Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Colin Kaepernick

Senior Member Array title="Carolina Steelers has a spectacular aura about"> Carolina Steelers's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1

Colin Kaepernick

Looks like Nike has named him the face of 30th anniversary for nikes “just do it campaign

https://twitter.com/yahoosportsnfl/s...331078144?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Re: Colin Kapernick

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Steelers View Post
    Looks like Nike has named him the face of 30th anniversary for nikes “just do it campaign

https://twitter.com/yahoosportsnfl/s...331078144?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just a wild guess the Nike marketing department has customer surveys that conclude just doing that has an upside with the target audience that buys Nike products and will help the bottom line

[A Nike VP] said the new version of the campaign is meant to specifically speak to 15- to 17-year olds.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...rsary-campaign

A famous person who likes to use twitter presumably will not let this slide by without a comment

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

^^^ Who is that clown???

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post
    What....

The only time he looked like one of the best QB in the league was when he was playing against a defense led by Dom Capers.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    ^^^ Who is that clown???
    The former president of Iran and a man of many sports takes

https://deadspin.com/now-mahmoud-ahmadinejad-is-calling-out-the-nfl-over-col-1828787936

After
    joining Twitter in March, Ahmadinejad mostly tweets about normal things like the “dictatorship” of the U.S. dollar, the “arrogant Zionists,” and the “annihilation of US global domination.”

https://deadspin.com/mahmoud-ahmadin...s-t-1828651982

No surprise given the tolerance for dissent and commitment to civil liberties by the Iranian government that he is all in for Kaepernick

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Are we talking about the same colin kaepernick that lost his job to Blaine gabbert? That guy?

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    The former president of Iran and a man of many sports takes

https://deadspin.com/now-mahmoud-ahmadinejad-is-calling-out-the-nfl-over-col-1828787936

After
    joining Twitter in March, Ahmadinejad mostly tweets about normal things like the “dictatorship” of the U.S. dollar, the “arrogant Zionists,” and the “annihilation of US global domination.”

https://deadspin.com/mahmoud-ahmadin...s-t-1828651982

No surprise given the tolerance for dissent and commitment to civil liberties by the Iranian government that he is all in for Kaepernick
    Plus, he has said numerous times that he wants to wipe out Israel from the map.

So one of the worst antisemites around. In Germany he was even titled "The Madman of Teheran" during his presidency.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Nikes hurt my feet.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Screw Nike and CK. My honest belief is that CK sat out the anthem because his piss poor attitude towards this country, then when he was called out on it he had to scramble for a cause.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Nikes hurt my feet.
    Nike hurts my wallet. I stay away anyways.

Senior Member Array title="Neversatisfied has a spectacular aura about">

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
    But he score 4 touchdowns in a single game.....for Polk High

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I’m out of the Nike footwear market.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="JnK has much to be proud of">

'Believe in something. Even if it means sacrificing everything.'

Dear JnK I scewed up your post....meant to quote it and instead I edited it. Please forgive me.........

Someday I'll get the hang of this internets stuff. ~Sue
    Last edited by stillers4me; 09-04-2018 at 04:41 PM.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

You can't tell me this announcement had nothing to do with the start of the NFL regular season. Gonna be some big time free advertising for Nike anyway. Twitter is already amok.

And doesn't Krapernick have a pending case against the NFL? and Nike is an official NFL sponsor and supplier of uniform apparel... should be interesting.

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Nike stuff never fits me right anyways.

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Nike has some great ads.

As for CK, I like seeing companies take risks. It's the American way.

Quote Originally Posted by JnK View Post
    .... and who gives a rat's ass what Lebron thinks.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba...cid=spartandhp
    Some demographic groups more than others

Why LeBron Can Say Whatever He Wants About Politics

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...bout-politics/

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

All the people burning Nike stuff is hilarious!

You already paid for that and Nike already has your money. I bet they are super worried about it!

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post

correction NOT in the league
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

You already paid for that and Nike already has your money. I bet they are super worried about it!
    its not about the money already spent ... its about those pieces no longer being around to advertise the brand ...

that said it will not be a significant portion of merchandise that was sold ...

However Nike market share dropped by 3.75 BILLION dollars

on the bright side for nike it generated 43 million worth of advertising dollars by people outrage and the news stories that associated with it ...

that said how much of that " advertising generated" actually helped the brand vs hurt it will be up for debate for the next several weeks I suspect ...

Nike said they did a study on what hiring kap would do and expected good returns ... if early results ( down 3.75 billion ) are any indication of the study I am thinking they hired the same company that claimed Trump has no path to victory as the data consultants
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

I bet they might be a little more worried now. Nike stock is falling at a rapid pace. I'm staying out of the argument as to who is and isn't right, but...... this move by Nike strikes me as very odd for a company that likes to make money.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    its not about the money already spent ... its about those pieces no longer being around to advertise the brand ...

that said it will not be a significant portion of merchandise that was sold ...

However Nike market share dropped by 3.75 BILLION dollars

on the bright side for nike it generated 43 million worth of advertising dollars by people outrage and the news stories that associated with it ...

that said how much of that " advertising generated" actually helped the brand vs hurt it will be up for debate for the next several weeks I suspect ...

Nike said they did a study on what hiring kap would do and expected good returns ... if early results ( down 3.75 billion ) are any indication of the study I am thinking they hired the same company that claimed Trump has no path to victory as the data consultants
    I understand that folks are pissed. But they were pissed at Target and some other big brand awhile back, Yeti I think? - and the same thing happened. A bunch of folks posted videos of them burning stuff. The stock market got nervous and things dipped for like a hot minute and then everyone moved on and the brand(s) in question were fine.

Nike stock dropped about 3% for a day. They are still up almost 28% for the year. And 60% of their sales are outside the US were no one gives a crap about any of this.

It is all just a tempest in a teapot. And people burning/destroying their own stuff because they think a multi-national corporation gives a crap is really really funny to me!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    I bet they might be a little more worried now. Nike stock is falling at a rapid pace. I'm staying out of the argument as to who is and isn't right, but...... this move by Nike strikes me as very odd for a company that likes to make money.
    Oh, for sure. I wasn't even attempting to parse right or wrong. Nike's stock will take a downturn for like a news cycle or two. Then it will stabilize and continue to grow. I believe the same thing happened to Yeti, Target, and there was some fancy coffee or blender company as well earlier this year.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

I guess I don't understand the thought process behind this. Why would any business savvy company do this!? What am I not seeing? What can possibly be gained from such a risky decision?

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

I guess I don't understand the thought process behind this. Why would any business savvy company do this!? What am I not seeing? What can possibly be gained from such a risky decision?
    As Mojouw pointed out, 60% of Nike's sales are outside of the U.S. where folks don't give a crap.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Re: Colin Kaepernick

Instead of burning Nike stuff, why not give them away to homeless veterans these guys pretend to care about?

Re: Colin Kaepernick

Good question.

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

It's a slogan with a face, like Just Do It. However, if you're hung up on Kaepernick and the flag you won't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    A famous person who likes to use twitter presumably will not let this slide by without a comment