Thread: Haden: 'It was the scariest day of my life'

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Haden: 'It was the scariest day of my life'

As Joe Haden stood in front of a group of athletes from Special Olympics Pennsylvania one afternoon at Steelers training camp, someone special stood right alongside him. Someone Haden looks to for inspiration, someone Haden admires and loves, someone Haden would do anything for.

It was his brother Jacob Haden, himself a Special Olympian. Jacob, who is five years younger than Joe, has a cognitive disorder which affects his ability to speak and communicate verbally. But it hasn’t stopped his love for sports. That is why big brother Joe plays sports with him, and has made a commitment to helping Special Olympics, serving as a Global Ambassador for Special Olympics since 2015.......

Read more @ https://www.steelers.com/news/haden-...day-of-my-life

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Re: Haden: 'It was the scariest day of my life'

I always liked Joe Haden. Even when he was on the Browns. And not just because of his talent; it was because of his attitude. He’s usually smiling. He’s just one of those guys - like Hines Ward, like Ju-Ju, etc. - who just seem happy to play the game.