terrible things went today.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

It basically is a loss. New England has one more win than us already. So do the Ravens and Bengals.

New England had help from the refs again after a shady catch by Gonk that should have been overturned.

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    C'mon. If they would've called a bunch of passes in that soup and lost or tied, everyone would've been comparing it to when Arians passed like 400 times in a winter gale.

Any football team on the planet gets up 2 scores on the road mid second half in that weather and they do the same thing. Play it safe and hope you can run them out of the game.
    I don't have a problem that they ran, I have a problem that they never spelled Conner with some fresh legs.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    I don't disagree with the play calling, Ben hasn't done anything all game and turned the ball over 5 times. Conner was the hot hand at the time
    Conner was tired at a certain point.

The playcall I question was 3rd and long with ten mins left and we called a run. How has this coaching staff not learned by now that we DO NOT start killing the clock with a 2 score lead and 10 mins left?

We have given up 14 points in less time and with better defenses than this.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post
    I don't have a problem that they ran, I have a problem that they never spelled Conner with some fresh legs.
    Tomlin does not know what's a rotation ...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    I'm actually positive about our chances this season. Ben had a really bad game, and I don't expect him to play this poorly going forward. Our secondary looks much better this year, open field tackling and run defense are much- improved, and we actually got some pressure on a mobile QB. These are all areas we struggled with last year.
    The killers were the turnovers and penalties. I'm confident we'll clean them up moving forward.

Best,
    -Slashy
    ^^^THIS^^^

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post
    Agreed and stupid not too.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

I'm glad you all are finding the 'positives' of this tie (loss) to the Brown's. I'll almost guarantee this will come back and bite us in the butt. It was a DIVISION game, so therefore it was a must win ! With only 16 games you can say that every play is for the championship. Sorry, I'm not satisfied with the game. I'm glad that Conner played well, since I hope he takes over for Bell, but this was a game we needed to win because no other team in our division is going to be any easier. I wasn't able to watch the game so all I can go by is what you all say about it and what I'll read tomorrow about it. But a tie is a loss.......to Cleveland. ugh

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

We're a long way from knowing if it will help or hurt.

If we have the same number of wins, for example, with the Ravens, for the division, then we win.

If we have the same number of losses then we lose.

10-5-1>10-6

11-5 > 10-5-1

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

18-0-1

An “undefeated” season... one that the ‘72 Dolphins can stomach.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    I'm glad you all are finding the 'positives' of this tie (loss) to the Brown's.
    No you're not
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

MRI on Joe Haden's hammy tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

6 turnovers, holy crap i don't know who we think we are when we do something like that. We have em the freaking game, in my opinion that sucks

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

6 turnovers, holy crap i don't know who we think we are when we do something like that. We have em the freaking game, in my opinion that sucks
    Agreed, it was a s(*t show. But I don't think we'll be spotting our opponents 6 turnovers per game from here on out. I think if Ben plays less- awful, we have what we need to make a superbowl run.
    That hot mess is in the books. It doesn't define the whole season, at least to me.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    Agreed, it was a s(*t show. But I don't think we'll be spotting our opponents 6 turnovers per game from here on out. I think if Ben plays less- awful, we have what we need to make a superbowl run.
    That hot mess is in the books. It doesn't define the whole season, at least to me.
    ah, superbowl?! Don't talk about super bowl! you kiddin me?? Superbowl???!! I just hope the Steelers can win a game, another game

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Haha most here are calling it a loss and bet all on the Browns board are celebrating a win.
    I'd be surprised if they are. The only reason they were in this game was due to turnovers (specifically Ben), and I'm pretty sure they realize they're not going to have such luck every game. If I were a Browns fan, I'd be pretty despondent after this one. How do you turn around a team that gets a +5 turnover ratio and *still* can't win?

Best,
    -Slashy

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Each game is important. The season consists of only 16 games. You need to put away the bad teams. Plus, this was a division game and against a poor team.

This game was negative and no one should be happy with it.

Any snap counts out yet? Heyward and Tuitt looked gassed.
    Hater = Realist

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

No mention of TJ Watt?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    No mention of TJ Watt?
    No, an 11 tackle, 4 sack with 5.5 TFL would be a positive observation. Cant have those in a game the Steelers didn't lose, but didn't win.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    No, an 11 tackle, 4 sack with 5.5 TFL would be a positive observation. Cant have those in a game the Steelers didn't lose, but didn't win.
    Watt spent so much time in the cleveland backfield i thought he was their new fullback

Senior Member Array title="JnK has much to be proud of">

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    18-0-1

By golly there IS a silver lining!

Love the way you think!

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    18-0-1

LOL.... damn man, you've got some damn good alcohol and/or drugs going there ! This isn't even a 10 win team.....LOL.

Start Dobbs in away games and Ben in home games. We'll have a championship and change how the game is played by our "QB by Committee" strategy

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Other than a QB sneak, play calling didn’t look like it changed at all...still have that awful shotgun draw in the playbook that gets 0-2 yards 9/10 and a very conservative “hold the lead” offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Watt spent so much time in the cleveland backfield i thought he was their new fullback
    True, too bad he didn't do much in training camp to knock off the rust from the offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Other than a QB sneak, play calling didn’t look like it changed at all...still have that awful shotgun draw in the playbook that gets 0-2 yards 9/10 and a very conservative “hold the lead” offense.
    For the hold the lead offense....I hope it was because of the rain...

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Anyone remember the 51-0 shellacking the Browns laid on them in 1989 in TRS? Ugly...

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    For the hold the lead offense....I hope it was because of the rain...
    I honestly don't think it was a bad call to go conservative with that lead. Our QB at that point turned the ball over 4 times, and Tyrod was just as scattershot. It seemed like a safe bet to run out the clock. Unfortunately, the Conner fumble was huge for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Anyone remember the 51-0 shellacking the Browns laid on them in 1989 in TRS? Ugly...
    Once upon a time when the Browns used to be good. Hell, I was barely out of kindergarten when that happpened lol.

Though honestly I think they will be a better team this year than most expected. 6-8 wins wouldn't surprise me.

I honestly don't think it was a bad call to go conservative with that lead. Our QB at that point turned the ball over 4 times, and Tyrod was just as scattershot. It seemed like a safe bet to run out the clock. Unfortunately, the Conner fumble was huge for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Once upon a time when the Browns used to be good. Hell, I was barely out of kindergarten when that happpened lol.

Though honestly I think they will be a better team this year than most expected. 6-8 wins wouldn't surprise me.
    For the Browns, I predicted 7-8 wins in the bold prediction thread last week.