Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Leveon Bell Watch thread

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: The Official Leveon Bell Watch thread

I really don't know how upset the OL is with Bell right now. It makes no difference to me at all but is he actually trying to rub last week's loss in the player's collective faces? How can he do that and ever expect to see the field again? So our season get dumped down the drain because the OL refuses to block for Bell once he comes back kind of stuff? That would be embarrassing for all fans. I sincerely hope this stuff ends now before it gets to the field.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Smokey is taking a massive hit to his HOF chances. Talking about only 3 full productive seasons in his first 6 years with only 2 maybe 3 seasons left in his prime. His peak is HOF caliber player, with his versatility and production in all facets, but with injuries, suspensions, now this shit, it will be really tough to say he is a HOF player I believe when his career is over. This season will be wash, he probably won't get into game shape til December and then he could see a dip in production with a worse o-line. Bad move by Smokey

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I really don't know how upset the OL is with Bell right now. It makes no difference to me at all but is he actually trying to rub last week's loss in the player's collective faces? How can he do that and ever expect to see the field again? So our season get dumped down the drain because the OL refuses to block for Bell once he comes back kind of stuff? That would be embarrassing for all fans. I sincerely hope this stuff ends now before it gets to the field.

He is trying to get released. One can only wait with bated breath to see what wacky hijinks the next week will bring.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

He has to be smart enough to not come back slow and out of shape right?
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="StillCurtains is a name known to all">

Let Bell walk. When he shows up which I suspect to be after 10 weeks, take the franchise tag contract off of the table. Make him scramble and find a team to play for in the last 6 weeks.

Many will say to do a sign and trade. I say no to that. Bell and his agent will be afforded to negotiate with the Steelers on a team of his liking. I wouldn’t give Bell that kind of respect.

Bell has made remarks about the Steelers and his contract situation in his rap music. Now he is trying to make a mockery of them with his Jet ski video. His friend making his derrogatory statement makes it more disrespectful. He thinks he’s above the team. The Steelers need to show him he’s not.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    is he actually trying to rub last week's loss in the player's collective faces? How can he do that and ever expect to see the field again?
    In the long-run, Bell will get his money from “some” team. But, this recent poking of his current team is likely to scare off a team or two (or three).

And... Bell only has to play in Weeks 10-16. He doesn’t have to play in the playoffs. Again, it only takes “one” team to pay him (and I’m certain that someone will), but sitting out of the playoffs would/should scare off another two or three teams.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    In the long-run, Bell will get his money from “some” team. But, this recent poking of his current team is likely to scare off a team or two (or three).

And... Bell only has to play in Weeks 10-16. He doesn’t have to play in the playoffs. Again, it only takes “one” team to pay him (and I’m certain that someone will), but sitting out of the playoffs would/should scare off another two or three teams.

you have more faith in there being a bone headed billionaire willing to gamble with large chunks of his teams cap to pay a guy who likely will have low production , limited touches 2 drug susp , 2 knee injuries , a bad attitude , a propensity to throw his entire team and organization under the bus , a proven cry baby and cancer ....

Bell is currently way out of shape

the longer Conner plays the more in tune he is going to be with this #1 line

the more in line and productive Conner is the fewer snaps Bell will see if/when he does get here

low production most times equals lesser pay on next deal

will be 27.5 years old before his first regular season snap of 2019 season and 28 is where the drop starts at RB granted it starts slow but is a steady decline from that point on and only RARE cases of it not happening

I am not sure ANY team takes the kind of chance Bell is trying to force feed the Steelers into taking , I believe his best contract ever offered has already been turned down ...

I also believe that If Bell does not get a swift dose of reality he may have played his last downs of football ....

I suspect he is still smoking it up and I also believe there is a fairly decent chance he will fail a piss test and if that happens , forget about it
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you have more faith in there being a bone headed billionaire willing to gamble with large chunks of his teams cap to pay a guy who likely will have low production , limited touches 2 drug susp , 2 knee injuries , a bad attitude , a propensity to throw his entire team and organization under the bus , a proven cry baby and cancer ....

Bell is currently way out of shape

the longer Conner plays the more in tune he is going to be with this #1 line

the more in line and productive Conner is the fewer snaps Bell will see if/when he does get here

low production most times equals lesser pay on next deal

will be 27.5 years old before his first regular season snap of 2019 season and 28 is where the drop starts at RB granted it starts slow but is a steady decline from that point on and only RARE cases of it not happening

I am not sure ANY team takes the kind of chance Bell is trying to force feed the Steelers into taking , I believe his best contract ever offered has already been turned down ...

I also believe that If Bell does not get a swift dose of reality he may have played his last downs of football ....

I suspect he is still smoking it up and I also believe there is a fairly decent chance he will fail a piss test and if that happens , forget about it

The Taperiots just took a chance on Josh Gordon (who is far, far more dysfunctional). So, some team will indeed give Bell a large contract.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

The Taperiots just took a chance on Josh Gordon (who is far, far more dysfunctional). So, some team will indeed give Bell a large contract.

yes they did for the balance of 1 season on a rookie contract ... huge difference in that and what Bell is expecting

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    There's no way he's in "football shape". Remember that guy on the right?

The guy on the left looks like he's well on his way to becoming the second coming of Fats Holmes.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

The Patriots give dysfunctional players small contracts.

Out of New York, L.A., Miami, and Vegas, the Rams and Giants don't need a running back, the Chargers have no cap space, Raiders have made it clear they can't afford another blockbuster contract ... Bell had better hope the Jets and Dolphins have him on their priority list amd aren't among the teams he turned off. Because his actions in Pittsburgh scream that he isn't willing to go anywhere but a "destination" city.

Yes, he's talented enough that teams will want to sign him. Will they be lining up to offer a record-breaking, GUARANTEED deal to a guy with a drug history, injury history, and now an unmistakable attitude problem? Wouldn't be so sure that "Bell will get his money from someone." NFL teams might put talent above all else, but they're not stupid.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Out of New York, L.A., Miami, and Vegas, the Rams and Giants don't need a running back, the Chargers have no cap space, Raiders have made it clear they can't afford another blockbuster contract ... Bell had better hope the Jets and Dolphins have him on their priority list amd aren't among the teams he turned off. Because his actions in Pittsburgh scream that he isn't willing to go anywhere but a "destination" city.

Yes, he's talented enough that teams will want to sign him. Will they be lining up to offer a record-breaking, GUARANTEED deal to a guy with a drug history, injury history, and now an unmistakable attitude problem.
    IMO Bell will go the highest bidder wherever that may be, which will be a lot closer to David Johnson than Gurley $$$ (see linked FiveThirtyEight article from last week)
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...s-holdout-now/l

As far as going to a big time city with a better social scene, with Bell’s drug history teams in those cities may be even more reluctant to sign him with great temptations being just an Uber ride away

And one of the biggest side benefits of playing in a big market is greater possibilities for endorsements (as shown with Eli, who has not done squat on the field since the 2011 season, and Odell Beckham). With Bell having ramped up his image this month as the epitome of the narcissistic pro athlete who does not give a rip about his team, doubtful companies are looking for Bell to be the face associated with their product.
    Thanks for the memories

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    IMO Bell will go the highest bidder wherever that may be, which will be a lot closer to David Johnson than Gurley $$$ (see linked FiveThirtyEight article from last week)
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...s-holdout-now/l

As far as going to a big time city with a better social scene, with Bell’s drug history teams in those cities may be even more reluctant to sign him with great temptations being just an Uber ride away

And one of the biggest side benefits of playing in a big market is greater possibilities for endorsements (as shown with Eli, who has not done squat on the field since the 2011 season, and Odell Beckham). With Bell having ramped up his image this month as the epitome of the narcissistic pro athlete who does not give a rip about his team, doubtful companies are looking for Bell to be the face associated with their product.

If he's going strictly for maximizing every penny he can earn as he says, then obviously he's taken taxes into account, so he'd be limited to a few places like Florida, Nevada, Tennessee, and Texas (Pennsylvania is actually lowest among states that do have income tax, telling me that's not really all there is to it).

If he's going, as I suspect, for a certain lifestyle that feeds into his ego, then he's also limited to the places I mentioned earlier. I really cannot see him playing in, like, Denver or Green Bay.

Really, he desperately wants to play for Miami, who I guess could afford him if they really wanted to go all-in ... but are they one of the teams that have turned into doubters? Who knows, but it's a big roll of the dice.

For that matter, what team wouldn't have turned into doubters? At the very least, the list will be growing by the week. I think he believes that come March, it'll just be a big party at a nightclub where every throws money at him because he's so cool, and he sits there in the VIP lounge with his sunglasses on indoors, smoking a cigar and waving his hand like "keep it coming, I'll tell you when I'm good," and they just keep throwing more money at him because he's so cool.

When actually the position he's in is, here's a guy who hasn't done shit for a whole year, had the equivalent of a self-imposed season-long suspension for being a headcase, and has to sell them on the fact that he can still play. And also that his malfunctioning this season was an isolated incident that won't happen again (despite the fact that it has basically happened twice in a row), and all the other drug and suspension drama was an isolated incident that won't happen again (despite the fact that it happened twice in a row), and all the injury drama was an isolated incident that won't happen again (despite the fact that it happened twice in a row, and he is apparently concerned enough that it will happen again to make ruinously bad financial moves), and that he isn't hiding anything else that will be a problem.

Like - the first time someone wants to bring him in for a workout instead of signing him sight-unseen, and his ego takes it as an affront, what happens then?
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

was just going to post this ... that said there is still a little detail about him being signed before he could be traded

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Good. See ya.
    Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Steelers-Bell is the paper/rock/scissors game as a negotiating style

The fun part will be when Bell refuses to report after the trade because he cannot pass the drug screening - Steelers better put a no warranties express or implied regarding his ability to play clause in any deal

As Dwinsgames posts above, getting Bell to sign the tag first is no small problem

Like the Steelers, other NFL teams can’t sign Bell to a long-term contract until after the 2018 regular season is over now that the mid July deadline has passed. Personally, I find it hard to believe that any team would trade for Bell knowing that he might sign elsewhere come March 2019, the start of free agency.

Additionally, like former NFL agent Joel Corry told me a few weeks ago, Bell might demand a no-trade clause or trade veto power in his franchise tag tender if and when he ever shows up to sign it as language such as that can still be negotiated.

https://steelersdepot.com/2018/09/re...b-leveon-bell/

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

was just going to post this ... that said there is still a little detail about him being signed before he could be traded
    Can another team build a contract that extends Bell after he signs the tag with Pittsburgh and then he is traded to said team?

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Work out a trade with the Dolphins, maybe the Jets, and he'll be in there to sign it faster than you can say "smoke weed every day."

I imagine whatever offer would be heavily contingent on 1) Bell being able to play this year and not suspended or 280 lbs., and 2) him re-signing next year.

I wonder if it is legal under league rules to replace the franchise tag with a 1-year, $14,500,001 contract, trade him, and then the Dolphins extend him. It's been said you can't do that to extend your own player on the franchise tag, but don't know if it applies to a new team he's traded to.

Anyway, fuck this guy.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Trade him to the worst team making an offer, likely the most desperate anyway

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Would love to see him go to the Dolphins. That's his stomping ground and there's no way he'll stay out of trouble down there.

Last edited by AtlantaDan; 09-23-2018 at 01:32 PM.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Niners might be a good match up. Signed Leveon Bell lite in the offseason. Have picks and space.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Just not in the division please. Several teams could put him to good use but do they have the money or the want to to spend it.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Can another team build a contract that extends Bell after he signs the tag with Pittsburgh and then he is traded to said team?
    no........

he can not sign a deal other than the tag until the start of free agency

no........

he can not sign a deal other than the tag until the start of free agency
    That's basically a hard stop on any trade if there is not a creative way around it. Why would a team trade for him if they know they are, by rule, going through the same irrational free-agent negotiations that we just did, and they will be in the same irrational free-market bidding war with all 32 teams as they would if they just waited for him to become a free agent?

The trade then becomes, "what am i willing to offer in exchange for the right to pay an astronomical salary for a half-season rental of a guy who may or may not be in football shape?"

Well, the answer is not much. And the rental part disqualifies everyone but top contenders, who for the most part have spent all their cap space or already have the RB they want or both.

Good luck getting more than the comp pick you'd get anyway if he signs in Week 10 amd then leaves in the off-season.

On the other hand, if we deem we can get more with $6-10 million in cap room than a late third-round pick would offer, then i guess just take whatever we can get.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Re: rumors flowing now Bell wont show till week 10

It’s unfortunate, he’s a very good back and the Steelers could’ve used him, but team first.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

I kinda dream of a Bell for Earl Thomas swap.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Hope we can get something for him