Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Leveon Bell Watch thread

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

The Official Leveon Bell Watch thread

Last edited by stillers4me; 09-12-2018 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Oh, hell. Why not.
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Re: rumors flowing now Bell wont show till week 10

I ain't even mad anymore. I think if he tries pulling this they seriously should consider rescinding the tag. This is probably a huge distraction to the team and honestly I'm comfortable with Conner / Ridley at this point.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

No Bell=Less drama for the steelers who is a good thing

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    I ain't even mad anymore. I think if he tries pulling this they seriously should consider rescinding the tag. This is probably a huge distraction to the team and honestly I'm comfortable with Conner / Ridley at this point.
    That's what Bell wants

But if Bell is not in the locker room, it's not a distraction

I don't want that Bell play another snap with the steelers.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    No Bell=Less drama for the steelers who is a good thing

That's what Bell wants

But if Bell is not in the locker room, it's not a distraction

I don't want that Bell play another snap with the steelers.
    True. Maybe give him the Marcus Allen treatment lol

True. Maybe give him the Marcus Allen treatment lol
    What was the Marcus Allen treatment?

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

https://www.steelernation.com/bells-agent-read-between-the-lines/

- - - Updated - - -

listen and read between the lines I guess

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

He actually does that, then wait until Week 8 or so and then pull it. Don't do it now and free him up to seek his big deal with another team, which may be exactly what he is trying to do.

My other theory is that maybe he really did spend all summer dicking around, and is just now realizing that he's in no shape to play running back, and will not get a huge contract if he shows up being fat and slow and gaining 21 yards on 19 carries. Or maybe as someone else said, didn't give himself enough lead time to quit smoking weed, and needs another month to avoid failing a drug test and costing himself the big contract.

Either way, if any of this is remotely true, then fuck it, we just have to plan for him not being here.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

What was the Marcus Allen treatment?
    Let him ride the bench basically and then trade him at the end of the season, I think he had problems with the front office at oakland and had a problem playing behind bo jackson or something. FO refused to trade him even though he asked a bunch of times

Let him ride the bench basically and then trade him at the end of the season, I think he had problems with the front office at oakland and had a problem playing behind bo jackson or something. FO refused to trade him even though he asked a bunch of times
    This is the thing to do with Bell too...Let him ride the bench if he comeback in week 10!

This is the thing to do with Bell too...Let him ride the bench if he comeback in week 10!

if he doesn't show up till week 10 , I rescind the tag face to face when he does show up or I have a deal in place with another teams when he signs it we ship him to you for " fill in the blank " as long as it is a 3rd rounder or above

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

If he waits until wk10 to come back and he gets benched for the rest of the season, does he still get his game check?
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG Ī-

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Steelers may have blown this - tie up $14 million in cap space on Bell while you wait for him to show up rather than cut ties after the 2017 season and use the $$$ to address needs

If Bell shows up in November he will do all he can to avoid seeing the field after he reports

In terms of the most hated athletes in Pittsburgh history it is shaping up to be the killer Bs - Bell & Barry Bonds (who also never won a championship)

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    If he waits until wk10 to come back and he gets benched for the rest of the season, does he still get his game check?
    yes he is paid once he is activated ( beyond any exemptions )

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Fuck that. Let him show up Week 10 and then run the shit out of him and his “fresh legs” until he hoists that trophy!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Junior Member Array title="lt194camaroz is an unknown quantity at this point">

With the recent capspace we've cleared I would be giving demarco Murray a call. I know hes retired but I think that was more bc he didn't have any offers from any contenders. It wasn't too long ago that he was putting up stats that compared to Leveon. Maybe I'm crazy but he would be a good insurance policy for if connor doesn't impress and it makes bell not showing up sting less. I'm with everyone on Bell having lost a step and isnt what he used to be, hes still very very good and someone will pay him what he wants but I think hes gonna be on the downside of his career with all the touches hes had. It would be nice to have him this last year but we dont need him to still be good enough on offense. The defense is going to be what makes or breaks us in all honesty.

Fuck that. Let him show up Week 10 and then run the shit out of him and his “fresh legs” until he hoists that trophy!
    problem with that is , its assuming he won't quit or half ass it at a crucial point in a game ... I no longer trust him to " give it his all "

be gone with your dumb ass self bell I am D-O-N-E

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

So how will the depth chart go without bell?

Conner 1
    Samuels 2
    Ridley 3

?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Steeler View Post
    So how will the depth chart go without bell?

Conner 1
    Samuels 2
    Ridley 3

?
    Ridley over Samuels, IMO. And Conner is definitely the #1

- - - Updated - - -

People who picked up Conner in fantasy be like

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

rumors flowing now Bell wont show till week 10

problem with that is , its assuming he won't quit or half ass it at a crucial point in a game ... I no longer trust him to " give it his all "

be gone with your dumb ass self bell I am D-O-N-E
    You’d think you’d be able to see that and that could hurt his value...you’d think...but I get what you are saying. I wouldn’t rescind the tag I’d just wear him down. He wants you to bench him to save wear and tear on his body or better yet, you release him and the Patriots, Eagles, Packers, etc. sign him for a playoff run. Nope. I use him to death and save Conner so he’s healthy for the run...

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Ridley over Samuels, IMO. And Conner is definitely the #1

- - - Updated - - -

People who picked up Conner in fantasy be like

Hahaha caught me... Dude I wish.. I was going to wait until this morning to see if Lev offically misses the last day before it dips into his wallet.

Someone got conner last night.

You’d think you’d be able to see that and that could hurt his value...you’d think...but I get what you are saying.

he isnt a smart guy ...

he is all about the money , yet is willing to leave 8.55 million on the table ...

so basically he will have to get a deal in FA worth 9 million more over a 1 year shorter term to equal what he could have got form the steelers ... that simply put is not going to happen esp with 1 more year passing by ( father time slowly but surely making his mark )

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

he isnt a smart guy ...

he is all about the money , yet is willing to leave 8.55 million on the table ...

so basically he will have to get a deal in FA worth 9 million more over a 1 year shorter term to equal what he could have got form the steelers ... that simply put is not going to happen esp with 1 more year passing by ( father time slowly but surely making his mark )
    This same thing came up last year, as well as the year before with someone else who was threatening to sit out the whole season (don't remember whether it was the Steelers or a different team). There is a very strong mathematical case that it is basically impossible to leave that amount of money on the table and make it back on your next contract, or even over the course of your whole career. You certainly won't exceed it, and would need to be very lucky just to break even.

Even if you do get a giant deal - what's to say you wouldn't have gotten the same deal if you would have played and collected your franchise tag money also? Or an even bigger contract if you'd played and put up big numbers?

But, his last name isn't Bell-Einstein for nothing.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

he isnt a smart guy ...

Not only that, but if he thinks he's getting a bigger contract than Gurley, he's smoking rocks. Gurley set the ceiling on RB contracts, since he's the #1 RB in the league. Why would anyone give him better than #1 RB money for less production?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Steeler View Post
    Hahaha caught me... Dude I wish.. I was going to wait until this morning to see if Lev offically misses the last day before it dips into his wallet.

Someone got conner last night.
    I drafted Conner in the 12th round of my first draft.

Junior Member Array title="lt194camaroz is an unknown quantity at this point">

Hes available in my league........I'm 1st on the waiver order so my claim is already put in. Shitty part is Bell was the 1st player taken bc of ESPN's ranking system and the person that had the #1 pick wasnt active for the draft so it autopicked leveon

I drafted Conner in the 12th round of my first draft.
    Yeah my brother said in his league he got snagged in a late round too. Might end up paying off.

they can rescind it at any time up until he actually signs it ....

but if he isnt showing up may as well just keep those game checks towards next years cap and once he signs trade him and get something ...

if we rescind now we will not get any compensation when he signs elsewhere so get compensation from someone else for giving them early negotiation privileges and a chance for him to learn the systems prior to 2019 .... problem is the bigger a dick he proves to be the less inclined other teams may be to pony up much for his rights to service and early negotiation time .... they may feel as though its a short term rental with little chance a long term contract based on his actions with the steelers in the negotiation process