Thread: Former Eagles, Current Browns LB Charged With Insider Trading

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Former Eagles, Current Browns LB Charged With Insider Trading

Cleveland Browns linebacker Mychal Kendricks has been charged with insider trading by federal prosecutors over his involvement in a scheme with Damilare Sonoiki, a Harvard-educated former investment banker who more recently has served as a staff writer for the ABC television program “Black-ish.”

In a statement, Kendricks admitted to the insider trading and his attorney, Michael Schwartz, told the Philadelphia Inquirer that his client is expected to plead guilty in the coming weeks.

“I apologize. Four years ago, I participated in insider trading, and I deeply regret it,” Kendricks said in the statement. “I invested money with a former friend of mine who I thought I could trust and who I greatly admired. His background as a Harvard graduate and an employee of Goldman Sachs gave me a false sense of confidence. To that point, I had worked my tail off since I was 5 years old to become the football player that I am today. I was drawn in by the allure of being more than just a football player. While I didn’t fully understand all of the details of the illegal trades, I knew it was wrong, and I wholeheartedly regret my actions.

“Since the beginning of the investigation, I have fully cooperated with all of the authorities and will continue to do so. I accept full responsibility for my actions. Although I did not take any of the profits for myself, I am committed to repaying all of the funds gained illegally and accept the consequences of my actions.

“I sincerely apologize to my coaches, the owners, and my teammates on the Eagles and the Browns, the NFL, and the magnificent fans to whom I owe my career. I also apologize to my family, who I have failed in this. You all deserve better, and I will work my hardest to re-earn your trust and respect, serve as an advocate to educate others, and show you that I will never be involved in anything like this again. Thank you for your time and hopefully your forgiveness.”

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/ampht...-plead-guilty/

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Re: Former Eagles, Current Browns LB Charged With Insider Trading

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Cleveland Browns linebacker Mychal Kendricks has been charged with insider trading by federal prosecutors over his involvement in a scheme with Damilare Sonoiki, a Harvard-educated former investment banker who more recently has served as a staff writer for the ABC television program “Black-ish.”

In a statement, Kendricks admitted to the insider trading and his attorney, Michael Schwartz, told the Philadelphia Inquirer that his client is expected to plead guilty in the coming weeks.

“I apologize. Four years ago, I participated in insider trading, and I deeply regret it,” Kendricks said in the statement. “I invested money with a former friend of mine who I thought I could trust and who I greatly admired. His background as a Harvard graduate and an employee of Goldman Sachs gave me a false sense of confidence. To that point, I had worked my tail off since I was 5 years old to become the football player that I am today. I was drawn in by the allure of being more than just a football player. While I didn’t fully understand all of the details of the illegal trades, I knew it was wrong, and I wholeheartedly regret my actions.

“Since the beginning of the investigation, I have fully cooperated with all of the authorities and will continue to do so. I accept full responsibility for my actions. Although I did not take any of the profits for myself, I am committed to repaying all of the funds gained illegally and accept the consequences of my actions.

“I sincerely apologize to my coaches, the owners, and my teammates on the Eagles and the Browns, the NFL, and the magnificent fans to whom I owe my career. I also apologize to my family, who I have failed in this. You all deserve better, and I will work my hardest to re-earn your trust and respect, serve as an advocate to educate others, and show you that I will never be involved in anything like this again. Thank you for your time and hopefully your forgiveness.”

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/ampht...-plead-guilty/
    Well, that's something you don't see everyday . . . an NFL player running afoul of the law for white-collar crime. Also like how he takes full credit and apologizes and then moves forward.