Thread: Packers & QB Aaron Rodgers Agree To Massive Extension

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Packers & QB Aaron Rodgers Agree To Massive Extension

4-Year $134M Extension with OVER $100M in guarantees!

Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Re: Packers & QB Aaron Rodgers Agree To Massive Extension

Most talented QB ever. Deserves every penny.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

That's a lot of cheese. Add a few bucks for all of the commercials too.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Now Rodgers can rescue them from the fire whenever they fuck up.

Rodgers is the single entity keeping Green Bay relevant and Mike McCarthy in a job. They're totally forgettable without him. Deserves every single dollar of that contract.

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Smart of Green Bay. Look at all the SBs he's won so far.

Aaron Rogers: 33 million a year: 1 Ring

Tom Brady: 15 million a year: 5 Rings

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

The fact that Brady is making so little continues to fuel my speculation that he is getting money under the table from Kraft. I would love to do a forensic accounting audit on Mr. Kraft.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    4-Year $134M Extension with OVER $100M in guarantees!

Wow.
    Big $$$ but apparently not a huge increase over what Matt Ryan received over the length of what is now a six year deal that presumably keeps Rodgers with the Packers for his career. Works for the Packers as long as Rodgers can be productive for 5 or 6 more seasons

Rodgers’ contract, which while huge, in reality makes him the league’s highest-paid player only incrementally.One of the big numbers you’ve seen is his $33.5 million average in new money ($134 million for the four years added to his contract). That’s an impressive $3.5 million more than the previous record-holder for new-money average, Atlanta Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan.

But this new-money stuff is bogus. What matters to the Packers is the true value — that is, how much money the player will make over the length of the entire deal. Rodgers’ true average is $29.2 million ($176 million over six years).

While he also set a record by that measure, that’s only by $1 million more than Ryan, who’s also No. 2 there. Rodgers will make an enormous amount of money, but he didn’t blow past the field. (What made the deal worth it for him? $80 million over the next 6½ months. That really does blow everyone else away.)
    As an agent I texted with Wednesday put it, “I think (the Packers) made out huge. A six-year deal!”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ck/1150080002/

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    The fact that Brady is making so little continues to fuel my speculation that he is getting money under the table from Kraft. I would love to do a forensic accounting audit on Mr. Kraft.
    You can afford to leave some $$$ on the table when you are the second income in your marriage.

Gisele Bundchen enjoyed 15 years as the world’s highest-earning model.... This year, the Brazilian supermodel took in $17.5 million — about 43% less than her 2016 income of $30.5 million.

http://time.com/money/5033357/kendal...sele-bundchen/

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post

You can afford to leave some $$$ on the table when you are the second income in your marriage.

Gisele Bundchen enjoyed 15 years as the world’s highest-earning model.... This year, the Brazilian supermodel took in $17.5 million — about 43% less than her 2016 income of $30.5 million.

http://time.com/money/5033357/kendal...sele-bundchen/
    Well, that is one of my suspicions, Kraft has money flowing to Marcia through Giselle.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Well, that is one of my suspicions, Kraft has money flowing to Marcia through Giselle.
    Giselle is as HOF worthy in her field as Brady is in his - to say it is highly doubtful Kraft has been laundering $$$ to her husband through her modeling gigs since they got together is an understatement

Bündchen's net worth is a whopping $360 million while Brady's sits comfortably at $180 million

https://www.elitedaily.com/p/what-is...mazing-8011400

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Giselle is as HOF worthy in her field as Brady is in his - to say it is highly doubtful Kraft has been laundering $$$ to her husband through her modeling gigs since they got together is an understatement

Bündchen's net worth is a whopping $360 million while Brady's sits comfortably at $180 million

https://www.elitedaily.com/p/what-is...mazing-8011400
    We have all seen how competitive Marcia is during games. How shit faced he gets when somebody screws up. How far he is willing to go to win. But when it comes to getting paid, he is suddenly easy going? He is willing to take a pay cut so that the Pats* can load up their roster and not be bugged about making 1/2 of the money most QBs are getting now?

I don't know, I smell a rat in Beantown.

Giselle would only be one avenue to use to "launder" money.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I always figured that Brady has a handshake promise from Kraft for something after his playing career. A front office role or perhaps an ownership stake.

Rodgers deal is decent for both sides.

We have all seen how competitive Marcia is during games. How shit faced he gets when somebody screws up. How far he is willing to go to win. But when it comes to getting paid, he is suddenly easy going? He is willing to take a pay cut so that the Pats* can load up their roster and not be bugged about making 1/2 of the money most QBs are getting now?

I don't know, I smell a rat in Beantown.

Giselle would only be one avenue to use to "launder" money.
    What? Laidback Tommy boy?

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if that quack Guerrero is amping him up with PEDs...

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Nice job of derailing a thread.

I personally like Rodgers and not to surprised by the pack giving him some love.

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    Nice job of derailing a thread.

I personally like Rodgers and not to surprised by the pack giving him some love.
    I guess if you prefer the individual over team. The Green Bay Aaron Rodgers.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    I guess if you prefer the individual over team. The Green Bay Aaron Rodgers.
    They’ll be just fine with paying Rodgers that money...it’s not like the strapped themselves into cap-he’ll by overpaying LaMar Woodley or something like that...lol

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    They’ll be just fine with paying Rodgers that money...it’s not like the strapped themselves into cap-he’ll by overpaying LaMar Woodley or something like that...lol
    Aaron Rogers is a great QB, but they're going nowhere. So I guess it's better to watch them go nowhere with Aaron Rogers then nowhere without him.

Quote Originally Posted by tom444 View Post
    Aaron Rogers is a great QB, but they're going nowhere. So I guess it's better to watch them go nowhere with Aaron Rogers then nowhere without him.
    Pretty much close to the same odds that the Steelers have to win the Super Bowl. So with those odds, it doesn’t hurt to have Rodgers on that team.

Despite what the oddsmakers say, I wouldn't put your money on Green Bay if I were you.

Team Odds
    New England Patriots +700
    Los Angeles Rams +850
    Pittsburgh Steelers +1000
    Philadelphia Eagles +1000
    Green Bay Packers +1200
    Minnesota Vikings +1200
    New Orleans Saints +1600
    Los Angeles Chargers +1800
    Houston Texans +2000
    Atlanta Falcons +2000
    Jacksonville Jaguars +2000