Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Leveon Bell Watch thread

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Re: The Official Leveon Bell Watch thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Hope he fails it in week 10 then gets suspended for the season
    Doesn't he sit for a year if he gets popped again?

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Not entirely sure, his last suspension was knocked down from 4 to 3, so I don't know if not yet because of that technicality. But it'd be funny as heck if he got suspended for an entire season after turning down the Steelers offer.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    No. The NFL "admitted" fault in his most recent failed test and did not advance Bell in the program. His next suspension will be 4 games with a potential to negotiate it down to 2 or 3.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Honest question: Isn't he being tested anyway?

I thought I had read somewhere that not having a signed contract did not exempt you from the testing program. In other words, you are considered an "active" player from the time you sign your first contract until you inform the league you are retiring; if you happen to be unsigned at some point in the meantime, it is still assumed you are "in" the league unless you say otherwise. If not, it could easily be abused to avoid suspensions.

This could be outdated information, but it just sticks out in the back of my mind like it could still be a thing.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Honest question: Isn't he being tested anyway?

I thought I had read somewhere that not having a signed contract did not exempt you from the testing program. In other words, you are considered an "active" player from the time you sign your first contract until you inform the league you are retiring; if you happen to be unsigned at some point in the meantime, it is still assumed you are "in" the league unless you say otherwise. If not, it could easily be abused to avoid suspensions.

This could be outdated information, but it just sticks out in the back of my mind like it could still be a thing.

I don't think he can be tested because he isn't under contract until he signs.

If you don't have a contract, I don't believe that player can be tested because he technically isn't working in the NFL.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I don't think he can be tested because he isn't under contract until he signs.

If you don't have a contract, I don't believe that player can be tested because he technically isn't working in the NFL.

You know, I can't find anything about being tested if not under contract. I must have been imagining it. There are a lot of cases where players not under contract have been suspended and would have to serve the suspension if they were signed by someone - but most likely for being tested while they were still with a team.

So yeah, that does seem like the most likely explanation for Bell's "holdout."
    See you Space Cowboy ...

You know, I can't find anything about being tested if not under contract. I must have been imagining it. There are a lot of cases where players not under contract have been suspended and would have to serve the suspension if they were signed by someone - but most likely for being tested while they were still with a team.

So yeah, that does seem like the most likely explanation for Bell's "holdout."
    I actually looked for that and couldn't find it, either. However, he's also not submitted paperwork for retirement and that seems the only way to stop the testing. So, who knows, but I'd love a definite answer if someone has it.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I found this. I don't know that it is definitive, but it seems to say that he can't be tested until he signs.

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh...est-121509682/

What do you guys make of it?

The Tweet by Fittipaldo seems to say that he hasn't been tested.

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I found this. I don't know that it is definitive, but it seems to say that he can't be tested until he signs.

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh...est-121509682/

What do you guys make of it?

The Tweet by Fittipaldo seems to say that he hasn't been tested.

Well, there is this in the official NFLPA handbook, but it may only apply to PED testing, which is apparently completely separate from the substance-abuse program for weed & such.

https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.n...Substances.pdf

(it's Section 3, notable parts quoted below: )

3.1 Types of Testing

Pre-Employment: Pre-employment tests may be administered to free agent Players (whether rookies or veterans). In addition, testing will be conducted at the annual scouting combines.

Offseason: Any Player selected for testing during the off-season will be required to furnish a urine specimen at a convenient location acceptable to the Independent Administrator, subject to the qualification set forth in Section 3.2 for specimen collections occurring away from the Club facility.

Only Players who advise in writing that they have retired from the NFL will be removed from the testing pool. If, however, a Player thereafter signs a contract with a Club, he will be placed back in the testing pool.

... so it seems like at least for PEDs, you're getting tested at random unless you retire, even if you're a free agent. For weed - well, not so sure. This article, for one, makes it sound like the free-agent testing only applies to steroids and you don't get tested for weed until you sign with a team. (But when you do sign, you can expect a test the moment you walk in the door). Which would line up with the Bell situation 100%.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...e-policy-works
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

Even if Bell would not get a full year suspension for Weed, he certainly won't be getting any big contracts after being suspended for Weed three times.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

one must admit karma would be so sweet if Bell holds out till week 10 and then gets hit for a 4 game susp and then the team used the 2 week exemption in order to not have to pay him he would only get a check for 1 week this entire season and still be subject to another Tag if the team wanted to put the screws to him LOL

then Tag him till most of the big FA $'s where spent and rescind the day he shows to sign
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

LeVeon knows how the Steelers go. They start out slow and then get their shit together for a few games, drop a shit game, go on another streak, back into the playoffs , win one and lose the divisional game. He will show up at the beginning of the win streak, take credit for carrying them and get his big money contract. I suspect he will show around week 5when the Steelers start winning...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

AB - nothing will agitate Steeler Nation more than a sideline meltdown and sending a tweet suggesting trade me

Bell - hold my beer

More next level trolling here

Le'Veon Bell Hits the Jet Skis In Miami ... Pay Me Already!

Le'Veon Bell is stayin' afloat during his holdout -- zippin' around Miami on a jet ski ... and TMZ Sports has the video.

Bell was chillin' on a yacht on Monday -- living it up -- when he decided to take one of the jet skis out for a spin. ...

"You already know what it is man, we out here coolin' on the jet skis," Bell said.
    At one point, the other jet skier says, "Give my man his f**kin money" -- to which Bell smiles and replies, "You already know! You already know!"...

At least he's wearing his life jacket!

http://www.tmz.com/2018/09/17/leveon...holdout-miami/

Thanks for the memories

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Lol. Living the life...working hard to stay in shape.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Something tells me there is less and less money riding on his health by the day ...
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Something tells me there is less and less money riding on his health by the day ...
    Looking a little chunky in that video - must be an unflattering camera angle
    Thanks for the memories

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

chunky ? you are way to kind ...

dudes build is closer to Eddie Lacy than the bell we normally see ...

we all know what has happened to Lacy ......
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

He looked a little chunky at the club too ... what are the odds, two unlucky photos in a row.

"But everyone says he's in great shape!"
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

chunky ? you are way to kind ...

dudes build is closer to Eddie Lacy than the bell we normally see ...

we all know what has happened to Lacy ......
    Lol at all this people bragging how the Steelers made such a better pick in Bell than they did with Lacy. At least if they picked Lacy they probably would’ve moved on past him and the drama would be gone...

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Lol at all this people bragging how the Steelers made such a better pick in Bell than they did with Lacy. At least if they picked Lacy they probably would’ve moved on past him and the drama would be gone...
    But Lacy was a first-round pick that year, so we would've missed out on Jarvis Jones. How on earth would we have managed?
    See you Space Cowboy ...

But Lacy was a first-round pick that year, so we would've missed out on Jarvis Jones. How on earth would we have managed?
    Touché.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

He definitely looks like he's not sporting that 8 pack he usually has

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

For a guy that most have decided is unimportant to them and the team, an ignorant fool, and a generally foolish human being not worthy of their consideration and attention -- this place is oddly obsessed with every little thing Bell does or says.

"I totally don't like Leveon! Gross who told you that! Why, did he ask about me?"

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    For a guy that most have decided is unimportant to them and the team, an ignorant fool, and a generally foolish human being not worthy of their consideration and attention -- this place is oddly obsessed with every little thing Bell does or says.

"I totally don't like Leveon! Gross who told you that! Why, did he ask about me?"

"There is an idiot who is negatively affecting the team's chances to win football games."

"Hmm, why is he doing that?"

"My theory is that it's because he's selfish and an idiot."

"Well, you don't know that for sure, he says it's just business."

"Look, here's evidence that appears to support my theory that he's selfish and an idiot. I find that interesting."

"Why do you care? He's not likely to contribute to the team again, and you just said you think he is an idiot."

"Agreed, but it is still good to know you are right that he is an idiot."
    See you Space Cowboy ...

As far as being oddly obsessed with every little thing Bell does, I guess add two Steelers beat writers to the list (I got the TMZ link from a Mark Kaboly tweet)

Are jet ski's the safest place to protect your body for next years paycheck?

Ed Bouchette - Don't know but by the photo I saw of him on one of the jet ski, his body looks a little bigger

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201809180131

And you are reading the thread so where does that leave you?
    Thanks for the memories

As far as being oddly obsessed with every little thing Bell does, I guess add two Steelers beat writers to the list (I got the TMZ link from a Mark Kaboly tweet)

Are jet ski's the safest place to protect your body for next years paycheck?

Ed Bouchette - Don't know but by the photo I saw of him on one of the jet ski, his body looks a little bigger

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201809180131

And you are reading the thread so where does that leave you?
    Oh, I'm guilty too! Voyeurism is grand! But we all like to say we don't care and then we all also like to prove we care the most.

Fans are weird.

Oh, I'm guilty too! Voyeurism is grand! But we all like to say we don't care and then we all also like to prove we care the most.

Fans are weird.
    I plead guilty as charged

If the Steelers follow up the Chiefs debacle with a similar performance in Tampa next Monday night I am going to need a hazmat suit before I return here to post after the game

Thanks for the memories

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Bell looking like Jerome Bettis lol.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Fans are weird.

I don't care if we have a player who shoots up heroin at the 50-yard line during warm-ups, then scores the game-winning touchdown and kicks a dog in celebration, then goes home and goes on a 36,000-word, profanity-filled anti-gay diatribe on social media while writing bad rap lyrics and watching snuff films, as long as he scored the touchdown.

If, on the other hand, being a dickhead is interfering with your ability to help win football games, then yeah, as a fan I think it's ok to have a problem with that. If Ben deliberately threw for zero yards in a game, people would be beside themselves asking what the hell the problem was ... well, here's a guy who had zero rushing and receiving yards by choice. So naturally, people are like, what the hell is this guy's problem?

edit: Just to clarify - I "don't care" about the outcome in the sense that no matter what, I find it unlikely that Bell is going to contribute much to us on the football field this season. So I am not wringing my hands over "will he come back or won't he, and omg what week will it be" - because whatever the answer to that is, the result will probably just be more bullshit. But watching it unfold, you still smack your forehead with every successive donut hole and wonder what's wrong with the dude.
    See you Space Cowboy ...