Thread: Apparently this is how you actually lose a locker room!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Apparently this is how you actually lose a locker room!

https://deadspin.com/russell-wilsons...aha-1828883111

My God! I never realized how nutty things can get.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Apparently this is how you actually lose a locker room!

If you think the steelers had a lot of drama in the last couple years ....this maybe worse for the Seahawks

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

That's the first thing I said, no reason to call that play other than trying to make Wilson the MVP. You have the best power back in the league and you pass it? I'm sure I wasn't the only one who was like wtf. Lynch was averaging close to 5 yards a pop and while he never busted a long gainer, he was 5-7 yarding the Pats to death the entire game and they couldn't stop it.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    That's the first thing I said, no reason to call that play other than trying to make Wilson the MVP. You have the best power back in the league and you pass it? I'm sure I wasn't the only one who was like wtf. Lynch was averaging close to 5 yards a pop and while he never busted a long gainer, he was 5-7 yarding the Pats to death the entire game and they couldn't stop it.
    I've always figured the coaching staff out-thought themselves.

They expect Lynch.

But they will know that we know that they expect Lynch! So they will figure we will pass.

But they will know that we know that they expect Lynch and that they then expect the pass! And then they will realize we know this and figure we will run -- so we will pass and surprise them!

Brilliant!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Might actually feel sorry for them, but then I remember what a collection of douchebags their fanbase is.

It's just too bad it directly benefited a scumbag franchise with an even bigger and worse collection of douchebags for a fanbase...

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

From the 2017 autopsy by ESPN of the Seahawks defensive players still bitching about the Super Bowl loss

Never mind that the defense missed 11 tackles in that game, allowed New England to convert a third-and-14 in the fourth quarter and blew a 24-14 lead -- even after linebacker Bobby Wagner turned to safety Earl Thomas and said, "We'll be considered the best D, bro. We got to stop them now."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...oblem-nfl-2017

Like the great 2008 Steelers defense, the Seahawks defense fell apart in the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl. Unlike the QB for those Steelers, the Seahawks QB could not bail them out. So the post-game story line by the defense has been to lay the blame for the loss on the coaches and the QB.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Might actually feel sorry for them, but then I remember what a collection of douchebags their fanbase is.

It's just too bad it directly benefited a scumbag franchise with an even bigger and worse collection of douchebags for a fanbase...
    I hated every bit of it because it gave the win to a fanbase that's an even bigger collection of douchebags.

1st and 1, and you got the Beast. Yeah everybody knows it's coming, but sometimes you just gotta give the ball to your best players and let them beat the other team.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I'm sure their fans (what few are left) think Rooney and the league office payed da seahawks players to quit on Carroll

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

I hated every bit of it because it gave the win to a fanbase that's an even bigger collection of douchebags.

1st and 1, and you got the Beast. Yeah everybody knows it's coming, but sometimes you just gotta give the ball to your best players and let them beat the other team.
    It worked out at the end for the pats, but I never understood why Belichick did not call a timeout before this play

If Seattle would Scored a TD, they would have remained only 20 seconds to Brady instead of 1 minute.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

To me, his is the epitome of football, man on man lets line em' up and see who has the best men.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post

Truer words have never been spoken....

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Bad call and a bad pass. If instead it was complete, then the story would be different. Reminds me of something Tomlin would do too, but not Noll.
    All Defense!