Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Leveon Bell Watch thread

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Re: The Official Leveon Bell Watch thread

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I don't care if we have a player who shoots up heroin at the 50-yard line during warm-ups, then scores the game-winning touchdown and kicks a dog in celebration, then goes home and goes on a 36,000-word, profanity-filled anti-gay diatribe on social media while writing bad rap lyrics and watching snuff films, as long as he scored the touchdown.

If, on the other hand, being a dickhead is interfering with your ability to help win football games, then yeah, as a fan I think it's ok to have a problem with that. If Ben deliberately threw for zero yards in a game, people would be beside themselves asking what the hell the problem was ... well, here's a guy who had zero rushing and receiving yards by choice. So naturally, people are like, what the hell is this guy's problem?

edit: Just to clarify - I "don't care" about the outcome in the sense that no matter what, I find it unlikely that Bell is going to contribute much to us on the football field this season. But watching it unfold, you still smack your forehead with every successive donut hole.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

well, here's a guy who had zero rushing and receiving yards by choice. So naturally, people are like, what the hell is this guy's problem?
    That's something we have in common with him; we're all not being paid to not play for the Steelers.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    That's something we have in common with him; we're all not being paid to not play for the Steelers.
    Yes, but I also didn't take up any cap space this offseason.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I don't care if we have a player who shoots up heroin at the 50-yard line during warm-ups, then scores the game-winning touchdown and kicks a dog in celebration, then goes home and goes on a 36,000-word, profanity-filled anti-gay diatribe on social media while writing bad rap lyrics and watching snuff films, as long as he scored the touchdown.

If, on the other hand, being a dickhead is interfering with your ability to help win football games, then yeah, as a fan I think it's ok to have a problem with that. If Ben deliberately threw for zero yards in a game, people would be beside themselves asking what the hell the problem was ... well, here's a guy who had zero rushing and receiving yards by choice. So naturally, people are like, what the hell is this guy's problem?

edit: Just to clarify - I "don't care" about the outcome in the sense that no matter what, I find it unlikely that Bell is going to contribute much to us on the football field this season. So I am not wringing my hands over "will he come back or won't he, and omg what week will it be" - because whatever the answer to that is, the result will probably just be more bullshit. But watching it unfold, you still smack your forehead with every successive donut hole and wonder what's wrong with the dude.
    I just can't muster up the energy to get too emotionally invested anymore.

I like to argue about scheme, points of view, why a player might decide x instead of y -- but I'm really trying to not let it go past that.

Not always succeeding but these guys are all basically idiots and morons that just happen to be good at football.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Not always succeeding but these guys are all basically idiots and morons that just happen to be good at football.
    Probably most but not all

As I have posted in other threads, IMO DeCastro is a bright guy (Stanford actually makes its players go to class) and for a 21 year old JuJu knows how to deal with social and other media to help create a positive image

But agreed many of these guys are astonishingly dumb
    Thanks for the memories

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Probably most but not all

As I have posted in other threads, IMO DeCastro is a bright guy (Stanford actually makes its players go to class) and for a 21 year old JuJu knows how to deal with social and other media to help create a positive image

But agreed many of these guys are astonishingly dumb
    I couldn't get over how someone who went through college had such bad grammar when Martavis Bryant tweeted "That's Sammie Coats replacement not minds" after the Steelers drafted Juju. I mean hell you'd expect better grammar from a 4th grader

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    I couldn't get over how someone who went through college had such bad grammar when Martavis Bryant tweeted "That's Sammie Coats replacement not minds" after the Steelers drafted Juju. I mean hell you'd expect better grammar from a 4th grader
    That looks like the result of cellphone auto-correct that went unchallenged, but uh ... let's just say I don't expect Bryant to be winning any Nobel Prizes after he's done with football. Unless they start a Nobel Prize for drunk driving or violating probation.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

To be totally fair to both Clemson and Bryant - he didn't go to college. He went to Football.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Is you is or is you ain't my baby?

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post

This is my problem with Twitter. And to be clear nothing Kaboly said is unreasonable or objectionable. Further, I am glad that DWins posted it here. I now know something that I didn't know a handful of minutes ago.

But, for me, this kind of information dump raises more questions than it answers. Like, is this typical of what the Steelers have done in the past with suspended, players on exempt lists, or other "members" of the team who will not be making a contribution in a given week due to some sort of non-injury or coaching decision? What about other teams that have had guys stage lengthy holdouts? Or is this some sort of new-fangled passive aggressive way for the team to communicate that they think Bell is a doo-doo head? Or did "Skippy the Web Intern" just kinda goof this up?

I guess, Twitter just almost always leaves me wanting very much more information and context. It just never seems to answer "how" and "why" questions.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    This is my problem with Twitter. And to be clear nothing Kaboly said is unreasonable or objectionable. Further, I am glad that DWins posted it here. I now know something that I didn't know a handful of minutes ago.

But, for me, this kind of information dump raises more questions than it answers. Like, is this typical of what the Steelers have done in the past with suspended, players on exempt lists, or other "members" of the team who will not be making a contribution in a given week due to some sort of non-injury or coaching decision? What about other teams that have had guys stage lengthy holdouts? Or is this some sort of new-fangled passive aggressive way for the team to communicate that they think Bell is a doo-doo head? Or did "Skippy the Web Intern" just kinda goof this up?

I guess, Twitter just almost always leaves me wanting very much more information and context. It just never seems to answer "how" and "why" questions.
    "to answer your question without " answering your question"
    we simply have not come across this often enough with this team to know what the answer might be ...

I mean when was the last time we tagged a guy and he refused to cash game checks ?

Mike Merriweather ? I just can't recall ( its bedtime and been a long day )
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

For those shopping RBs this college football season....Darrell Henderson 521 rushing yards (1st), 14.5 yards per carry(1st), 173.7 yards per game(1st), 7 TDs(tied for 3rd). Averages just 12 carries per game.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    For those shopping RBs this college football season....Darrell Henderson 521 rushing yards (1st), 14.5 yards per carry(1st), 173.7 yards per game(1st), 7 TDs(tied for 3rd). Averages just 12 carries per game.

wow, a little cannonball!

"to answer your question without " answering your question"
    we simply have not come across this often enough with this team to know what the answer might be ...

I mean when was the last time we tagged a guy and he refused to cash game checks ?

Mike Merriweather ? I just can't recall ( its bedtime and been a long day )
    Great points. I kinda feel this on Kaboly. Like he noticed a thing. Back in the days when reporters reported, his editor would've made him go back and do some research to give this event or non event some background. Now it's just dumped on Twitter with no real way to gauge importance or relevance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I tweeted that I had diarrhea this morning... that is how you use that app, right?
    -Daniel Tosh

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Bell stepping up his game to antagonize his teammates

Now he is taking measures a step further by actively liking Instagram posts showing the Steelers getting drilled by the Chiefs on Sunday.

https://triblive.com/sports/columnis...ases-rap-album
    Thanks for the memories

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    wow, a little cannonball!

Yep, only 5'9" - 200lbs. He's like Sproles with power.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Bell stepping up his game to antagonize his teammates

Now he is taking measures a step further by actively liking Instagram posts showing the Steelers getting drilled by the Chiefs on Sunday.

https://triblive.com/sports/columnis...ases-rap-album

Wow, the guy really does not give a shit at all!

Gonna go out on a limb here and guess that even if he signs the deal at some point and "reports" to the team, he is not going to play a single down of football this season. Better hope he doesn't tear an ACL in the offseason by stepping in a stripper's ass or something.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

The thing that sucks the most about 0-1-1 is that Bell is probably thinking we're in this spot because we don't have him on the team.

Mike "No Job having ass" Mitchell also joined in on the likes lol, he mad

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

I will follow enough past this year to calculate that he'll never make back the millions he throws away this season
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Maybe I'm getting too old but, I don't care to see Bell in a Steelers jersey any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by steel striker View Post
    Maybe I'm getting too old but, I don't care to see Bell in a Steelers jersey any longer.
    Mark my words - next year he will be playing in New York, L.A., Miami, or (if the Raiders' move is on track) Las Vegas. Maybe Tampa. I am willing to bet a significant amount of money on this. Playing football in Pittsburgh is not glamorous, and neither is playing football in Minnesota, Cleveland, Baltimore, Tennessee, etc.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

The"concrete cobbler" Array title="cold-hard-steel has a brilliant future"> cold-hard-steel's Avatar

According to my sources Leveon Bell is no longer a Pittsburgh Steeler. My source is Taco Bell,where i overheard some guy on the phone telling someone he got a message that Bell was no longer with the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Taco Bell in Hanover,Pa.LOL!!!!!!!
    Two bags are guarenteed to fit all sizes ,or your money back. If you are not completely satisfied call 1-800-GOO-DHELL We show 5 bags to choose from,most problems only need 2 bags .

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Le'Veon Bell likes posts about Chiefs win over Steelers, releases rap album

If you weren't mad at Le'Veon Bell before, you will be now. It's one thing to stay away from the Pittsburgh Steelers for business reasons. It's another thing to rub it in the faces of his teammates and the fan base.

Bell has done that by being open and public about his extended summer vacation in strip clubs, dance clubs, and jet skiing in Miami.

He also raised some eyebrows when he tweeted the inquisitive monocle emoji in the wake of the Steelers tie in Cleveland.

Well, now he is taking measures a step further by actively liking Instagram posts showing the Steelers getting drilled by the Chiefs on Sunday..........

read More @ https://triblive.com/sports/columnis...ases-rap-album

Can't figure out what's worse between Le'Veon Bell's rap songs or the Steelers defense lol.

Dude aint ever gonna make it as a rapper trying to bite Drake's style and failing horribly at it, why they gonna buy his album when there's someone else that does it 100x better?

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

There's no way he's in "football shape". Remember that guy on the right?

Can't figure out what's worse between Le'Veon Bell's rap songs or the Steelers defense lol.

Dude aint ever gonna make it as a rapper trying to bite Drake's style and failing horribly at it, why they gonna buy his album when there's someone else that does it 100x better?
    Come for the mediocre rap - stay for the epic party to celebrate Le'Veon's latest artistic triumph - it's all good as long as Le'Veon is picking up the tab

Thanks for the memories

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    There's no way he's in "football shape". Remember that guy on the right?

The guy on the right was hungry. The guy on the left is fat. I'm not talking about food either (though that may be included).