Thread: Raiders Trade For Bills QB AJ McCarron

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Raiders Trade For Bills QB AJ McCarron

Raiders acquired McCarron to go along with Carr, Connor Cook and EJ Manuel.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Re: Raiders Trade For Bills QB AJ McCarron

Manual must be on his way out
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

He's had quite the past 10 months

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

The Raiders are an absolute mess.

Gave up a draft pick for a guy that was absolutely terrible this preseason and was almost certainly a potential cut anyways.

Then to top it off, you cut bait on 2 guys in Manuel and Cook who performed better than McCarron this preseason and actually know your system.

So you paid a draft pick to get your hands on a guy who has only ever looked good ONCE if you kinda squinted and made apologies for his mistakes while subbing for Dalton. Recenly, McCarron (who is now 28 BTW) has looked almost totally over-matched and is surely as "developed" as he is gonna get.

And top put a cherry on top of it -- you gave a 3rd round pick to get Bryant. Now there is a chance the suspension you had to always be afraid of is coming. And you cut him. Why? Once he is suspended he does not count against the 53 man roster. If you were not comfortable dealing with and seeing the player through a suspension, why in the hell would you give up a draft pick to take on the single highest suspension risk in the entire league?

I am starting to think the Raiders are over-taking the Browns for worst run team in the league.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    And top put a cherry on top of it -- you gave a 3rd round pick to get Bryant. Now there is a chance the suspension you had to always be afraid of is coming. And you cut him. Why? Once he is suspended he does not count against the 53 man roster. If you were not comfortable dealing with and seeing the player through a suspension, why in the hell would you give up a draft pick to take on the single highest suspension risk in the entire league?

I am starting to think the Raiders are over-taking the Browns for worst run team in the league.
    The league office did not do the Raiders any favors by stringing out Bryant's appeal (which I would guess is not challenging a positive test but involves either Bryant missing drug tests, as he did prior to his one year suspension, or something to do with the urine sample)

Rumors of the suspension have been floating around since June but still no resolution. And the Raiders allegedly were tired of all the other bullshit that they should have known is part of the Martavis Bryant Experience if they had done due diligence or just visited Steelers Universe.

The Raiders were hoping to get resolution before the 4 p.m. ET Saturday deadline for roster submission but did not, and while there was uncertainty about Bryant's status, general manager Reggie McKenzie insisted that was not the reason Oakland released him.

"The bottom line: With the competition we had, we feel like we got some good players, man," he said. "And with Martavis, he missed some practice, a lot of practice time with minor ailments, and guys just came in and competed. And at the end of the day, the guys we rewarded were the guys who came to work every day and made plays.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...spension-looms

Excerpt from blistering takedown of Gruden below

Trading Khalil Mack Is an Insane Move for Jon Gruden and the Raiders

Ship off the franchise’s best defensive player since Charles Woodson for a pair of first-round picks—the kind of players Gruden has not extensively dealt with under the time constraints of a new collective bargaining agreement. The kinds of young guys that he tends to ignore anyway while hoarding 30-plus year old talent that can more quickly legitimize his garbled offense....

The sheer ridiculousness of paying $100 million to a coach who has not won a playoff game since the year the Department of Homeland Security was created and then griping about finances when it comes to paying one of your two faces of the franchise is laughable.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/09/01/kh...gruden-raiders

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    The league office did not do the Raiders any favors by stringing out Bryant's appeal (which I would guess is not challenging a positive test but involves either Bryant missing drug tests, as he did prior to his one year suspension, or something to do with the urine sample)

Rumors of the suspension have been floating around since June but still no resolution. And the Raiders allegedly were tired of all the other bullshit that they should have known is part of the Martavis Bryant Experience if they had done due diligence or just visited Steelers Universe.

The Raiders were hoping to get resolution before the 4 p.m. ET Saturday deadline for roster submission but did not, and while there was uncertainty about Bryant's status, general manager Reggie McKenzie insisted that was not the reason Oakland released him.

"The bottom line: With the competition we had, we feel like we got some good players, man," he said. "And with Martavis, he missed some practice, a lot of practice time with minor ailments, and guys just came in and competed. And at the end of the day, the guys we rewarded were the guys who came to work every day and made plays.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...spension-looms

Excerpt from blistering takedown of Gruden below

Trading Khalil Mack Is an Insane Move for Jon Gruden and the Raiders

Ship off the franchise’s best defensive player since Charles Woodson for a pair of first-round picks—the kind of players Gruden has not extensively dealt with under the time constraints of a new collective bargaining agreement. The kinds of young guys that he tends to ignore anyway while hoarding 30-plus year old talent that can more quickly legitimize his garbled offense....

The sheer ridiculousness of paying $100 million to a coach who has not won a playoff game since the year the Department of Homeland Security was created and then griping about finances when it comes to paying one of your two faces of the franchise is laughable.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/09/01/kh...gruden-raiders
    Yeah, that is just a boatload of bad management right there. While it is clear that the NFL didn't do the Raiders any favors with Bryant -- how were the Raiders not prepared for this scenario? And if your "plan" was to just cut the dude as soon as it got dicey -- then why would you trade for him in the first place? I mean I truly get that Bryant is not really a great football player at this point, but you had to know that going in and then get caught with your pants down when it happens...that's Browns level crap right there.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

But Gruden is such a QB Guru...

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

In a span of a few hours Saturday, the Oakland Raiders made a series of moves that, combined, make no sense. They dumped their one true superstar for a haul of picks that almost certainly won’t replace him, gave up on a player the team just traded for, and gave away a draft pick to completely restructure their backup quarterback situation around a significantly worse quarterback.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2018/9...en-aj-mccarron

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

Gave up a draft pick for a guy that was absolutely terrible this preseason and was almost certainly a potential cut anyways.

Then to top it off, you cut bait on 2 guys in Manuel and Cook who performed better than McCarron this preseason and actually know your system.

So you paid a draft pick to get your hands on a guy who has only ever looked good ONCE if you kinda squinted and made apologies for his mistakes while subbing for Dalton. Recenly, McCarron (who is now 28 BTW) has looked almost totally over-matched and is surely as "developed" as he is gonna get.

They gave 100 million to have Gruden!!!!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    In a span of a few hours Saturday, the Oakland Raiders made a series of moves that, combined, make no sense. They dumped their one true superstar for a haul of picks that almost certainly won’t replace him, gave up on a player the team just traded for, and gave away a draft pick to completely restructure their backup quarterback situation around a significantly worse quarterback.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2018/9...en-aj-mccarron

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Raiders and Chuckie look like a joke right now but it’s in his power to get the last laugh. Just win baby.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

I got nothing. I'll just sit here and read whatever you guys have to say. The Raiders are a dumpster fire. All I can hope for is the move to Vegas will bring some continuity to the team and Mark Davis will wake up and see just how bad and incompetent Reggie really is. Other than managing money, he is just terrible at talent recognition and drafting.

I don't know that Gruden is any better to tell you the truth. I'm one of the few that did not want him back. I still think this was/will be a bad move. I guess there is nothing to do but wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    I got nothing. I'll just sit here and read whatever you guys have to say. The Raiders are a dumpster fire. All I can hope for is the move to Vegas will bring some continuity to the team and Mark Davis will wake up and see just how bad and incompetent Reggie really is. Other than managing money, he is just terrible at talent recognition and drafting.

I don't know that Gruden is any better to tell you the truth. I'm one of the few that did not want him back. I still think this was/will be a bad move. I guess there is nothing to do but wait and see.
    Reggie was bad in the last few years, but the moves the raiders made lately were Gruden moves.With his contract, this is certain that this is Gruden who runs the show and that Reggie has no power since Gruden is back.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

This is a strange move to me now. I thought McCarron played well in Cincy. When the Bills traded him away I just knew that meant Josh Allen. Now the Bills announce Nathan Peterman will be their starter. Guess they know something I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    This is a strange move to me now. I thought McCarron played well in Cincy. When the Bills traded him away I just knew that meant Josh Allen. Now the Bills announce Nathan Peterman will be their starter. Guess they know something I don't.

Peterman win the job over McCarron in the preseason.

Lecherous Raiders announcer Brent Musburger still hot for McCarron's wife

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    LOL! I can pretty much guarantee that aint happening.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Man i could picture Jax being scary if this happens